[DE]Rebecca

4/15/2014 Connectivity Issues

You obviously don't know anything about how Warframe is designed.

like i care lol

I'd love to know who's behind this...

It would be difficult to pinpoint the main source of the attacker - it could very well be hijacked networks operating through the numerous free VPN-services on a infinite-looping script that floods the servers with connection requests.

Easy to execute, hard to stop.

• Upvote 1

u__u i want to play, need to farm 2 crystals for hydroid helmet.

Is anyone having troubles connecting to the chat box while in game? The game can be played but not talking on the chat box. And i got logged out a few times after the connection is up but not the chat box. Anyone having this problem?

I love the way this post was done (seriously, it made this annoying thing into an amusing non-thing.)

Thanks for the update, it helps with the frame-separation anxiety.

there are always ways; if someone closes door, god opens windows.

They can prep update from some mini offsite ip - and let players know to down it.

Not really. The handshake between the launcher and update server is encrypted. Even if they redirected traffic they wouldn't be able to deliver a payload.

im in-game now but the chat server is loading, well thats expected.

try not to open your foundry because it will get data from the server and you MIGHT disconnect.

Edited by Ritchel

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!disrespect something , that was invented by people, and what  exists only on the computer.And who is dumbass after this???Dude's got a point.

Can I haz English?

Would it help if i run in the next pet shop with me awesome ember costume and get some hamsters?? will they survive a 1 day trip with UPS? :3

Hmmm i am patient.. DE as nothing to do with those downtimes if third party ppl DDOS the servers to go down. Even if i lose my affinity Booster i am patient and others should be too.

I wish ups shipping was that good.

DDOS.  You monster.

Well if we can't get the DDOS'ers, we can send GLaDOS after them.  In an Orokin Catalyst.

• Upvote 1

Some have walked these desolate worlds while you have slept. Some like me. I remember what you did. I remember the day.

Update 13 appeared at the Terminus, gleaming and victorious. Our cold and gold Emperors, breathless, bathed him in savior's silk. Then came the sound. Across all our worlds, all at once, the ceremonial Naga drums. A royal salute to the newest addition to the update family. Ten solemn beats to declare the waiting was over. I watched from a distance, with the rest of the low Guardians. With each beat terror began to crush my throat. The update was not stoic and silent. It was waiting. It was poised. It knew what would happen next. I tried to call out but only a strangled whisper escaped.

When the ninth beat rang a torrent of DDOS filled the stadium, loosed by unknown blades. The drums, the Empire, fell silent forever.

Now I hunt, dividing your numbers. Watching from that dark place, cataloging your sins, I am the ghost of retribution. You may forget but you are not innocent.

-Stalker

• Upvote 2

It would be difficult to pinpoint the main source of the attacker - it could very well be hijacked networks operating through the numerous free VPN-services on a infinite-looping script that floods the servers with connection requests.

Easy to execute, hard to stop.

Well There are better more efficent ways to actually bring down servers; question: why use botnets when you have 4gbps cannon?

Just play around ttl, dns servers update and you can flood the S#&$ out of anyone... still pointless way of taking care of things.

I think that we should stop spamming DE with messages. 

however, I also think DE should make it up to the players somehow - many of us, including myself, had lost items/money/platinum in one way or the other due to the attack. I hope some compensation is being prepared - platinum/booster maybe?

That doesn't seem fair to request, though I know your feelz.  Still, it's strange to ask the victim of the attack to pay up a bonus to players.

That'd be like asking a Best Buy to have a flash sale after getting robbed, to make the customers happy.

• Upvote 3

I feel sorry for the guys at DE. They probably poured hours upon hours working U13 and a couple of days after it's released it's gets DDoS'd

• Upvote 2

I come from APB which was mercilessly barraged with DDOS attacks for over a month just recently. The safeties they put in place to prevent it carried a hefty toll via substantially higher ping for everyone. I only hope that DE finds a way to mitigate these attacks in a way that impacts players the least, while hopefully also giving the attackers a taste of tenno justice.

The people who do this DDOS crap need to have all their fingers cut off (and maybe some other extremities as well). 

Edited by Ephee
  • Upvote 3

i'm unable to play the game as well...

i say, that we attack the DDOS directly, using our ninja powers!

Let's go friends

Edited by Alienage

Not really. The handshake between the launcher and update server is encrypted. Even if they redirected traffic they wouldn't be able to deliver a payload.

Look, they know the encryption... they can put it where-ever they want... if they want. So if they really want they can.

like i care lol

The chat server is separate from the login server and any issue with it wouldn't affect anything else.