Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stuck On Checking For Updates.

-CM-SolShadows

After not playing the game for about a year more or less i decided i'll come back to play some and now i'm also experiencing this "stuck at checking for updates".

i have left the client running all night and after 10 hours, almost 11 now it's sitting at :123.1 / 781 MB. *Sigh* i guess i just wait it out till they fix this?or whats the deal

my friend got the same problem like you guys.. he was new player, just downloading for the first time installing with steam and the launcher get stuck at checking for new content.

I never get this problem thou so i couldn't help him.. i'm waiting for the bug fix or someone post the solution

This appears to be the correct place:

Launcher doesn't 

-> checking for new content ... 0.0 / 3MB <-

pegs one core at 100% ... forever.

Worked earlier today (and has never failed before today)

I installed another steam game today (robocraft)

Here are some relevant bits from preprocess.log - it appears to be spending a lot of time (and CPU) failing at:

'fetching cache results'

1.841 Sys [Diag]: Command line:-silent -log:/Preprocess.log -dx10:1 -dx11:1 -threadedworker:1 -cluster:public -language:en -applet:/EE/Types/Framework/ContentUpdate unaggressive
3.774 Sys [info]: /Temp/FontCache/DroidSans_24_b.sf is out of date (hash mismatch)
20.051 Sys [info]: Budget overrun fetching cache results (277 ms)
24.753 Sys [info]: Budget overrun fetching cache results (275 ms)
98.895 Sys [info]: Budget overrun fetching cache results (277 ms)
129.614 Sys [info]: StopSoak detected: aborting update.
129.620 Sys [info]: ===[ Exiting main loop ]===

• 3 months later...

I have the same exact problem. When I go to the Task Manager to end the process and hopefully play it again, it shows that multiple copies of the same process are running. I am able to shut down two out of three, one of those always being the one that's actually running, and the other one is impossible to close. No matter how much I click 'End Task' it never does. I don't know if that's the cause, or maybe if it's just a bug with my game. Want a sort of solution before I attempt to uninstall and reinstall. Any suggestions are great (my game sometiems works if I use my phone's internet, but I know that it can't be an internet issue, because I have complete connection at my house, and nothing, and I mean NOTHING else has a problem loading)l

• 2 months later...

Hey guy's do not reinstall try this first.

log onto steam

go to games library

find warframe and right click

then click on local files its the 3rd tab from the left then click on verify integrity of game cache

steam will check your files and download what is needed to complete the update.

you should be good to go.

also if any of you are looking for a clan let us know we welcome new members, are experienced and willing to help new players

our clan is called Onry {japanese for vengfull spirit} hope to see you soon

Hey guy's do not reinstall try this first.

log onto steam

go to games library

find warframe and right click

then click on local files its the 3rd tab from the left then click on verify integrity of game cache

steam will check your files and download what is needed to complete the update.

you should be good to go.

also if any of you are looking for a clan let us know we welcome new members, are experienced and willing to help new players

our clan is called Onry {japanese for vengfull spirit} hope to see you soon

This will not always work.  If the Steam version is different from the live one( which it is, since we just got update 16, and you updated through the warframe launcher before), steam will think all your files are wrong and proceeds to delete them and redownload.  I know because this happened to me once.

Rather than checking the files through steam, it would be better to check from the Warframe Launcher itself.

Also, I apologize on necroing this thread(the two previous posters already did), just thought i had to comment or else everyone having the same issue and is using Steam will delete their local files.