Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Understand If We Have That Malware Causing Ddos Attacks?

Cemges

So this seems to be a direct assault to warframe, therefore it would be logical that it is included in something that warframe players want or need. And It would seem that player's pc are what causing those attacks mainly, creating that botnet. I want to know how to know if our pc is infected and how to fix it, destroying the problem from its roots. Also, is there any possibility that malware is included directly in client somehow? Like someone hacked into your servers and placed that thing so whenever people population playing game raises, your servers become overloaded by false attempts. But if you share how to fix that problem from player's pc, and make people aware, that would also be good for preventing those attacks, even in the long term.

Also I suspect that main cause is probably a warframe platinum hack kinda program or something. Would make awesome sense, and if you consider several regions are prone to these attacks, and that attacks mostly begin at likely close time intervals everyday, that would explain a lot.

Edited by Cemges

In this day & age no one should have malware/virus/spyware on their computer with all the anti softe (free & paid alike) available

And if you don't have at least 1 on your computer then you shouldn't have a computer especially gaming on one

In this day & age no one should have malware/virus/spyware on their computer with all the anti softe (free & paid alike) available

And if you don't have at least 1 on your computer then you shouldn't have a computer especially gaming on one

I mean, there are many young people who come from school, are especially naive and ready to malwares, wtihout anti malware programs, ready to get viruses from game hacks. Also you remembered me, my kaspersky is almost close to an end, i would like to know a free alternative. Aware of any?

still stinks of Mabi/Nexon PlayerBase BS cuz they lost to us :P

Nexon > had vote botters

Warframe > pure legit

Idunno, it could just be general people being $&*^s.  Smite got DDOS'd a few days ago, someone tried (and failed) to DDOS Blizzard of all people a few weeks ago.

like Gelkor said it only takes a few people to do this so let's not crap on another games players...

Have you seen the Nexon communities?

They deserve all the crap they get. People on the Mabinogi forums suggested DDoSing the other games, which, after spending, like, 2 years in their communities, doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

My roommate was there a lot longer, I'm sure he'd know more...

Edited by FatalX7

I mean, there are many young people who come from school, are especially naive and ready to malwares, wtihout anti malware programs, ready to get viruses from game hacks. Also you remembered me, my kaspersky is almost close to an end, i would like to know a free alternative. Aware of any?

Avast Antivirus or Malwarebytes anti malware work great.

You're not infected (at least by those doing the attack)

You don't need to infect computers to do a DDoS attack. Its just spamming the server, you could do it with only a couple people. Nobodies gonna go to that length to DDoS warframe when there are simpler and just as effective methods.

Its easy to do to the point that anyone here could do it as long as you know how to follow directions.

Edited by Ecotox

I'd recommend Avast.

$10 says this isn't even targeted at Warframe, and is instead just hitting the server provider, which is causing problems for all provider customers (DE included).

That's how most DDOS attacks go at least.

Probably, I too doubt its DE/warframe specific and is probably their provider getting attacked.

Avast..... have been using it for years free or not very expensive if you buy either way a good program.

Avast..... have been using it for years free or not very expensive if you buy either way a good program.

Not in my experience

I had so many people come in (when I was doing computer repair) with Avast or Norton who got so royally infected I couldn't understand what they possibly did to get it. Ones I saw fairly few of though are Kaspersky or Mcafee, Kaspersky I saw the least and the few times I did it wasnt for infection. I personally dont use an anti-virus and do weekly scans myself with a slew of programs, but if I was to use one itd probably be Kaspersky.

Not in my experience

I had so many people come in (when I was doing computer repair) with Avast or Norton who got so royally infected I couldn't understand what they possibly did to get it. Ones I saw fairly few of though are Kaspersky or Mcafee, Kaspersky I saw the least and the few times I did it wasnt for infection. I personally dont use an anti-virus and do weekly scans myself with a slew of programs, but if I was to use one itd probably be Kaspersky.

Antivirus cannot stop idiocy, no matter how good the program. I used Avast for years on end and only ever had two infections the entire time (and it was a single file that was quickly neutralized).

Antivirus cannot stop idiocy, no matter how good the program. I used Avast for years on end and only ever had two infections the entire time (and it was a single file that was quickly neutralized).

im just saying in my experience, to each his own

I dont think you gotta defend Avasts honor :P

on that note though I've had no anti-virus for a decade and had 1 infection (not counting random bits of malware), the number of infections you've personally had really cant be used as a measuring stick because its gonna depend on the person. 

Edited by Ecotox

Everybody can download LOIC and start a DDOS attack on any site/server he desire. Hell, even ping command in cmd can do the trick if ran lots of times!

Your PCs are safe. But if you don't feel like it, ust run a virus scan, simple as that.

So this seems to be a direct assault to warframe, therefore it would be logical that it is included in something that warframe players want or need.

It doesn't necessarily have to be a direct assault to warframe, warframe could just be one of several games that are being affected by this. Also nobody would go to the lengths of making a program to DDoS someone via its players. All it takes is one person to scan it and say virus for that whole plan to be ruined. It would also take WAY too much effort to create a good program that lots of people would want to download and install just to DDoS someone, there are better ways.

And It would seem that player's pc are what causing those attacks mainly, creating that botnet.

I doubt it, like I said before, there's so many better ways to do it, with the large community of warframe you're just as likely to infect some 10 year old as you are an IT major who designs anti-malware programs.

I want to know how to know if our pc is infected and how to fix it, destroying the problem from its roots.

Your PC is not infected and you should have some basic anti-virus software in the first place, there's so many free security programs that are really good.

Also, is there any possibility that malware is included directly in client somehow? Like someone hacked into your servers and placed that thing so whenever people population playing game raises, your servers become overloaded by false attempts.

There is NO way this is even a likely case. Anyone with that capability would be able to do MUCH worse than simply lag the servers a bit every now and then. Someone with that capability would be more likely to steal credit card and bank account information than cause a bit of inconvenience to the player base.

But if you share how to fix that problem from player's pc, and make people aware, that would also be good for preventing those attacks, even in the long term.

The problem is a simple DDoS attack, there's nothing you can do to "warn" people or anything, nobody needs to fix their PC and preventing future attacks isn't as simple a matter as telling the player "stop DDoS'ing us!"

Also I suspect that main cause is probably a warframe platinum hack kinda program or something.

What? There's no such thing as a platinum hack... If you mean those stupid brats that make youtube video's or posts about how you can hack platinum with some easy program just by typing in the number of how much platinum you want, then I can assure you none of those are real. They appear in EVERY game in existence and it's just basic data manipulation. Stupid people download them, try them, and go "Omg I have 999,999,999 platinum!" but really they still have 0 platinum, they game just shows whatever number they type. Meanwhile their username and password have been sent back to the creator of the program so they can hack the account later.

Would make awesome sense, and if you consider several regions are prone to these attacks, and that attacks mostly begin at likely close time intervals everyday, that would explain a lot.

The time at which the attacks occur indicates that it's just a random group of jerks, and nothing more. The fact that the attacks occur at certain times means that whatever group or person that's doing it abides by a schedule (e.g. work, sleep, school, etc) and can't do the attack all day because of it.

It doesn't necessarily have to be a direct assault to warframe, warframe could just be one of several games that are being affected by this. Also nobody would go to the lengths of making a program to DDoS someone via its players. All it takes is one person to scan it and say virus for that whole plan to be ruined. It would also take WAY too much effort to create a good program that lots of people would want to download and install just to DDoS someone, there are better ways.

I doubt it, like I said before, there's so many better ways to do it, with the large community of warframe you're just as likely to infect some 10 year old as you are an IT major who designs anti-malware programs.

Your PC is not infected and you should have some basic anti-virus software in the first place, there's so many free security programs that are really good.

There is NO way this is even a likely case. Anyone with that capability would be able to do MUCH worse than simply lag the servers a bit every now and then. Someone with that capability would be more likely to steal credit card and bank account information than cause a bit of inconvenience to the player base.

The problem is a simple DDoS attack, there's nothing you can do to "warn" people or anything, nobody needs to fix their PC and preventing future attacks isn't as simple a matter as telling the player "stop DDoS'ing us!"

What? There's no such thing as a platinum hack... If you mean those stupid brats that make youtube video's or posts about how you can hack platinum with some easy program just by typing in the number of how much platinum you want, then I can assure you none of those are real. They appear in EVERY game in existence and it's just basic data manipulation. Stupid people download them, try them, and go "Omg I have 999,999,999 platinum!" but really they still have 0 platinum, they game just shows whatever number they type. Meanwhile their username and password have been sent back to the creator of the program so they can hack the account later.

The time at which the attacks occur indicates that it's just a random group of jerks, and nothing more. The fact that the attacks occur at certain times means that whatever group or person that's doing it abides by a schedule (e.g. work, sleep, school, etc) and can't do the attack all day because of it.

I've seen Live Free or Die Hard so many time I know you're wrong..... :P

It doesn't necessarily have to be a direct assault to warframe, warframe could just be one of several games that are being affected by this. Also nobody would go to the lengths of making a program to DDoS someone via its players. All it takes is one person to scan it and say virus for that whole plan to be ruined. It would also take WAY too much effort to create a good program that lots of people would want to download and install just to DDoS someone, there are better ways. I doubt it, like I said before, there's so many better ways to do it, with the large community of warframe you're just as likely to infect some 10 year old as you are an IT major who designs anti-malware programs. Your PC is not infected and you should have some basic anti-virus software in the first place, there's so many free security programs that are really good. There is NO way this is even a likely case. Anyone with that capability would be able to do MUCH worse than simply lag the servers a bit every now and then. Someone with that capability would be more likely to steal credit card and bank account information than cause a bit of inconvenience to the player base. The problem is a simple DDoS attack, there's nothing you can do to "warn" people or anything, nobody needs to fix their PC and preventing future attacks isn't as simple a matter as telling the player "stop DDoS'ing us!" What? There's no such thing as a platinum hack... If you mean those stupid brats that make youtube video's or posts about how you can hack platinum with some easy program just by typing in the number of how much platinum you want, then I can assure you none of those are real. They appear in EVERY game in existence and it's just basic data manipulation. Stupid people download them, try them, and go "Omg I have 999,999,999 platinum!" but really they still have 0 platinum, they game just shows whatever number they type. Meanwhile their username and password have been sent back to the creator of the program so they can hack the account later. The time at which the attacks occur indicates that it's just a random group of jerks, and nothing more. The fact that the attacks occur at certain times means that whatever group or person that's doing it abides by a schedule (e.g. work, sleep, school, etc) and can't do the attack all day because of it.

. When i said platinum hack i meant the scam malwares scattered on net that lure people with promise of free plat, etc. Ok so it is a minor stuff done by some 10 year old idiots. Thanks for info Edited by Cemges

Malwarebytes. And if you decide to buy it its only a one time payment.... unlike all the other comercialized choices.