Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are The Cicero Mods Worth The Price?

(PSN)dice_thrown

Question

Wftrading has a set of Cicero Mods listed at the high end as 755p. Today I was offered a set for 800p and I see them routinely in chat for 1000p+. Those prices seem exorbitant to me, realizing of course that these are event mods and there is no other way to get them right now. 

Wftrading says the low end for a set is 330p. Much more reasonable, but still a lot. Also, I don't know if anyone is actually selling at that price (i'm on ps4). 

Are these mods worth it for this price? If you could get a steal for say 250p, would you take it? Do we expect that these mods may show up again as nightmare or alert mods?

20 answers to this question

every Mod will probably enter normal circulation in the game, eventually. just as Primed Chamber will be circulated..... eventually, so will these other Event Mods(except for the one and only one that said it was Exclusive, Aviator!)

it may be some serious time before it happens, though.

Any price above 500 is riducolous, but since people buy them for prices like 3k a set, well... the price for the market is set.

$&*&*#(%& people are $&*&*#(%& it is that simple. They don't keep in mind that they throw away hundreds of REAL bucks for stupid mods that change numbers by a few %.

- a wise word to the new Tennos, don't fall for it, these mods aren't worth it, you can still onehit lvl 100+ monsters with certain weapons that are well modded.

Edited by (PS4)Eneokun

Since you can't get those mods anymore, the price should be highish and a lot of people like to double up their toxin for great damage vs. Corpus. But 1000 Platinum is $50 retail! If mods to boost your damage by 10%ish are worth that much to you, go for it. I would say 100-200 is much more reasonable, but I would still never spend even that much. But it all depends on if that damage boost is worth it to you. 

Since you can't get those mods anymore, the price should be highish and a lot of people like to double up their toxin for great damage vs. Corpus. But 1000 Platinum is $50 retail! If mods to boost your damage by 10%ish are worth that much to you, go for it. I would say 100-200 is much more reasonable, but I would still never spend even that much. But it all depends on if that damage boost is worth it to you. 

That's what i thought. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy. Exclusivity can play tricks on you like that.  

The Cicero and Tethra mods have a higher damage/mod cost than the traditional mods, and have added Status chance. They are quite powerful, and very useful to have.

I've used them while leveling basically every single weapon since their release, and they are critical parts of status and high end towers builds.

Examples:

High level Void builds often use +300% Corrosive damage.

When restricted on mod space, +150% toxin is better than 180% mag against Corpus.

Grakata/Tysis builds utilize both mods for extremely high proc chances.

It's also a matter of Plat's availability and value. I almost bought the Stomp pack, and decided not to - If I had, I'd be sitting on a few thousand plat with nothing to spend it on other than rare mods. So yeah, I could see spending up to a thousand plat to get a set of powerful mods, that I'll get good use out of, that can't be obtained any other way.

Sure DE might have said (*didn't see an actual post, just hearsay) that they'll be released again in the future... but they said that about primed chamber and it took nearly a year for them to give out... 1... more. Etc. Also given the mirroring of Tethra's rewards to match Cicero, I wouldn't be suprised to find we have two more major events with cold and heat mods before any of them become available again.

Not worth it.

The Devs will probably come to their senses and release the recent event mods for Nightmares or something.

Considering those mods are the only decent Status mods so far.

Seriously, who uses Rifle Aptitude?

Still I wouldn't recommend spending something as ridiculous as 200 pl for mods.

They are extremely useful for all the reasons Darzk said.  I use them constantly.  But 1000 plat is exorbitant.  If you have $50 to set on fire then you might as well.  If not, well ...  The electricity versions from the Tethra event are viable substitutes since you can use them to make corrosive damage just as well.