The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please, We Need Tranquilizer Based Guns.

Scherhardt

It's sort of a good idea when you consider all the other elemental effects. There is already a DoT with fire, Freeze slows, Electricity stuns, so something that puts them to sleep would be interesting. It could be like an extended knockdown, only highly effective if you intend to stealth something.

And it would all work too, if it weren't for those dern Moas and Osprey.

Yes, I want to put them to sleep and then drag and let go of their bodies to see if they drop additional loot.

(If you get the reference, You played a good game.)

Played it, not saying what game tho. Good idea for incentive to stealth.

Could be useful for stealth gameplay. Make guards fall asleep rather then kill. Gives better rewards at end... when stealth 1.0 is implemented.

That would be my idea, bonus for not setting off alarm/ not kiling anyone.  makes stealthing worth the effort. 

Another possible idea is a capture mission where you have to find a target and knock them out, then cary them to the exit. 

WE NEED A JAIL INSIDE DOJO TOO! I WANT TO TAKE TRANQUILIZED ENEMIES INTO JAIL!

in all seriousness, having somthing like this implimented, being able to capture enemies for use in your dojo, would be really cool.  lets say....   kubrow research requires you to have captured certain enemies in order to create them (ie you use the corpus, grineer and infested as spare parts and base material for it)  it could be interesting, so that you actually have to carry a body to extraction in order to use it.

or just a room sorta like the trophy room with slots to show who you've bothered to capture would be cool.

Given how the Grineer, Corpus, Infested, and Corrupted operate, I really don't understand why you would want to put them to sleep instead of straightup murdering them.

Stealth? Knock them out, then stealth up and execute them one by one. Not everyone wants only run-and-gun gameplay.

And this kind of weapon would be GREAT for Stealth 2.0! Would greatly increase the playability! Only, maybe not "Tranq" so much as "stasis" - Tranq implies knocking them out which implies them falling over which would making thing seem suspicious moreso than Grineer #34 just standing at his post - plus stasis juts has a more sci-fi feel and could have a better visual indicator that it's working!

Edited by Morec0