[DE]Rebecca

4/15/2014 Connectivity Issues

It would figure after all the annoyance farming Hydroid on the day he finally finishes building....I can't even play him.  Can you guys at least give me the location of the DDOSers so I can Unleash the Kraken on something?

• Upvote 1

It was a reference for Mass Effect. TalI'Zorah used to say "Go for the eyes Chittika!" When relasing her Combat Drone.

And the protagonist of the game said the same to his / her hamster when the ship was captured.

Originally from baldur's gate 2 I believe.. the beserker has a hamster nambed Booskaboo, boo for short. He always says ":Go for the eyes Boo! Go for the eyes!"

DDOS attacks are something I've always found quite bizarrely interesting. I understand vaguely how they work, but my question is, unless the perpetrators stop the attack, what can be done about it? Just wait it out?

Oh, they are interesting. All kinds of hacking are interesting.

The strange thing about DDOS attacks is that (mostly), attacker isn't interested in stealing or manipulating information.... These DOS attacks are only launched to do harm. I can hardly think of a way the attacker could profit from the attack.

I witnessed a large game publisher being attacked in 2009. They couldn't do anything about it... the attack lasted for weeks.

Just like here, the servers were accessable for short time, and then they weren't reachable for hours.

That's most likely caused by the attempt to block the attacking IPs, but a  persistent attacker will just switch to other IPs.

People here stated that DDos attacks could be avoided/ended easily-

But it really depends on how persistent the attacker is.

I can't think of something DE could do.

Maybe run the game from a different server. And ONLY the game.

Edited by WEREsandrock
  • Upvote 1

Bwahahahahahahahahahaha falls off chair with laughter :p

+1 and win the internets

Thanks kiddo, I'm here all day. =3

No but I'm just here to help lighten the mood so people don't release fifty shades of cray when they realize Warframe has been DDOS'd.

• Upvote 1

Just leaving this stupid question here but, will DDoS attacks have any effect on our accounts? I am not familiar with the entire purpose of DDoS

I doubt its the people who lost the mmobomb F2P poll, i think its someone or some clan that is upset that they couldn't gain control of a dark sector.

Just leaving this stupid question here but, will DDoS attacks have any effect on our accounts? I am not familiar with the entire purpose of DDoS.

The entire purpose of DDoS is to prevent a specific server from working. Essentially, people are cockblocking the entire community from playing.

On a side note, I just started calling this Attack on DDoS.  2 weaboo 5 me amg......... = ////// =

• Upvote 1

i pose a theory what if the bastard performing the dos, is doing it in service to an alliance or clan that is trying to take a dark sector tower. if nobody can get into the game, then nobody can adjust battle pay manage rails or attack/defend towers. would be pretty beneficial to a tower in the lead with only a few hours remaining, also curios that all this started when dark sectors came online. remember that players are not above minipulating the game to get what they want, (remember the gravadus invasion hack anybody?)

• Upvote 1

Why would someone do a DDOS attack on us? We're just a F2P game. It's not like that can get our money, only annoy everyone.

And now I feel silly, thinking it was a problem on my computer and uninstalling the game to reinstall it...

Darn it... I lost a 45 min survival run to a DDoS attack? Lame attackers are lame...

"Oh, they are interesting. All kinds of hacking are interesting.

The strange thing about DDOS attacks is that (mostly), attacker isn't interested in stealing or manipulating information.... These DOS attacks are only launched to do harm. I can hardly think of a way the attacker could profit from the attack."

Some DDOSers will keep the attack up until the target pays them a fee to cease, normally when this happens it's not made public as companies wouldn't want the knowledge public so as not to encourage additional parties to do the same.

That's probably not what's going on here, but it does happen.

You need this

TTadderWaterWig3.jpg

via Hydroid

EDIT: This was my 300th post lol...... *sigh*

Edited by 7.T.

Bah! Just finally got some Argon after many dry tower runs then it failed to save. Save us, white-hats!

Good luck with the fixes

>People claiming that the community itself did this.

I think it's highly unlikely considering the majority of the community isn't even toxic. There's like that last 10% that have a stick up their &#!, sure, but I think they'd have enough common sense not to do stupid S#&$ like this.

And even if it were players of the community doing this, what would they actually gain from this? The Dark Sector theory is kind of ridiculous because at the end of the day, DE can't really do anything to help a specific clan win a conflict. Like, you mean to tell me that you're going to hack the company that made the game in hopes of them rigging the conflict in your favor? pls.

At the end of the day, I find comfort in the attacker obviously being some troubled white boy with a stick up his &#! cause he has daddy issues. 

• Upvote 4

The question would be not "why" but "what does it cause"

So it must be one of the Alliances trying to prevent their loss of a rail.

People can't play = No damage to rails.

If U13 would suck, we had that right after the patch or that useless MMOvote, not some days later WHILE CONFLICTS are running.

Am I the only one not giving a D@mn about the MMOVote thing, which proves nothing?

Edited by Sypheal

maybe just maybe

they are trying to sync the pc and ps4 versions of warframe and using the downtime ddos and hamsters as an excuse.

just a thought