[DE]Rebecca

4/15/2014 Connectivity Issues

Since the game is unplayable, or rather really frustrating to play, as the game uses the DDoSed service to save character changes and mission rewards, shouldn't the game be taken down?

It was not meant to show it...

They can edit their software. And once we're talking about compiler they can compile it with anything there including different hosts it relates to...

The digital signature is for client to authenticate it on server; nothing else. *(its not the encryption that we seem to disagree)

The problem is you can't read. (Or write English, apparently).

I never stated or implied that DE couldn't change their own software, you dolt. The point was an outside party from DE couldn't hijack the Launcher or trick it into downloading a fake update, as you implied in your original post.

DDOS attacks are something I've always found quite bizarrely interesting. I understand vaguely how they work, but my question is, unless the perpetrators stop the attack, what can be done about it? Just wait it out?

Probably my fellow Tenno.

Hey, since we're number 1, they are essentially feeling something i call jealousy...

As such, the atack will stop, one day that is...lol

Edited by Alienage

DDOS attacks are something I've always found quite bizarrely interesting. I understand vaguely how they work, but my question is, unless the perpetrators stop the attack, what can be done about it? Just wait it out?

I remember a private server for PSO had suffered a DDoS attack by a cheater that got banned, they solved it within a few hours, forgot exactly how but either you know how, or you just have to wait till the person gets bored.

Logged in but chat wasn't working. Didn't bother playing any because it would probably go down again/not save anything.

It was so clearly the people from Smite.. Mad they lost you know? They got a bad community anyways :(

The attack was unfortunate...

That doesn't mean we should make unfounded accusations.

Unless you have a picture of a person in a Smite t-shirt holding up a sign that says," I launched the DDos attack" while holding a check in the other hand from Hi-rez to that person with "for the DDos attack" somewhere on it.

• Upvote 4

I agree, offline practice mode with ALL the mods and unlimited mod points, and free switching polarities, and enemy spawn control pad :D

I say blame the blue meth... I see you thaar :D

nay it was that if de wanted they could push up update and change the address the launcher is contacting with to bypass the ddos.

He didn't agree; He didn't agree that DE could change it because of encryption... DE made.

not the point I was making. lrn2read.

Yeah.. Guys i been working on signing in and... Well a fee attempts with internet tampering I AM IN!! I AM ALMIGHTY VERIX HAHAHAHAHA

From my understanding, yeah, we can only wait it out. Things can be done to lessen the effects of the attack, but it won't truly be fixed until the attackers stop.

d5x9t2W.gif

kidding, i knew this. I just wanted to use that gif

• Upvote 1

Well crap. Just got enough experience to rank up to rank 10. Did the challenge and it says that I'm still rank 9 but can't complete the challenge for another day. Oh well I'll just not play for a day and hope the issue is resolved before then.

Well, I was looking forward to trying out my new Hydroid frame. Guess I'll go play something else for a time. :(

For everyone asking for compensation, relax. They're going to handle the situation properly so stop going nuts over what you'll get when something like this happens.

As for everyone else, it's nice to see how everyone is very supportive of DE. The DDOS will be over in a few hours (at most) so by all means, go live life. Hell, you could even masturbate.

Not that the majority of the community doesn't already do this on a consistent basis.

• Upvote 11

It was not meant to show it...

They can edit their software. And once we're talking about compiler they can compile it with anything there including different hosts it relates to...

The digital signature is for client to authenticate it on server; nothing else. *(its not the encryption that we seem to disagree)

Nope. It isn't. This "digital signature" only shows the EXE wasn't tampered with, so it shows the authenticity of that file.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_signing

Authentication to the server is done differently by utilizing SSL-Technology and hardcode some aspects of the certificate

(like its fingerprint) in the client's code to prevent the client connect to other servers or - in fact - spoof servers.

Edited by Sypheal

For everyone asking for compensation, relax. They're going to handle the situation properly so stop going nuts over what you'll get when something like this happens.

As for everyone else, it's nice to see how everyone is very supportive of DE. The DDOS will be over in a few hours (at most) so by all means, go live life. Hell, you could even masturbate.

Not that the majority of the community doesn't already do this on a consistent basis.

But we cant wank our weapons and stuff cause of the DDOS attack

• Upvote 3

I can't see why anyone would actually run a DDOS on a game.

Seems very odd, though I bet it's those wacky Russians !

But we cant wank our weapons and stuff cause of the DDOS attack

But you can wank your junk at the speed of Sonic! :3c

Hell, you could even masturbate.

Bwahahahahahahahahahaha falls off chair with laughter :p

+1 and win the internets

• Upvote 2

I can agree to one of your ideas.

3Flj25N.gif

• Upvote 5

So will everyone's Argon Crystal timers be reset too? If not, no biggie. Just curious