Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, About Solar Rails And 0 Taxes..

RealmDestroyer

Uhhh.

So. The zero tax Solar Rails are getting attacked by people who want to put zero taxes, locking the territory from its sweet loot and exp, and credits for 48 hours.

Every time it is no longer in a fight, some ego-filled clan/alliance wants to go ahead and push the attack and deploy button.

Okay.

Is this a blatant humungous ego thing, or are people really this power hungry? IS this even politics?

Is it a title? I just cannot understand why people are doing this for literally no reason, other than to have their clan/alliance's name on the Dark Sector.

If they raise the taxes, even just ooooooone percent... then, "OH BOY, LET'S ALL GET OUR RAILS OUT THERE IMMEDIATELY AND MAKE THEM 0% AGAIN, MAN YOUR BATTLESTATIONS."

It's just wasting time for the mission.

Edited by RealmDestroyer

Uhhh.

So. The zero tax Solar Rails are getting attacked by people who want to put zero taxes, locking the territory from its sweet loot and exp, and credits for 48 hours.

Every time it is no longer in a fight, some ego-filled clan/alliance wants to go ahead and push the attack and deploy button.

Okay.

Is this a blatant humungous ego thing, or are people really this power hungry? IS this even politics?

Is it a title? I just cannot understand why people are doing this for literally no reason, other than to have their clan/alliance's name on the Dark Sector.

If they raise the taxes, even just ooooooone percent... then, "OH BOY, LET'S ALL GET OUR RAILS OUT THERE IMMEDIATELY AND MAKE THEM 0% AGAIN, MAN YOUR BATTLESTATIONS."

You're wasting time making this thread. The whole point of Dark Sectors was for clans/alliances to compete with each other. No, these alliances aren't contesting for ego. They're playing the game the way it was meant to be played, and people like you need to get on board. The problem is that these nodes are the same as the permanent infested nodes, which I at least wasn't aware would be the case. DE needs to move the infested somewhere else, and set up a permanent Dark Sector invasion node in its place. Not going into my suggestions, but I've already suggested a solution to this.

It just seems like there is no incentive to put a tax on anything. DE should make it so 0% tax rails would take more damage. (Not necessary this but just a damn reason for a tax.) Also there needs to be a longer grace period where a clan/alliance cannot challenge another rail. 

You're wasting time making this thread. The whole point of Dark Sectors was for clans/alliances to compete with each other. No, these alliances aren't contesting for ego. They're playing the game the way it was meant to be played, and people like you need to get on board. The problem is that these nodes are the same as the permanent infested nodes, which I at least wasn't aware would be the case. DE needs to move the infested somewhere else, and set up a permanent Dark Sector invasion node in its place. Not going into my suggestions, but I've already suggested a solution to this.

You see, nobody wants to really do the contest mission because they are the absolute most crappy mission in exsistence (sorry for bashing on DE but these missions give nothing)

What he hell is the point of destroying an SR w/ 0% taxes when all you want to do is use 0 taxes yourself?

It's.... so incon..sequential....

It is human nature to war. We, as a species, have never needed a reason. If you don't agree with it, that's fine. But don't pretend that you can convince us to join hands and sing Kumbaya together around a big bonfire of dead Corpus Moas and Grineer slugheads. It just ain't gonna happen.

And I'd like tax free rails as much as the next person, but tax free is not sustainable. You'll win out control of a rail by giving better battle pay, but you can't give better battle pay without a war chest. It's the simplest and oldest rule of war; if you can't compel your soldiers to fight a war, you can't fight a war. Period.

Let me explain why zero tax solar towers are a poor idea, and why taxed towers are good for the warframe economy that has now become more open.

1. You have Alliance A and Alliance B

2. Alliance A has a battle pay of 500 and Alliance B has a battle pay of 100

3. Alliance A wins and has payed out ( lets just say ) 500 billion credits to players

4a - Now they put a zero tax on it - they will receive NO revenue from the dark sector NOR will the next battle pay they give out if they are contested be any higher then their original battle pay

4b - they set the tax to something say only 100 credits to go there ~ that's not much but they will soon earn more money then they gave out in battle pay

5. Alliance A is contested - and Alliance C wants to take the tower - Well Alliance A made back their money from the taxes so now instead of giving out only 500 for battle pay - they now give out 1,000

- You pay a tax to go there BUT you are payed back by supporting the Alliance when they are contested though battlepay

0 tax Alliances will be snuffed out of the galaxy for sure for more economic alliances who know a small fee can go further

Edited by tactical_surgeon

The problem is that these nodes are the same as the permanent infested nodes, which I at least wasn't aware would be the case. DE needs to move the infested somewhere else, and set up a permanent Dark Sector invasion node in its place. Not going into my suggestions, but I've already suggested a solution to this.

Indeed. Why implement sectors with bonuses for playing them, IF WE WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO PLAY THEM? Derp...

Uh, I coulda sworn that Clan Battles were HALF of the design behind Dark Sectors.

The other half is almost completely inaccessible right now because of all the wang-waving going on right now.

And yes, it is just that: Ego.

Pure Unadulerated Ego.

They want their clan emblem to show up on the map. That's just plain and simple what it is. They're not fighting each other for money, they're not trying to be the clan in control to reap the rewards (when the tax is 0% there are no rewards, derp), none of that is going on.

The people who contest 0% with 0% of their own; They're just trolls locking people out of the zone on purpose.

Herp derp.

Let's all have 0% taxes !

Constant warfare is good :)

I would have to wonder, if this is truly what DE had in mind when they created the system, that everybody would set up Tax-Free zones, and contest them with their own Tax-Free promises.

I bet Steve and Scott are sipping at their coffee going "WTF, dude, this is just nuts. These guys are not making any sense whatsoever."

The whole thing reminds me of school children at recess having a verbal hissy-fit at each other, while getting nowhere, regardless of who "won".

Edited by Xylia

Competition and Conflict... you guys keep making these threads and I'll keep padding my post count with the same reply over and over. Millions of Tenno didn't get the lab and build a rail to not fight for a spot and have a chance to plant their name.

Might be hard for you to understand, but in THIS case... it ain't about the money

Competition and Conflict... you guys keep making these threads and I'll keep padding my post count with the same reply over and over. Millions of Tenno didn't get the lab and build a rail to not fight for a spot and have a chance to plant their name.

Might be hard for you to understand, but in THIS case... it ain't about the money

Hey if you guys wanna wave wangs around, be my guest.

But I WOULD like to actually PLAY a Dark Sector node, yanno. Do I care about who's emblem I see on the screen? Heck no. I just wanna play the mission a few times to oo and ahh over it.

That's not so hard to understand, is it?

So naturally, I get tired of the clans who think they have something to prove. Again, it makes you look like schoolchildren at recess.

Hey if you guys wanna wave wangs around, be my guest.

But I WOULD like to actually PLAY a Dark Sector node, yanno. Do I care about who's emblem I see on the screen? Heck no. I just wanna play the mission a few times to oo and ahh over it.

That's not so hard to understand, is it?

So naturally, I get tired of the clans who think they have something to prove. Again, it makes you look like schoolchildren at recess.

Who is actually doing the crying... them, or you? Dem boyz be busy waging war

Who is actually doing the crying... them, or you? Dem boyz be busy waging war

*rolls eyes*

I know that tough talk makes you feel good and all, but in reality, it looks/sounds kinda stupid.

And I'm not crying, I'm merely noting how these clans that are waging the "0% vs 0%" war look like idiots. I'm not crying, I'm more laughing at the stupidity of it.

No, you guys are making countless posts begging ppl to not attack you for the greater good, TAU style. Guess what? We don't all play the same way.

If the players don't wanna fight for them, DE will force it. I suggest we leave it in our hands and not theirs

Edited by Kartumterek

No, you guys are making countless posts begging ppl to not attack you for the greater good, TAU style. Guess what? We don't all play the same way.

If the players don't wanna fight for them, DE will force it. I suggest we leave it in our hands and not theirs

Pfft.

You want me to do missions? Then pay me something worthy of my time.

Until then, I'm just going to say "screw that" and not bother, and do something that IS worth my time.

When I checked last night, the BEST payout was 2,000 credits.

2,000 credits? I'd rather run a Venus sabotage; I might get a Stance Mod, and I'd likely get 3 times that much, what, with all of the lockers to open.

Nah, I'll just let the little petty grudge matches time-out and play the Dark Sectors when they're available. When they're not available, they just don't exist to me.

Edited by Xylia

Uhhh.

Okay.

wait so, DE gave Warframe competitive feature and you like "please people. don't be competitive!"

I would have to wonder, if this is truly what DE had in mind when they created the system, that everybody would set up Tax-Free zones, and contest them with their own Tax-Free promises.

I bet Steve and Scott are sipping at their coffee going "WTF, dude, this is just nuts. These guys are not making any sense whatsoever."

The whole thing reminds me of school children at recess having a verbal hissy-fit at each other, while getting nowhere, regardless of who "won".

I think it was just as planned by them :p

2DI3AYq.jpg