Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Camera Shakes With Melee Hits! How's That?

(NSW)Erudin

I'm not sure if this post belongs here, but... well. It's Arts & Animations, probably.

Alright, to the point. I remember having screen shakes with each hits back in Melee 1.0; Gram smashing the ground and shaking my screen, Dual Ethers slicing and slightly shaking my screen. It added much more... well, "hitting" feeling.

But I do know that it was a bit too much(Yeah, it felt as if I was swinging the camera instead of swinging gram). How about if we get some kind of a slight screen shake with each hit? If any of you have played the Witcher 2, there's a slight screen shake every time when hitting an enemy with a sword; and that was quite amazing, and actually felt like I was hitting something.

It's not that uncommon for games to have slight screen shakes when hitting an enemy with a melee weapon. Well, there are some stances that give screen shakes at the end of the combo(Swirling tigers Stance's combo ends with a boom), but that really isn't enough. If any of you agree, or if DE sees this and considers this idea, it would be quite awesome! 

Actually, if they had the shaking camera from melee it would make people have headaches. Probably not the reason they don't have them there but it could cause headaches. 

Well... I didn't really mean the crazy camera shake; not exactly the old camera shake with heavy weapons that shook the whole screen like crazy. I meant very slight camera shakes.