Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, About Solar Rails And 0 Taxes..

RealmDestroyer

wait so, DE gave Warframe competitive feature and you like "please people. don't be competitive!"

Competition usually has some sort of reward attached to being the winner.

A 0% vs 0% literally has zero reward whatsoever. The winning clan wins nothing.

That's why we're scratching our heads. There's a 0% tax already on the node, then someone deploys a solar rail and plans to do 0% as well.... uh......why? What do you gain out of doing that? Seriously.

Competition usually has some sort of reward attached to being the winner.

A 0% vs 0% literally has zero reward whatsoever. The winning clan wins nothing.

That's why we're scratching our heads. There's a 0% tax already on the node, then someone deploys a solar rail and plans to do 0% as well.... uh......why? What do you gain out of doing that? Seriously.

Pride and Ego.

26 nodes.

Thousands of clans.

Even that 1 thousand Clans are going all Tau and for the greater good, you are not convincing the other 2000 Clans over there.

Pride and Ego.

Pride and Ego? Give me a break. *rolls eyes* The only evidence/thing to show off is a tiny emblem on a singular node on the star map that shows your clan's logo. oooo. That's worth locking everybody out of the Dark Sector for 48h, amirite?

26 nodes.

Thousands of clans.

Uh, what's your point here? You are trying to make a point, right?

Even that 1 thousand Clans are going all Tau and for the greater good, you are not convincing the other 2000 Clans over there.

Nobody can claim "for the greater good" when you contest a 0% tax with your own 0% tax. It just makes you look like a tool.

Every single clan that is contesting 0% with their own 0%, I am writing down clan names and people and when I see them I'll be like "yup, that was one of those clans that has a bunch of tools in them".

As it is right now, there is no reason for me to defend the rails, aside from keeping my credit taxing free zone. It's just a tedious task that I have to do two thirds of the time I'm bothering with dark sectors. Meanwhile, since I'm going to the dark sectors for resources and exp, I won't feel any different about finishing because my purpose was not to gain credits. The whole alliance is also struggling to even fund the whole operation.

Instead, if there was a tax of...1000 credits? (Merely exploratory.) I'd get 10000 from the mission, pay 1000 from tax, and I'd be happy, because I got what I came for and didn't lose anything. Then, when it's wartime, and I'm looking for credits, I'll run the missions for the pay, and I'll still be happy, because I got immediate, obvious benefits for doing it. Meanwhile, the alliance is making money. See where I'm going with this?

Certainly, I may gain no credits in the end, maybe even lose them, but everyone leaves happier. When I play a game, I come not to have the most cash, but to have a good time. And let me tell you, those 5000 credits I lost from the whole thing were worth it. Heck, I'd pay 50,000 to not have to go through useless feeling missions all the time, and I wouldn't even know it.

Edited by G33ke

What kills me about this whole situation is this... brand new content, first part of endgame. Everybody and their brother has been WAITING for this to come out. It gets deployed, and the entire playerbase is not going to participate because the first 26 clans are pious, benevolent organizations intent on spreading goodwill and Christmas cheer throughout the galaxy?

Really? I understand this is the age of no bullying and let's all get along and we are all winners... but don't we massacre mobs for a living in this game? And each other (granted, limited scale but still) thousands and thousands of already made towers are never gonna see the light of day thanks to the first 26?

Really?

What kills me about this whole situation is this... brand new content, first part of endgame. Everybody and their brother has been WAITING for this to come out. It gets deployed, and the entire playerbase is not going to participate because the first 26 clans are pious, benevolent organizations intent on spreading goodwill and Christmas cheer throughout the galaxy?

Really? I understand this is the age of no bullying and let's all get along and we are all winners... but don't we massacre mobs for a living in this game? And each other (granted, limited scale but still) thousands and thousands of already made towers are never gonna see the light of day thanks to the first 26?

Really?

What I expected to happen, was that people wouldn't set 0% taxes, because yanno, we expected people to go "Hmmm, we put this hard work into doing the research, making the rail, we were first. Why don't we put down a 10% tax?"

And then maybe Clan B goes "Hmm, if we offer 8% tax, we might get enough people to fight for us to take over their solar rail."

Then the first clan goes "We don't want to lose this, c'mon help us!" and offer more battlepay.

THAT would at least make sense!

This 0% vs 0% is just silly and stupid. It is quite literally a playground recess spat between two little kids who think they have something to prove, but it doesn't matter who wins: they're both idiots.

It is human nature to war. We, as a species, have never needed a reason. If you don't agree with it, that's fine. But don't pretend that you can convince us to join hands and sing Kumbaya together around a big bonfire of dead Corpus Moas and Grineer slugheads. It just ain't gonna happen.

And I'd like tax free rails as much as the next person, but tax free is not sustainable. You'll win out control of a rail by giving better battle pay, but you can't give better battle pay without a war chest. It's the simplest and oldest rule of war; if you can't compel your soldiers to fight a war, you can't fight a war. Period.

I like how the posts that pretty much sum up the entire thread are usually ignored. Do people really enjoy arguing so much?

that is true maybe there should be clan type requirements per node / per planet.

ex. Ghost Clans can take first few planets

and moon clans can take last planets on starchart.

other solution:

Make more nodes of such dark sectors off the solar map chart where clans can compete. (Inside their dojo's) size of dojo is giving higher lvl enemies, and higher amount of clan's men will provide more resouces, and possibility of session of 8 players on both teams. Both teams should have tenno specters

Pride and Ego? Give me a break. *rolls eyes* The only evidence/thing to show off is a tiny emblem on a singular node on the star map that shows your clan's logo. oooo. That's worth locking everybody out of the Dark Sector for 48h, amirite?

Uh, what's your point here? You are trying to make a point, right?

Nobody can claim "for the greater good" when you contest a 0% tax with your own 0% tax. It just makes you look like a tool.

Every single clan that is contesting 0% with their own 0%, I am writing down clan names and people and when I see them I'll be like "yup, that was one of those clans that has a bunch of tools in them".

Actually this is what everyone expects, even DE.

Dark Sectors are meant to be constantly harassed with almost no up time.

Since everyone and their dog is offering 0% tax rails, the only motivation is just a tiny badge in the solar map. 

And there are thousands of rails that have being built and have not seen the light of the day.

Since they are already built, but not use yet, while not just toss them into the grinder and hope you get recognition for 48 hours and maybe another 24 hours if successful ?  :p

In fact I fully encourage everyone to do so, so the Dark sectors remain even further locked !

What he hell is the point of destroying an SR w/ 0% taxes when all you want to do is use 0 taxes yourself?

It's.... so incon..sequential....

because someone who wants to tax can take it without the opposition being able to retaliate due to having no income.

I'm in a one man clan, I've built my solar rail and I am ready to deploy. I may need to find a kindred soul to make an alliance with and deploy my rail. Who am I going to attack?

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! LEEEEEROY JENKINS! (At least I got chicken)

BTW in a one man clan cause I like having my own Dojo, and its a multiplayer game. I like to pug cause that's kinda the point in a multiplayer game? Now excuse me while I prepare for battle

set up a permanent Dark Sector invasion node in its place. Not going into my suggestions, but I've already suggested a solution to this.

Ew no.

I don't think most players give a crap about the battle pay being offered on conflicted dark sectors. If I wanted a bunch of credits I'd run the near-constant 10k+ credit alerts and/or run through a none contested dark sector. 

Now, I do not mind or care about a rail tax. As long as I'm not shown the amount of credits that are getting taken out by the tax I have no problem with it. Out of sight, out of mind.