Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Badlands And End-Game

Longhorns

DE stated that Badlands would be "end-game" content for veteran players.

There is nothing about Badlands or these Dark Sectors that provide any sort of challenge to veteran players or suggest it was meant as end-game.  You start off by fighting low-level infested mobs that later become higher level, like any other Defense or Survival mission.

I see more rank 1-2 players than rank 10-15 players in these Sectors.  Most, if not all, players go only for the EXP and resource bonuses...when they are not in conflict, otherwise most people just ignore it.

Ask yourselves DE, why would a rank 15 have reason to go to the Dark Sectors if not for the challenge?  I was under the impression, since DE said it themselves, that these areas would be higher risk but better rewards.

For a while now, many veteran players have asked for the option to start missions with higher level mobs.  No one enjoys sitting through a 2 hour survival so they feel challenged, its a waste of time.  I repeat, OPTION, meaning if you don't want higher level mobs you can opt out.

If you think it will be too hard for new players, then too bad.  Unless I am mistaken, DE stated that Badlands would be "end-game" content for veteran players.

Dark Sectors are still in the works. Expect adjustments later on. As a mastery rank 10, I admit, they did bring me back to the game. I find them enjoyable. While there is no difference between the mission and an ODD/ODS, it does bring in the clan factor. There is more endgame content coming, from what I've heard (correct me if I'm wrong, DE).

Do not forget Warframe is still in open beta technically, and many improvements are probably on the way. 

THAT BEING SAID, DE works very hard, and it will take a while to perfect their game. Remember: Warframe originates from a concept that was released ~10 years ago. Some ideas are still in the works and need to be toyed with.

Be patient, Tenno. Great things will come.

Because "End Game" isn't real.

These games don't end.

You want to know what to play for? Fun.

Play for fun, and you suddenly won't care about "end game" anymore.

You're assuming people don't play for fun.  What other reason would there be to play a video game?

It's because I enjoy playing Warframe that I bother to even play at all.  Is it wrong of me to want a mission that is challenging, especially since that is what DE_Steve said in live streams?

Holding a territory, maintaining it, protecting it is the end game. The infested maps are just the bribes they can give to those they need to manipulate into helping them.

Could use more improvement, but it's good groundwork.

I'm rank 16.

What else can I do?

Get a group of like minded individuals and show everyone else that we're better of course! Rule your empire and destroy all those who oppose you. Teach them that cur cannot and should not even dream of controlling their own bladders let alone a solar rail.

Edited by _Rue_

Very good question, I myself am a rank 15 and I haven't found much reason to play these, not even reasons to defend my alliance rail.

Not even sure if these are end game features, or simple placeholders to be furthermore enhanced.

But I'm pretty sure these are not end game, or else they wouldn't be scattered all over the star chart, and accessible to all mastery level players.

So we are left with the big question of what are these for? And whats the purpose of this addition?

Dark Sectors are still in the works. Expect adjustments later on. As a mastery rank 10, I admit, they did bring me back to the game. I find them enjoyable. While there is no difference between the mission and an ODD/ODS, it does bring in the clan factor. There is more endgame content coming, from what I've heard (correct me if I'm wrong, DE).

Do not forget Warframe is still in open beta technically, and many improvements are probably on the way. 

THAT BEING SAID, DE works very hard, and it will take a while to perfect their game. Remember: Warframe originates from a concept that was released ~10 years ago. Some ideas are still in the works and need to be toyed with.

Be patient, Tenno. Great things will come.

But we've been waiting for those great things and it's just been a bunch of blah tacked onto more blah.

This is why this game needs test servers. Restrict it to Founders, that'd be fine. Just SOME form of player feedback so that it doesn't get released to the public half-baked. Nay, not even half baked. We're being fed raw cookie dough, and to be honest it isn't that tasty.

Then again I suppose PC players are the testers for the PS4 version. Welp.

Badlands are just ODD and ODS without the key wall, with different rewards and some bonuses. They are nothing like end-game supposed to be, just one more place to grind.

In a game where the starting content is grinding, the middle content is grinding what do you think the endgame is going to be?

Warframe *is* a grinding game and that's all it ever has been. The highest level place in the game is "endgame" and therefore endgame content even if it's "just another place to grind"

P.S. pretty much every game is just a grind, it's a matter of how enjoyable the grind is.

Dark sectors I think is a proof of concept. Because its not end game. Its tiered per planet so anyone can try them.

Dark sector rails should be what Badlands attach too.

Rails being the actual freeway to a new 'planet" hub. for ender games. So you basically start at the beginning again Tier 1 planets link to Tier 4. 2 to 5, and 3 to 6.

The rail owners get a small% from every bad land owner thats attached to the rail.The actual badlands being lvl 50-100

Dark sectors I think is a proof of concept. Because its not end game. Its tiered per planet so anyone can try them.

Dark sector rails should be what Badlands attach too.

Rails being the actual freeway to a new 'planet" hub. for ender games. So you basically start at the beginning again Tier 1 planets link to Tier 4. 2 to 5, and 3 to 6.

The rail owners get a small% from every bad land owner thats attached to the rail.The actual badlands being lvl 50-100

Yes, but when DE_Steve personally says, during a live stream, "these will be end game areas", "high risk with good rewards", I was expecting I dunno...end game areas with high risk and good rewards. 

Is this what we can expect from future "end-game" content?  Watered down versions of things?

If they made it so the fight wasn't on the number of missions completed, but yet the length of survival you run or the higher the wave of defense would create a greater scoring run, it would feel like a better "challenge" for control.

Aside from that, I agree. Just repackaging the same mission types in a new tileset is what this feels like. I would love more end game missions or just harder challenge modes. Like someone mentioned before, make it an option. "Turn Hard-Mode on"

Holding a territory, maintaining it, protecting it is the end game. The infested maps are just the bribes they can give to those they need to manipulate into helping them.

Could use more improvement, but it's good groundwork.

I'm rank 16.

What else can I do?

Get a group of like minded individuals and show everyone else that we're better of course! Rule your empire and destroy all those who oppose you. Teach them that cur cannot and should not even dream of controlling their own bladders let alone a solar rail.

There's no such thing as challenge in these type of games, unless you count artificial challenge (add a zero behind the number of any stat of anything). The base of the game is run and gun and press X to awesome against bots, how will it ever be challenging?

The only thing remotely challenging is weekly contests on certain nodes on forced same weapons and frames and mod (provided by DE for the run only) with certain handicaps and see who has better skill.

So does endgame. Other MMOs endgame would be running around minmaxing stuffs, getting the best stuffs statistically . We don't have that to such extend.