Sign in to follow this  
[DE]Rebecca

Update 7.6: Hotfixes

Is there a max shield capacity now? Because of the passive leveling, my defualt shield capacity on my warframe is now 450. When I attach a mod that increases my shield capacity by 200% (so it should in theory double it, making it 1350), I only get 750. That's not even double the amount...

(We need to get the stat displays finished, UGH) Sorry about this confusion: those % increases are always from the base stat, to avoid exponential stacking ((base * x) * y) * z) gets crazy fast. Vs (%x * base) + (%y * base) + (%z * base)

When the proper stats go in you will see base value and adjusted to it is somewhat clearer.

Way too much health and shields now, i'm not against having some pasive increase, but it still need some tweaking.

me too, +2 HP and +3 Shield per warframe level is more than enogh

lvl30 = +60 HP and +90 Shield

They'll probably just nerf the mods we worked for again

I think DE underestimates how many people are already at 30 and beyond, it's not hard to get that far

ok prior to this update fusing a rare5 core to one of my mods was 4.4k now its 3.15k where as i do get this is a drop in price i gotta say its not enough. and "simple" should be more like a set price for common, uncommon and rare... like 250 for commons, 500 for uncommons and 1000 for rares. with the prices like this it makes it to pricey for those of us that are at 30 and are casual players. it seems this game, the way it is, favors the harcore players but not the rest of us in this regard.

Dude. theres no such thing as a system that favors the casual over the hardcore.

a) a hardcore player plays more than the casual one so you cant improve anything with regards to drops, drop rates, or any part of the economy. cause if a casual player can do it cheaper the hardcore player will do it and probably 2-3x as much if not more.

b) the only way to help casual gamers is passive - nongame stuff... like daily reward, first win of the day.

c) hardcore gamers are the ones that keep the game going. they make squads happen, they help casuals get those hard boss kills down. the same way you cant balance the game entirely on solo runs, because it would make groups of 4 have way too easy a time.

with all that said. if you have any ideas that would help casuals without helping the hardcore, this isnt the place to give feedback. go post in gameplay feedback taking in mind the above.

This is excellent! Passive Bonuses was 1 of the 2 big Changes I was hoping for in this game. Now they just need

to find a working Solution for Stealth-Play and I`ll be fully happy.

And for those thinking it will be too easy now, think of the lesser skilled Players or those who don`t play

Powerhouses like the Rhino or Excalibur. If you can`t see a challenge anymore, do what has been already mentioned

several times by now. Remove those Vitality and Redirection Cards, leave the slots blank, too, for added Difficulty.

Voila, Challenge returns.

They'll probably just nerf the mods we worked for again

I think DE underestimates how many people are already at 30 and beyond, it's not hard to get that far

Since I feel like a heel after doing that and dumped platinum into all the CB accounts ... hopefully not! We do have stats for levels, so we don't need to estimate.

We're not nerfarious shadowy men, just trying to make the optional mods properly optional and make a rank 0 vs. rank 30 warframe 'less squishy' (aka listen to player feedback and act on it).

few questions regarding the tweaks:

are the stats being buffed by a certain percentage or is it linear? (e.g. buff per level +15 or buff per level +15% of base)

do different frames have different characteristics regarding these passives?

I noticed on a lvl0 frame of mine that not all stats are being buffed at the same time, lvl0 loki -> lvl1 only buffed the health by 15, not the other stats.

would be really nice for me to know to calculate some stuff.

Since I feel like a heel after doing that and dumped platinum into all the CB accounts ... hopefully not! We do have stats for levels, so we don't need to estimate.

We're not nerfarious shadowy men, just trying to make the optional mods properly optional and make a rank 0 vs. rank 30 warframe 'less squishy' (aka listen to player feedback and act on it).

And that is why you guys rock.

This game just become more EZ-Mode.. really i hate this patch =/

It was EZ-mode for those who either got lucky with the drops: getting Flow, and Redirection, or for those of us who had endless pages of mods with millions of credits. THere were some players that were just unlucky, not that they lacked the skill but they just never got lucky with the drops. However, given we have infinite defense missions the game is not easy mode. Get to 50+ defense and I assure you it should be challenging. The update makes sense because now new players won't have to spend endless time farming for specific mods and can move to the planets to look for other frames or other things.

I love this I can just throw this shield mods out and HELLO STAMINA AND SPRINT MODS!!!!

Edited by katari

Dude. theres no such thing as a system that favors the casual over the hardcore.

a) a hardcore player plays more than the casual one so you cant improve anything with regards to drops, drop rates, or any part of the economy. cause if a casual player can do it cheaper the hardcore player will do it and probably 2-3x as much if not more.

b) the only way to help casual gamers is passive - nongame stuff... like daily reward, first win of the day.

c) hardcore gamers are the ones that keep the game going. they make squads happen, they help casuals get those hard boss kills down. the same way you cant balance the game entirely on solo runs, because it would make groups of 4 have way too easy a time.

with all that said. if you have any ideas that would help casuals without helping the hardcore, this isnt the place to give feedback. go post in gameplay feedback taking in mind the above.

Agree with you but also wanted to add - the cost is slightly less and the effectiveness (return on credits + burning a mod) has been increased as well.

HIDDEN UPDATE: I found Nervos in the trinity Farm level hurry and check them !

Well if you have all the numbers you should know everything

Is the player's frame taken into account?

Cause I know now that I have rhino pretty much nothing is a challenge when I can press 2 for 10 seconds of god mode

At first I was really excited about finally getting passives, checked Loki first: went from 75 hp/shield to 225 hp/shield and I thought well that's legit that's about a 150 increase, makes sense... then I checked my ash which was 150 hp/100 shield and now it's 450 hp/300 shield... erm... wait... what? and just to check with my mag which isn't 30 yet it would appear that the math is leading to 450 shield/ 225 hp from 150 shield/75 hp... so rather than doing a static passive (which would lead to more balance amongst the frames given some dramatically different starting points) DE appears to have gone the route of just giving +200% at rank 30 which just compounds the issue and makes the frames that were strong before much stronger. This is definitely not a good route to take. If all the frames had gotten a flat +150hp/shield I don't think we'd be seeing such a big problem and there wouldn't be this huge disparity which has just been made worse.

Yep, you're right and we thought of that but it made all the frames more &*$$genous. We opted to emphasize differences using a % of base (we call this 'stacking multiply') instead of additive.

I guess my point is more along the lines of this: my Loki with a hp mod and shield mod both at 240% equipped has 405 shield/hp whereas my Ash with just a shield mod has 540 shield/450 hp. I get the &*$$ginization factor, however we're talking effective differences of 100% at base hp values which are compounded by the mods available. I'm not saying that I cannot play with a Loki, because quite frankly I think 225hp is fine and I won't need to use a health mod period. It seems like a great way to discourage some people from playing one frame over another if they take one look and say "well I get more hp base with these frames than I could even get upgraded with these over there, why bother playing them". This doesn't seem to me to be a good way of going about it, because even if the difficulty gets raised that just puts the frames that cannot get anywhere near the hp pools into being forced to use a health mod or just not be played.

Edited by plznohurtme

I logged on and almost peed myself at having 1k shields on Frost. I sense a nerf coming.. 8)

Uncommon 5 gives more Upgrade Energy than Rare 2 but 2x Rare 2[/i gives more than 2x Uncommon 5.

Weird?

Funny how first people complained they were underpowered and now they complain for being overpowered lol... Can't please them all

This is excellent! Passive Bonuses was 1 of the 2 big Changes I was hoping for in this game. Now they just need

to find a working Solution for Stealth-Play and I`ll be fully happy.

And for those thinking it will be too easy now, think of the lesser skilled Players or those who don`t play

Powerhouses like the Rhino or Excalibur. If you can`t see a challenge anymore, do what has been already mentioned

several times by now. Remove those Vitality and Redirection Cards, leave the slots blank, too, for added Difficulty.

Voila, Challenge returns.

Even without those mods it's ridiculously easy...

Well if you have all the numbers you should know everything

Is the player's frame taken into account?

Cause I know now that I have rhino pretty much nothing is a challenge when I can press 2 for 10 seconds of god mode

Yes, agreed - IronSkin is very powerful, but it was before this Update as well...

Health, Shield, and Power Max stats will now passively increase with level.

Too bad... I actually liked having to use cover.

I love you.

With that out of the way, i'm now afraid about content scaling when thinking about solo players. Since i work at home and also work on the localization team, i have the need to pause the game constantly to answer phone calls, skype meetings and on-point localization fix and revisions.

If you, say, scale an end-boss for Notso's Saryin with 1350 shield and 2500 health, my poor Loki with 450 shield and 400 health will suffer for it, no?