Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn Miasma

G3rman

Currently, Saryn's AOE ultimate does not work against grinders. I believe it should affect them as acid can burn through anything, organic or synthetic. Kind of annoying to kill all the grineer around me but the rollers follow up with stun lock.

At least it effect any organic things. It's more of a strategy usage since not all abilities in most warframe works on everything

Loki's Radial Disarm is useless against infected.

Mag's shield polarize won't work on anything that doesn't have shield, and bullet attractor also don't help much when you're fighting against infected.

Volt deal less damage to infected since it's electric damage and get reduced.

Ember is good against infected and some non-robotic corpus. Other than that the damage is reduced (since other than that is heavy arm mobs btw)

Oh, by the way, Saryn's Miasma is not actually acid(From its description). It's a lethally poisonous mist that corrodes all enemies in range, effectively disintegrating organic and synthetic matter instantly.

Edited by Lunarez

Oh, by the way, Saryn's Miasma is not actually acid(From its description). It's a lethally poisonous mist that corrodes all enemies in range, effectively disintegrating organic and synthetic matter instantly.

She's a poison/acid frame by developer description, and what you just said here proves my point anyway.

It can't be used strategically if it can't kill stunlocking enemies. I don't care if it does reduced damage against synthetics, but it should do damage. There is no reason for it to not.

You can't compare a non-damage dealing ultimate to an actual damage dealer.

Same to Mag's abilities, unless you are talking about her ultimate it doesn't apply.

Ember is based on fire which is powerful against infested, and while her abilities aren't effective against other enemies, they do damage to all hostiles.

She's a poison/acid frame by developer description, and what you just said here proves my point anyway.

It can't be used strategically if it can't kill stunlocking enemies. I don't care if it does reduced damage against synthetics, but it should do damage. There is no reason for it to not.

You can't compare a non-damage dealing ultimate to an actual damage dealer.

Same to Mag's abilities, unless you are talking about her ultimate it doesn't apply.

Ember is based on fire which is powerful against infested, and while her abilities aren't effective against other enemies, they do damage to all hostiles.

My point is that not all abilities work on all enemies. Because I think the dev intend it to be that way. (By the way, Volt's ultimate is itself dealing damage around the user, it's just got higher if there're electronic circuits around)

I understand you point though, Since it's acid (as you demand) it should be able to at least slow down. But from what I know sythetic mostly use for the meaning of textile fibre, so I doubt if the metal will be counted unless they change the description.

All abilities which do damage, do damage to all enemies if they hit the enemies. I haven't seen an exception to that rule except nervos. They shouldn't be immune to Miasma, especially for the cost of 100 energy!

Exactly, given the cost and vulnerability surrounding a person using an ultimate, it should be effective against all enemies in some fashion.

Another critique; unlike most other warframes, Saryn can't activate her ultimate in mid-air. I generally like to slide and jump toward enemies to make myself more difficult to target and get to the enemy formation faster, so after coming out of that animation I can't activate the ultimate which leaves me vulnerable. Sometimes, I can't even activate the ability after I get out of a jump because it still thinks I'm in mid-air. This should be cleaned up in a systemic way; either no frames can activate their ultimates in mid-air or Saryn should be able to do so.

Well, from my point of view, the dev may tend to give Saryn a 'weakness' because of her kits.

She has a decoy, invulnerability, and damaging AoE all in one. So they makes her ult unable to hit robotic enemies. The only warframe that nearly come up with the same kit is Rhino, but his mobility is lackluster.

Idk about the ultimate mid-air though, but if that what happen to you, I feel it's need to fix the same way you said.

Well, from my point of view, the dev may tend to give Saryn a 'weakness' because of her kits.

She has a decoy, invulnerability, and damaging AoE all in one. So they makes her ult unable to hit robotic enemies. The only warframe that nearly come up with the same kit is Rhino, but his mobility is lackluster.

Idk about the ultimate mid-air though, but if that what happen to you, I feel it's need to fix the same way you said.

That's a bad design then. Her first ability is already useless, Saryn's ultimate shouldn't be weighed down by only selectively targeting groups of enemies.

It works against Corpus synthetics; it should definitely work on stunlocking Grineer synthetics.

Edited by G3rman

At least you can say there're a lot of bad design everywhere outside of just Saryn, really. Just who will use everything-but-crush ability on mag. And I never ever see any Banshee use Sonar and Silence.

You know silence is useless in team play ( and in solo XD ) and i would like use more Sonar. In fact i like that skill alot, but 100 energi for 2nd skill? Its waste of power.

Edited by Faith666cz

Venom and Miasma are both pretty poor skills. For 100 energy, Miasma really doesn't much, especially when you consider that for 100 Energy, you could cast Contagion twice and go Hulk mode for half a minute or more.