Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banshee Needs Some Changes

Hallowieners

She's pretty under powered, and not very fun to use right now (in my opinion). Only skill that's really useful is her sonar.

Her sonic boom blast, although knocks enemies down, is somewhat short, and the arc is too low. I would suggest extending the range of it to be much farther, and if the "wave" it emits hits a wall, it bounces back.

Her silence, I recall somewhere in the live stream being used for stealth, but stealth isn't just here in this game yet. I don't know what to make of this other than I never use it.

Her ultimate is somewhere along the lines of Frost's, or even worse. She's standing still, vulnerable to all sorts of damage while producing mediocre damage, being blast, it's also very inefficient against grineer. This is also a terrible crowd control since enemies outside the range will still be able to shoot you while you're casting. Rhino does not have this problem with his stomp, able to instantly suspend surrounding enemies in mid-air, while not having to stand still casting for 5 seconds.

I think it would be a good idea if banshee just produces one ring of a really high pitch noise that quickly expands around her, followed by the ultrasonic reverberation that basically causes everything to explode where the initial high pitch ring has reached. The ring could be effected by walls, so the more closed in the area is, the more damage she does.

I don't know anything about how sound works, but I found these ideas to be cool nonetheless.

Edited by DesuEx

banshee is way long overdue for a look at

there have been countless threads and posts asking for all the same things and more

she (and ash) was the highest voted for overhaul on the poll

instead rhino got a prime that has super speed and a golden skin

while frost had his avalanche and even his shoulders nerfed into the ground 

maybe we should be happy banshee wasnt nerfed in retrospect..

Banshee, ash and saryan get neglected, quite a bit by players trash talking about them.

Ash's ultra is fun but as powerful as rhino, nova ect.

I prefer warframe like ash and banshee to be used at the right time then rather spamming their powers like nova for example.

Saryan is an old warframe but she deserves to get buffed as well being use in speed and damage (which is her role) that need to buffed to keep with the other powerful warframe.

Edited by Ibro156

Not really, most of the player thrast talk is directed towards Nova and sometimes Rhinp Prime, as well as the new frame that comes in every patch who has to endure the harships of players too dump to understand that not all frames work for every situation and that not all frames ar designed to press 4 to win.

Havent Heard people complain about Banshee, Saryn or Ash in ages.

I been playing banshee for awhile .....

Sonic Boom: good knockdown and stun doesnt kill but thats not its job

Sonar: Epic for higher teir stuff still fun. If i combined Sonar And sonic Boom ..its even better :) powers that hit the spots get damage :)

Silence: no use tilll Stealth 1.0

THE ULT:  VERY USEFULL.   I have such a huge radious on mine that there is no chance for the enemy to shoot me ...even if they kill me just before it goes off *it will goo off when i drop 80% of the time* My team can just pick me up while the enemy is stunned into the ground.

So far I havent done T3's or late T2's but anything below that my ult rips thruogh everything atm ..350-500 damage a tick  and i think the my ult atm lasts for 8 seconds

I can spam alot of Booms aswell and am just using a caster build ........Range. power cost reduction and strength   no duration yet .

but i use my abilites rarely and only when i need too  *large group toss a sonar then a boom/ult down*

Range mods on her are good ....

If your ulting and dying you're doing somthing WRong with banshee

only time i die with is when am in over my head in the first place But i still get it off and kick butt :D

but she needs a rework when stealth 1.0 comes in :) and a polish on her abilities nothing more

p.s banshee prime dammit TAKE MY MONEY!

Edited by Otharious

I been playing banshee for awhile .....

Sonic Boom: good knockdown and stun doesnt kill but thats not its job

Sonar: Epic for higher teir stuff still fun. If i combined Sonar And sonic Boom ..its even better :) powers that hit the spots get damage :)

Silence: no use tilll Stealth 1.0

THE ULT:  VERY USEFULL.   I have such a huge radious on mine that there is no chance for the enemy to shoot me ...even if they kill me just before it goes off *it will goo off when i drop 80% of the time* My team can just pick me up while the enemy is stunned into the ground.

So far I havent done T3's or late T2's but anything below that my ult rips thruogh everything atm ..350-500 damage a tick  and i think the my ult atm lasts for 8 seconds

I can spam alot of Booms aswell and am just using a caster build ........Range. power cost reduction and strength   no duration yet .

but i use my abilites rarely and only when i need too  *large group toss a sonar then a boom/ult down*

Range mods on her are good ....

If your ulting and dying you're doing somthing WRong with banshee

only time i die with is when am in over my head in the first place But i still get it off and kick butt :D

but she needs a rework when stealth 1.0 comes in :) and a polish on her abilities nothing more

p.s banshee prime dammit TAKE MY MONEY!

Her ult does indeed crowd control, and when used properly ,it does its purpose, but that would require  you to locate yourself behind cover to cast if you don't want to get shot. That and also you're unable to move for the duration of the casting. 350-500 a tick? Probably on corpus, but anything else is negligible. The skill seems more complex to use than something like Rhino stomp, but it does not do anything better in exchange. Plenty of other skills that are superior to banshee's ultimate. 

Her ult does indeed crowd control, and when used properly ,it does its purpose, but that would require  you to locate yourself behind cover to cast if you don't want to get shot. That and also you're unable to move for the duration of the casting. 350-500 a tick? Probably on corpus, but anything else is negligible. The skill seems more complex to use than something like Rhino stomp, but it does not do anything better in exchange. Plenty of other skills that are superior to banshee's ultimate. 

TLDR;

Her sonar is the only ability that gives bouns damage to 1000% if i can recall right

NOVA makes things take douable damage

Combine that ....=OH MY GAWD

cover is good period

but the second i use my ult no one is shooting me ...PERIOD

my range is so huge there is no one to shoot me.

and yes yes i understand the thinking *lets use thE EASY things*

sorry am hardcore i like to challlenge myself Banshee if played right is fun and rewarding

my tick damage was just a Guess ..the number fly by so fast i cant really tell ....only thing i know everything up till like says 25Min T2 Defence Void  ult kills everything.

thing is banshee isnt OMG KILL EVERYTHINg anyway ...she can ..be she is good as a support with her sonar plus ult and CC ability and low costs

yes her ult keeps her still YES she can die when in it, But if ur die you honestly screwed up....

thing called TEAMWORK ...and more then MATH AND PAPER that shows what a frame can do

its the THing between the keyboard and the chair :) smucks and their crazy ults lmao

mean time am a try nyx and nova out :P

there is no bad frame

just flavour of the month  and pefereed playstyles

Edited by Otharious

2 things really:

her boom needs to be cheaper - like 5/10 energy since it does almost no damage and has almost no range - it is a defensive ability so give it a cheap cost - similar to vulk's spam stun.

silence is crap - it's just crap in every way really. . .

silence is crap becuase stealth is crap :D

My boom goes pretty far ...a thing callled RANGE MODS

Sonic Boom needs to be castable while moving, a la Ember Fire Ball or Ash Shuriken.  That would shore up all the problems the move has.  Sonar is fine, SIlence needs an additional effect or should be incorporated into Sonar and replaced with a new move.  Sound Quake could use some kind of new effect or synergy with one of Banshee's debuff abilities.  Sound Quake is still pretty good for damage vs non-Grineer (would be great if this could headshot Grineer besides the initial shockwave so that its damage isn't completely #*($%%@ vs Ferrite and armor in general.)  I like Sound Quake because it forces the player to think carefully about its use do to the immobilization factor, but pays that off with strong CC and room-wide damage.  Stupid skills like MPrime, Miasma, Avalanche, etc make it obsolete (not entirely since this move can chain-cc over max range to great effect) but once those moves are nerfed or changed to be reasonable Sound Quake will be a strong option.

Everyone saying sonic boom has short range is rather silly, 15m and that's without range mods.
Also, it's not a damaging ability so of course it doesn't kill stuff, that's like complaining that radial blind doesn't kill things.

Sound Quake is a rather good ability, but it's not some mindless spam ult like Stomp/Crush/etc.

It could probably do with a buff somewhere, but is good if you know how to use it.

TLDR;
Her sonar is the only ability that gives bouns damage to 1000% if i can recall right
NOVA makes things take douable damage

Combine that ....=OH MY GAWD

cover is good period

but the second i use my ult no one is shooting me ...PERIOD

my range is so huge there is no one to shoot me.

and yes yes i understand the thinking *lets use thE EASY things*

sorry am hardcore i like to challlenge myself Banshee if played right is fun and rewarding

my tick damage was just a Guess ..the number fly by so fast i cant really tell ....only thing i know everything up till like says 25Min T2 Defence Void  ult kills everything.

thing is banshee isnt OMG KILL EVERYTHINg anyway ...she can ..be she is good as a support with her sonar plus ult and CC ability and low costs

yes her ult keeps her still YES she can die when in it, But if ur die you honestly screwed up....

thing called TEAMWORK ...and more then MATH AND PAPER that shows what a frame can do

its the THing between the keyboard and the chair :) smucks and their crazy ults lmao

mean time am a try nyx and nova out :P

there is no bad frame

just flavour of the month  and pefereed playstyles

So what you're saying is, banshee's abilities require more skill to use, and is rewarding. Except that her skills are just worse versions of others such as sonic boom being mediocre compared to Mag's Pull. Her ultimate can be used to crowd control, but so can many others without requiring you to stand still. That sounds like a bad frame to me. 

Everyone saying sonic boom has short range is rather silly, 15m and that's without range mods.
Also, it's not a damaging ability so of course it doesn't kill stuff, that's like complaining that radial blind doesn't kill things.

Sound Quake is a rather good ability, but it's not some mindless spam ult like Stomp/Crush/etc.

It could probably do with a buff somewhere, but is good if you know how to use it.

15m is pretty short when you compare it to something like Mag's pull, which also has a much larger arc for aiming as well. 

Sound Quake is pretty bad, you just stun the enemy, and do damage, damage isn't much, and enemies being stunned doesn't help much if you're stuck casting it. Good for team play? Maybe but with some other CC skills that stun enemies, you can actually be active instead of just sitting there watching your team mates killing.

Sound Quake definitely needs some sort of buff, since it has nothing going for, plenty of other ultimates that are superior, without the drawbacks of sound quake.

Edited by DesuEx

As an aside, Sound Quake does synergize with Sonar, to an extent. It will do extra damage to enemies whose midsections are lit up, since AoE targets the torsos of most enemies.

Sonic Boom needs to be castable while moving, a la Ember Fire Ball or Ash Shuriken.

This. I remember when I first saw gameplay of her I thought this would be the case. But it is not so. Allowing Banshee to cast Sonic Boom while walking would help it fit its role far better than the current standstill knockdown: it would act as an escape tool, a quick "get off me" button so frail Banshee could get some distance between herself and the enemy and keep sniping. It'd be nice if it cause a little more knockback than it currently does, as well. Doesn't need to be like Soul Punch where it sends enemies to the moon, just more than a simple shove.

I suppose there is the possibility that Banshee would then be able to bulldoze her way through packs of mobs using SB, but I don't see that being terribly efficient considering how knocking enemies down prevents them from getting knocked down again until they fully stand back up.

-

As for Sound Quake, I like the ideas that LukeAura and Archwizard brought up in the retuning thread. Sound Quake no longer radiates from Banshee herself. Instead, Banshee would be able to place a "sonic mine" at a set location by aiming at it, perhaps being able to spawn one up to 30-50m from herself. Only one mine could be laid at a time, maybe two. The mine would take a few seconds to 'arm' itself to prevent hallway spam, then appear as a small energy-colored pulse emitting from the target location. This pulse is invisible to enemies. When an enemy crosses it, it emits either the current Sound Quake effect from its center, or it emits a high-pitched screech that causes enemies to hold their heads and stagger as if they were being afflicted with Chaos/Miasma/Radial Blind. When the effect wears off, Banshee is free to cast another mine.

Not a perfect idea, but it does accomplish a few things:

- It further defines Banshee as the definitive Sniper frame. By being able to safely disable groups of enemies from a distance, Banshee can gain easy access to their juicy heads and pop them one-by-one. Or all at once with a Penta.

- It essentially acts as a ranged Bastille with a shorter duration and less reliability, since an enemy needs to cross it in order to set it off. It also doesn't lift enemies into the air for even easier headshots. But it is deployable at much longer ranges, allowing Banshee to lock down areas for her team.

Like I said, this isn't my idea. But you're free to discuss it, because I find it more interesting than the current Sound Quake in terms of functionality.

Edited by Noble_Cactus

Sound quake with duration mods can go on FOR crazy amount of time

being able to move with that? i think thats why she cant move right now

everytime i hear somone says sound quake is bad ......i lol inside when am stunning a HUGE RADIUS of enemys on a defense mission killing the weaker fodder so i can Sonar+bow the big ones in the face better ....

The stun is hady for picking up friendslus i stun everything for a long duration while team picks my mate up ...yes there are other frames bettter for that where the silly bubbles.

but i think what sound quake gots going for it is RANGE and duration and the Stun for that duration and the fact is 360 EVERYwhich way.

i honestly like it the way it is ........Banshee isnt a killer she is a dammage support CC*stuner*

Push things away with Sonic boom .........

Stun everything in the town with Sonic Quake

and Sonar for 1000% damage

wiith the right build you have duration power and engery reduction costs.

You can SPAM the S#&$ out of your abillties but there is way more then using her abilities to do DAMAGE

her abiltles allow her to keep range .......or stun/kill everything  a good banshee knows what she can stun/kill and knows her positioning where to be when ect.

Banshee works welll in a good team where she can shine not OMG i has to kill everything ...she kills with weapons NOT her abiltlities she full on ultility really

Sonic boom is so spamable right now and yes i cant cast it while moving but i can cast it in the air and sliding i think

• Fires off a 180° forward cone attack that reaches maximum range at 10 / 11 / 13 / 15 meters. Knocks enemies down and deals 25 / 35 / 40 / 50
    18px-Impact_b.png Impact
    damage.
  • Sonic Boom can penetrate through walls and cover to hit enemies on the other side.
  • Can be used while jumping, sliding, flipping, wall-running or wall-clinging.
  • Delay of about 0.8 seconds between uses.
  • Some enemies, including most heavy units, have a cooldown before being able to be knocked down again.
  • Some enemies will simply be stunned or be knocked down, but most will be pushed back.

In the end w/e ..really ..people are just spoiled with there easy frames......

If banshee is played right SHE KICKS &#!

a polish on her would be nice

but making her like *other frames* .....sigh ...comparing another frame with another is weird balanced design ........The frame should fits it ROLE and its role should be made clear DE.

but atlas ....frame reworks take time

Edited by Otharious

Otharious, do you even know what you're talking about? Sound Quake is not affected by duration. Banshee's sound quake doesn't really kill anything in the later levels as well, it's situational at best. Sonic boom being spammable? How is that even useful with its short range, you just keep a specific group of enemies stunned. Stunning multiple groups will become a hassle if you're under fire. Casting sonic boom interrupts your firing as well. 

And no one is even talking about her role to kill everything, all my ideas are focused around more utility if you have not noticed. 

i infact do play the frame

i was mistaken keep your PANTS on

I however havent used my duration mod in awhile anyway *shrugs*

now that i rememeber that sonic quake doesnt benfit off of duration

yeah thats sucks bad......

Now regarldess of sonic quake

Sonic Booms Range ..i never had a issue with it ... Why does it need to go farther? tell me why?  Becuase other frames go that far? *shakes head*
either we make it do more damage or make its stun better  increase the range really WONT matter ....why? its far enuogh with range mods on, yet again just cuase others have abilities farther doesnt mean everyone has to be the *same* ..that be pretty boring. i personally have never had a issue with its so called "Short range"  i look a dash and jump a helicopter am all over the place poping sonic booms at the same type range is irrlevent then. like it be NICE if the range was increased but ......Truthfully Sonic boom isnt her issue silence and apprantly sonic quake are her issues

I personally play very well with her. am just trying to imagine a *more up to date version of her

Sonic Boom: add some more specal effect like reverb and bounce off walls which WOULD remove its ability to go thruogh walls i might add ....How does sound go thrugh somthing ...it should it be absorbed ...hmmmm bad bad DE

Silence: ....stealth 1.0

Sonar FIND the way it is :D

Sonic Quake
Raised issues about are
(Cons)
*You cant move hell all her abilties you cant move while u cast.........but some should be non-mobile
*can still take damage when ulting ...*Risk vs reward ..being invulderable imo is bad gameplay anyway why should sound make her immune to damage? i vote that this part is FINE
*Lack luster damage on high level enemies......NO S#&$ ...it does Blast damage ..thats why it blows in damage

*Pro
* Even vs high level stuff ..the ult will still kill the lesser crap....thuogh ..doing 125-650 damage 6 times to a WHOLE RADAR full of enemies ......thats not to bad 3250 damage or less over A HUGE wave .....granted it wont KILL MUCH but less stuff will be softened i personly myself couldnt do that much damage TO ALL the enemies in the same 5 seconds *not counting BOOM BOOM weapons lol*
* The Stunning during whole effect is cool....and repreated use of ult make the enemy still stunned
*that allways teammates to KILL helpless enemies and keeps the pod from taking damage and all other crazy stuff

Now since banshee is old ..OTHER frames have come in with crazy crazy crap but ...More adavanced skills ....due to DE getting creative ...SOO If we really want a better Banshee ..they need to remaker her from freshe with a whole new set of skillls are drasticlyy differnt creative ones since DE's skill making abilities have improved as of late

its hard to bring old skills on par with new skills

i honestly think she needs to be remasterd in HD sound ....oh and sound system that matches the laws of physics :D

Sonic boom
Into
Shoots 180 forward sending enimes flying backwards dazed and confused and collision damage vs each other and objects, enemies hit have their aim reduced.

Silence
into
(somone prob said this already but then am AGREEING)
removes all sound from herself and her weapons and anyone she hits (stealth 1.0 really) am tired of AOE everything .. :/

Sonar *works like a charm*

Sonic Quake
into
Sonic Scream
Banshee screams as loud as she can Cuaseing a similar effect of sonic boom but around her as she moves anyone that comes closer to her is tossed aside and dazed * hands on ears effect*

this way she can get enivorimental advtanages to sniping  enemies try to get to her perch she sonic booms them away and the takes damage  based on enviroment that makes banshee have player based skill in posirinng herself right.

Sonic scream wouldnt have the range of quake now ..but she basicly a mobile Stun Box ...usefull for saying getting out of a swarm and back to long range

Her damage comes from Sonar and gun/bow play

her escape is Sonic scream

Her stealth is well silence (1.0) so she can remain hidden and attack enemies.

id totally play this :D 

Here's the two changes I'd suggest:

1. Expand the range on the ult to 'borderline silly'.

2. And this is the big one: replace Silence with something else entirely. If it HAS to be kept as a stealth power (which is obselete since there are silent weapons and noise-reducing mods), it should make your attacks silent for a period of time, rather than deafening nearby enemies. 

NatTal works alright on her. It's most noticeable on Sound Quake, where the startup and recovery animations become very quick. SQ becomes far more reliable with NT, though you're still stuck in place when channeling it (which does not get sped up). It helps a little with casting Sonar and SB safely, as well. Thing is, I can't fit in on my build since that spot is reserved for 14sec Sonars from Continuity; without it, they'd only be 9 seconds.

Edited by Noble_Cactus