Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unexploding Extractors

Llyssa

So, while we're busy suffering some script kiddy's DDOS attack, and some of us are really upset about boosters(which they already said that we're going to get fixes for), I was hoping that we can also get some extractor repair/replacements.

I know that may seem odd, but if the game is still running fine(which, it is, we just can't reach it), our extractors are busy crashing into things, taking damage, and ultimately exploding while we wait for this to be resolved.

I think it would be really nice if they were spared the damage that has come to them since this BS started, so that responsible players aren't penalized for something beyond everyone's control.

It's not the most dire of things, but I know some of them cost oxium to make, and not everyone can just eat the price of rebuilding them.

once the extractor hits its finished collection state its already taken all the damage its going to unless you collect the materials but leave it out to collect more extractors only take a random amount of damage at the time of collection completion so there is no need to worry

I though extractors didn't take damage after their cycles were done. I mean, I never had a single extractor explode, even when I stopped playing for two days... am I mistaken?

The extractors don't take any damage once they're at 100%.

Your extractor will never explode in one deployement.

You can heal your extractors by undeploying them. So always have a spare one to switch off each turn.

Edited by KingTaro

I know that may seem odd, but if the game is still running fine(which, it is, we just can't reach it), our extractors are busy crashing into things, taking damage, and ultimately exploding while we wait for this to be resolved.

Untrue.

Extractors stop taking damage when they're "full".

You'll only ever manage to destroy an extractor if you deliberately deploy one at low health.

Okay, I'm not sure what changes have been made to the system, but my personal experience with them:

-I've had them explode.

-Ones I've had exploded were at max, but uncollected.

-Damage is dealt randomly while they're deployed, and is independent of capacity being filled or unfilled.

-A single deployment can be fatal if not watched.

Thus, it's always wise to swap them out ASAP if they take any damage, after collection if possible, or before collection if dire(33% or less health remaining).

This may not be up-to-the-minute information on them, but with several thousand deployment+collection cycles under my belt, this is what appears to be true.

The extractors don't take any damage once they're at 100%.

Your extractor will never explode in one deployement.

You can heal your extractors by undeploying them. So always have a spare one to switch off each turn.

This, I always have double the number of total extractors I can deploy, and rotate them out anytime one takes damage on a deployment, I've only ever had to rotate the full crew once.

Okay, I'm not sure what changes have been made to the system, but my personal experience with them:

-I've had them explode.

-Ones I've had exploded were at max, but uncollected.

-Damage is dealt randomly while they're deployed, and is independent of capacity being filled or unfilled.

-A single deployment can be fatal if not watched.

Thus, it's always wise to swap them out ASAP if they take any damage, after collection if possible, or before collection if dire(33% or less health remaining).

This may not be up-to-the-minute information on them, but with several thousand deployment+collection cycles under my belt, this is what appears to be true.

I left an extractor at 100% collection and 26% HP for a week just to see if it would die.  It did not.  Once the cycle ends, they are no longer counted as being "in deployment."  I think they used to maybe take damage past 100%, but not anymore.

Fortunately it's not true at all. Like others have said, once they reach 100% they don't take anymore damage, and it's been like that since their release AFAIK.