[DE]Rebecca

4/15/2014 Connectivity Issues

I meeeeean, if you really want to compensate, maybe throw in an extra potato alert or two...or ten... #hinthintwinkwinknudgenudge

ibbPgATOucqoX3.gif

Edited by Yenrei
  • Upvote 4

well suddenly i cant update warframe. it  say something about evolution engine does not answere now when i try reinatal it say cant log in 

I love how since Warframe won best f2p game, people are now trying to attack it..

Sad day.. :(

It just shows how envious others are at Warframe's success!

Let's be real, this attack was bound to happen sooner or later. Goes to show you how much publicity it's gained.

You need to stop being such a TROLL and crawl back under your rock.

It's a genuine question in which wasn't directed towards you.

Last I checked the funds I put into this game doesn't go towards your pay check.

and this completely screwed the whole europe.

Will be fixed by the time Us prime time hits - and eu lost a whole day.

Must... resist... urge... to bring freedom and democracy to DDOS-ers... 

10152389_646874522050349_1247275898_n.jp

e5ec856c6fa6cf5e88820c8babdaf7ed77e2a3d9

How many freedoms per minute does it fire?

• Upvote 2

do you think you can fix it by the end of the day ?

I doubt it. You can't just "fix" DDoS attacks.

• Upvote 1

It was so clearly the people from Smite.. Mad they lost you know? They got a bad community anyways :(

• Upvote 2

And this is why we need an offline mode that doesn't rely on servers.

I just played a few rounds of flappyframe :3 Such an awesome little thing, right there in your offline game.

But I agree, it would be neat if we had a few offline things, for example a practice mode like "Lotus VR missions."

• Upvote 6

To be honest with you, this proves nothing.

This is just EXE-Details set by the compiler, which is merely text only without purpose.

If you want encryption to a certain extend, just click on the "Digital Signatures"-Tab, which features Certificates, who are encrypted stuff itself.

However, even THIS has nothing to do with the server.

It was not meant to show it...

They can edit their software. And once we're talking about compiler they can compile it with anything there including different hosts it relates to...

The digital signature is for client to authenticate it on server; nothing else. *(its not the encryption that we seem to disagree)

Any1 have any idea when we will get to play? Or we are stuck outside until we the DDos attack is done?

So many people blaming DE for the whole incident.

If DDOS was something you could easily stop from happening, it wouldn't be a problem. Yes A DOS attack on the other hand can be stopped at an instant, but we're talking about multiple bots attacking this game (and apparently other games as well).

The only way to stop it is to find the culprit.

If you read up though, you might come across that attacks of this scale aren't executed by your regular script-kiddie, so this might take some time.

I agree on one point though: Take login services offline and focus on the issue at hand.

i cant really agree with this, altough i think this isnt all to blaim on DE i stil think its naive to not have any features implemented to prefent this in this day of age. i dont think a input limiter would have been to great of an innovation. but it could be that they allready have and it was bypassed or simply failed, but altough this doesnt completely disarm a ddos attack it at least prefents anyone from seeing the obvious results of their efforts, wich make it more tempting to persist attacks. i sure hope this made a safefail the priority for their next update.

thats why i supported Sargas Ruk ^^ and of couse i wanted some greedy milk...

DDOS attacks are something I've always found quite bizarrely interesting. I understand vaguely how they work, but my question is, unless the perpetrators stop the attack, what can be done about it? Just wait it out?

DDOS attacks are something I've always found quite bizarrely interesting. I understand vaguely how they work, but my question is, unless the perpetrators stop the attack, what can be done about it? Just wait it out?

From my understanding, yeah, we can only wait it out. Things can be done to lessen the effects of the attack, but it won't truly be fixed until the attackers stop.

• Upvote 1

They dont even seem to use  some popular service like cloudflare to mitigate site ddos attacks.

What I would like to know is why would someone target a totally cool, totally ftp game like Warframe. Who'd these guys piss off?