Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost 2.0?...

Xear0

Soo...

What about that? 

I mean, are they working on it? It has been a long time since the start of the discussion thread about revisiting Frost.

I submitted my thoughts like many others... Now I'm just waiting. I was expecting the changes to be applied along with U13, so far nothing. Either that or I'm clueless and didn't notice the difference.

I can only assume that (seeing as how many great ideas were posted within the forum) they are taking their sweet &#! time, and I necessarily don't want to question that. Still, there is no mention of it whatsoever, though I might just be uninformed. The silence is... troubling. I hope they didn't forget about it with everything that has been going on.

I'm probably rambling without reason, I'm sure the devs mentioned Frost changes in a Prime Time episode or something.

Speaking of the Frost changes, there was a simple idea I had after the thread got locked, involving making the ice wave skill cone-shaped to satisfy those who complain about how narrow it is, it makes sense considering the skill is called ice WAVE, probably too late now. I really hope the devs get around to making this unwanted frame wanted again.

I guess my question would be... When are the Frost changes going to come about? Was it mentioned after the thread? Were the changes already made and am I just an idiot? How cool can we make Frost? :) 

The main change they made for Frost was to Snow Globe, due to complaints about it being OP. It was given a HP pool and then armor rating. Aside from that, there have been no mention of reworking Frost further. 

Personally, I'd like to see Ice Wave given a mobility component similar to Hydroid's Tidal Surge. All the other skills are serviceable with their existing mechanics; it's just an issue of tweaking the existing values.

Frost is in a good place since the last set of changes.

Avalanche appears to have been quietly changed to give some freeze duration after the damage.

Snow Globe is in a much better place than it was after the initial nerf.

Freeze is the only weak skill he has now and it's no worse off than other #1's.  I'd love to see it changed to offer more utility, but it's not a huge issue.

The only other issue I see with Frost presently is that he's one of the few frames that force the use of all the ability modifying mods to be optimal.

If the devs could find a way to rectify that, I'd say he's in the best spot possible.

I'd tell you to give him another try with melee 2.0 in place, you might be surprised.

Avalanche appears to have been quietly changed to give some freeze duration after the damage.

Freeze is the only weak skill he has now and it's no worse off than other #1's.  I'd love to see it changed to offer more utility, but it's not a huge issue.

The only other issue I see with Frost presently is that he's one of the few frames that force the use of all the ability modifying mods to be optimal.

If the devs could find a way to rectify that, I'd say he's in the best spot possible.

I'd tell you to give him another try with melee 2.0 in place, you might be surprised.

May I ask what your findings were in melee 2.0 with Frost? I only thought of using snow globe as a 1-sided battle dome....

About that whole making sense thing because it is called frost WAVE...

Doesn't wave refer to its movement pattern, rather than the cone shape you are describing? 

If i focus soundwaves to a single point, it is still a wave

If i focus light in that same way it is still a wave/particle...lol <- quanta nonsense

Ah, I see, I AM the idiot I thought I was...

These are minor changes though, looking back at the thread and all of the amazing ideas that were given by the community I thought for sure that Frost was going to get changed significantly. Oh well...

Unfortunate that all of the concepts were wasted, here I can think of dozens of ways he could be improved as a frame. Who knows, maybe sometime in the future we will be seeing frost teleporting while freezing his surroundings and all that.

Doesn't it strike anyone that this game is still in beta? Still plenty of room for improvement. 

While on topic of changing frames, who here agrees that Ash and Saryn should get looked at? I have both those frames and I love them, but they just aren't good to play with and are pretty useless (in my opinion).

I saw it on the thread, if I remember correctly, someone wanted freeze to be able to stop multiple enemies not just one.

all i want is CC avalanche, stop buffing the damage gosh dangit...

Yes, CC Avalanche. I would like to be able to turn a room full of enemies into an ice statue exhibit :)

You're damn right, he needs to be a CC monster, that slows, freezes and makes enemies slip on ice.

CC please.

What I wish Frost had was less damage and better support. He is tanky, but not quite tanky enough, and after he lost his super-snowglobe (of justice), I've found he dies very easily. I personally think that damage should be lowered in return for making him an actual tank, not some odd hybrid.

frost is fine as he except for his ultimate , that is what ruins him atm

all he needs is avalanche 2.0 - aka trade less dmg for 5-6sec duration AOE freeze 

if freeze had better targeting and/or larger AOE also then he would be perfect