[DE]Rebecca

4/15/2014 Connectivity Issues

The entire purpose of DDoS is to prevent a specific server from working. Essentially, people are cockblocking the entire community from playing.

On a side note, I just started calling this Attack on DDoS.  2 weaboo 5 me amg......... = ////// =

Granted DDoS can be categorized as an attack, and its target is Warframe

Analogy is DDos on Warframe, right?

+1 weeaboo

as long as i can get back online in the next 24 hours. i have a 50% off daily reward thing. was gonna buy some plat but im not doing that till i can log in

I doubt its the people who lost the mmobomb F2P poll, i think its someone or some clan that is upset that they couldn't gain control of a dark sector.

Totally  agree with this but who? its either a Clan/Alliance loosing there Rails or  previously  lost a rail i doubt highly its mmo bomb or any U13 related  faults  such as previously secure files being left open to manipulation DDos has always been the answer to sore  losers  and lame as gamers with gripes its very  rarely  planned more of a gut reaction to a ban or a huge lose i do hope DE if this is found to be  in fact correct and a culprit can be found.

DE WILL TOTALLY BAN THE ENTIRE ALLIANCE/CLAN MEMBER LIST PERMENANTLY ALSO CONTACT EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THERE PROVIDERS AS THEY ARE UNDOUBTABLY IN TOTAL VIOLATION OF THERE PROVIDERS TOC WHICH COULD ACTUALLY HAVE THEM ALL HAVING TO FIND A NEW PROVIDER OR HAVING SERIOUSLY LIMITED NETWORK ACCESS.

• Upvote 1

The question would be not "why" but "what does it cause"

So it must be one of the Alliances trying to prevent their loss of a rail.

People can't play = No damage to rails.

If U13 would suck, we had that right after the patch or that useless MMOvote, not some days later WHILE CONFLICTS are running.

People are so salted about losing a @(*()$ rail that they'll do S#&$ like this?

Keep it up and you guys might get as desperate as the LoL community. DDoS'd five times in the past week from the saltiest of the salted.

>People claiming that the community itself did this.

I think it's highly unlikely considering the majority of the community isn't even toxic. There's like that last 10% that have a stick up their &#!, sure, but I think they'd have enough common sense not to do stupid S#&$ like this.

And even if it were players of the community doing this, what would they actually gain from this? The Dark Sector theory is kind of ridiculous because at the end of the day, DE can't really do anything to help a specific clan win a conflict. Like, you mean to tell me that you're going to hack the company that made the game in hopes of them rigging the conflict in your favor? pls.

At the end of the day, I find comfort in the attacker obviously being some troubled white boy with a stick up his &#! cause he has daddy issues. 

The general theory for this here is that some clan barely got the upper hand and intends to keep it through this.

I can't really see anyone going to these lengths for a Dark Sector node.

Having control of 'em seems utterly pointless at the time.

The theory that it is someone upset with how the votes came out on MMOBOMB got something to it.

However all in all there's no sense in pointing fingers. We all most likely can't possibly know who it is and for what reasons that individual/group does this.

One thing is most likely: It's not a simple script-kiddie, as those can be tracked quite easily in comparison to hackers. And if they ever get a hold of whoever is at fault, those can find themselves at the next jail of convinience.

I really like you. Can you pls be mah senpai?????????////////////

Sure thing, Pal. I like ya too. 

tumblr_lob8zoZW781qkkqdz.gif

• Upvote 1

I think it's highly unlikely considering the majority of the community isn't even toxic. There's like that last 10% that have a stick up their &#!, sure, but I think they'd have enough common sense not to do stupid S#&$ like this.

And even if it were players of the community doing this, what would they actually gain from this? The Dark Sector theory is kind of ridiculous because at the end of the day, DE can't really do anything to help a specific clan win a conflict. Like, you mean to tell me that you're going to hack the company that made the game in hopes of them rigging the conflict in your favor? pls.

We remember someone of the community trying to hack on the Gradivus Dilemma to throw around some nodes. Just saying.

And if doing this, then it is not about to gain anything. The sole reason is just to be mean and see things go down in flames. There needs to be no reason. Some people simply enjoy harassing others, no matter what.

The possibility is there. The only question remains if it is true or not. We might never know.

Though I do not need any culprit on the speculation list, I do not ride blame trains. The only thing that matters to me is; "Game is unvailable, check again later when an official statement is made and trying not to flood login servers to crush a bottleneck that breaks everything again."

I don't care who caused the problem, because this is essentially not my job to figure it out and protect the servers against it and neither do I need a scapegoat.

Edit: about the entire clan / Alliance thing; they only need to rollback the servertimes and all this so called effort was for naught. *chuckles*

Edited by Khunvyel

The problem is you can't read. (Or write English, apparently).

I never stated or implied that DE couldn't change their own software, you dolt. The point was an outside party from DE couldn't hijack the Launcher or trick it into downloading a fake update, as you implied in your original post.

Well then that makes you a dolt; because u have hijacked argument about something else. It was never about hijacking launcher... next time read all posts relating to it.

Edited by CyklonDX
  • Upvote 1

People are so salted about losing a @(*()$ rail that they'll do S#&$ like this?

Keep it up and you guys might get as desperate as the LoL community. DDoS'd five times in the past week from the saltiest of the salted.

As far as I know some rails vanished (lost a conflict) today morning.

It would be easy to figure out when the DDoS started and what happened during the game.

Let's match those timelines together and maybe we'll get the people or in fact the Alliance responsible for this.

And yes, people do stupid stuff like that.

Edited by Sypheal
  • Upvote 1

I wonder how much DE and the entire community could get in damages from these DDOS blackheads.  They are effectively shutting down a business.

My horribly ignorant idea: Get a Lawyer to subpoena duces tecum the Internet telecomm company that the specific IPs are located from.  Then take everything these bastards have.

• Upvote 1

But we cant wank our weapons and stuff cause of the DDOS attack

Last I heard aboot wankin' weapons was Prime Time #24. Good times...

• Upvote 1

Just lost 2 Delta Beacons (haven't got a single one since Saturday), so I was quite angry to lose them out due to this DDOS bullcrap. Is there any way we can get those compensated? No, I didn't take a screenshot, since I obviously didn't know about the DDOS beforehand.

guess i'll go afk for a while...

edit: i'm sad that joffrey died T_T

I waited for his painfull death agony this entire time, w00000tttttttttt             ^,..,^

>People claiming that the community itself did this.

At the end of the day, I find comfort in the attacker obviously being some troubled white boy with a stick up his &#! cause he has daddy issues. 

dark sectors are on timers, nobody said anything about DE favoring or helping a clan, a player knocks down the server so his alliance wins the conflict, its that simple, its been done before, it will be done again. but hey belive what you wnat to, whatever makes you sleep better at night. we will never really know and DE wont tell us, i personally just find it very very very hard to believe that its a butt hurt mmo bomb viewer.

i play all three games, smite are to busy MOBAing it up to really care about warframe, and mabi players though they are extremely passionate about there MMO, most mabi players don't even acknowledge that other games exist beyond mabi, there just that devoted, hell most don't even play mabi anymore there there for the socialization.

SCREEEEEEEEEEEEW DDoS !!!!

who are this fucktards anywy !?!?! 

they attacked like 4 games i played now in the last 8 months ...

funny thing not even one EA or Activision(if they even have anything beside CoD) got attacked ...

As far as i know , steam (as you mentioned cod) and origin (ea´s plattform) got attacked more than twice in the last 4 months .