[DE]Rebecca

4/15/2014 Connectivity Issues

why attack warframe and waste time if they really want to make a difference go after the companies that are need to be taught a lesson

• Upvote 1

It was a reference for Mass Effect. TalI'Zorah used to say "Go for the eyes Chittika!" When relasing her Combat Drone.

And the protagonist of the game said the same to his / her hamster when the ship was captured.

Actually the "Go for the eyes...." comment comes all the way from Baldurs Gate, where a ranger named Minsc had a miniature giant space hamster animal companion called Boo. And he would yell "Go for the eyes Boo, go for the eyes!".

• Upvote 13

Actually the "Go for the eyes...." comment comes all the way from Baldurs Gate, where a ranger named Minsc had a miniature giant space hamster animal companion called Boo. And he would yell "Go for the eyes Boo, go for the eyes!".

Oh now I remember. I read that on the wiki long time ago. Never played Baldur's Gate, but Mass Effect is No.1

A Corpus conspirator has launched a multi-day DDOS attack against our hamsters. We are breeding more hamsters now. Sorry for the downtime.

This thread will be updated with any reports of significance.

I'll tell you what. Since you are having network security issues. I specialize in preemptively detecting vulnerabilities for these types of attacks. Including PIN testing and sourcecode/packet text communications for server security. 

It might help to have someone to analyze these type of attacks. Just seems Warframe has some haters out there....

• Upvote 3

So, Any ideas as to who the attackers are?

Possible SMITE fanboys? If so, I suggest we crucify them.

...I promise I'm not mad...Not at all.....not at all...

479.gif

• Upvote 15

most likely not directed at DE, but at whom they have hosting, around $150 to buy a ddos attack, i don't see a disgruntled player paying that aimed at a game, but collateral damage is possible if the ddos is targeting their host/isp, and/or tyeing up bandwidth in general. it requires a pretty good sized botnet to affect servers.

shouldn't they have local servers? i mean  local servers for a multi-platformed game would be better for multiple reasons, they wouldn't have to pay certain amount each month to some server company, the servers would have more reliability(but i guess that isn't the case here). The servers would be faster and easier to work on then having a 3rd party server company work on them in cases like this, but that's my opinion XD

Whoa, dont blame Corpus for all that ruckus. I'm sure you know who is the real culprit:

It's the Grineer

No wait, it's the Corpus. Definitely the Corpus. 

• Upvote 3

So, Any ideas as to who the attackers are?

Possible SMITE fanboys? If so, I suggest we crucify them.

...I promise I'm not mad...Not at all.....not at all...

479.gif

but...

mad-as-hell.jpg

Edited by dataman88
  • Upvote 5

Damnit, support  just got done cleaning up the mess after i got thrown into a game with Cheaty McCheaterson as the host and i really wanted to play.

why attack warframe and waste time if they really want to make a difference go after the companies that are need to be taught a lesson

There could be several reasons:

- "For the Lulz"

- The one/s who are attacking WF overhyped U13 and expected more

- Losers of MMOBomb Showdown

- Hate to some staff members cause they reacted wrongly or something similar

In general what we can do is:

- Wait for DE to block the DDoS-attacks

- Don't rage

- Play something different / do something in reallife / in general: DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT until it is finally blocked

- Wait!

Btw. im guessing it's one or multiple botnet/s, cause a few dedicated server's wouldn't take down DEs servers imo

@Digital Extremes(DE)

You could try to redirect all requests to the server which aren't internal to 8.8.8.8 = google.com or shut disable internet for the time being,

so you can locally configure stuff and set it back on - if the attackers are attacking a server which is down, they'll stop after a while

//Edit: fontcolor

Edited by ModoX
  • Upvote 5

A Corpus conspirator has launched a multi-day DDOS attack against our hamsters. We are breeding more hamsters now. Sorry for the downtime.

This thread will be updated with any reports of significance.

Perhaps DE should upgrade to kubrows? I hear the orokin labs are cloning them for cheap.

Hamsters are specialized in nuts breaking, may I remind you... Nom, nom, nom... ^^

Ouch! One striking up, one down - there's not really a defense. I guess we have just discovered the Hamster Stance!

Server Up? Yaaay!! Wait, nevermind. Chat is down so the game is hopelessly boring. Mind as well be down.