Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Is Good Survival Etiquette?

Sh1n3y

Question

I'm very conscientious of proper etiquette in games and thought I was doing the right thing in survival. Mind you, I'm talking about casual survival with randoms mostly where the goal is usually between 20-40 minutes (i.e. don't need Nekros and aren't too worried about running out of Oxygen). My strategy is to go to the room with the large life support spawns. This room is usually fairly large with quite a few doorways. I'll often shoot through doorways and occasionally run into a connecting hallway to collect loot. But sometimes I'll get these other types of groups

1. Everyone runs around all over the map doing their own thing solo. Don't really mind this unless I'm trying to level. Actually I don't really mind in general because I'm not expecting much from a group of randoms. 

2. Someone is telling me to follow him around the map. Thinks that I'm spreading out the spawns by sticking to the main room. 

So basically, what do you think is the best survival etiquette? 

12 answers to this question

For randomized games?

There is no etiquette. Just play. XD

Proper etiquette would require some working together. It only takes one person to mess everything up.

I would say use the Squad chat as the #1 rule in an random game. Coordinate and KILL!!!

well...... I don't know if there is a "proper" thing to do. What I do is hang out in the same room as  the life support capsules till the oxygen gets below 70% then activate them. If the oxygen level is above 85% then i'll wander around killing enemies and collecting stuff. This way I get almost zero complaints about the way I play. and I still collect quite a few credits, mods, resources, and exp. That's my best etiquette, you will probably get a bunch of different opinions. So good luck. 

Stick together around the area where the life support modules have spawned and maybe choose one person to be the module activator so you don't have people activating three modules at the same time when you're at 50%.  Don't go for the exit until a majority has agreed it's time to go, usually around 15 minutes in since you get your key at that point.  Other than that, it's the same stuff as any map.  Kill, revive people when they're downed if you can do so without getting downed yourself, and mark rare mods and materials that drop.

Stick together around the area where the life support modules have spawned and maybe choose one person to be the module activator so you don't have people activating three modules at the same time when you're at 50%.  Don't go for the exit until a majority has agreed it's time to go, usually around 15 minutes in since you get your key at that point.  Other than that, it's the same stuff as any map.  Kill, revive people when they're downed if you can do so without getting downed yourself, and mark rare mods and materials that drop.

its nice to see when people mark mods

0-40m go nuts do whatever you want..

40m+ Follow nekros, or make nekros follow you.

If your no longer clearing rooms with the push of a button, follow the group.

Don't run off and die on the other side of the map!

If you run off alone to pop O2, BE HARDCORE..Move Between the bullets!..

if you start to die, stay close to somebody better than you.... if your playing corpus, sit next to mag and go afk, shooting mobs only reduces the damage they take when mag kills them.

if there is only 1 trinity, PROTECT TRINITY.. if you see a recast in the open BODYCHECK Bullets!

don't run off to the extraction and die there..... if you do die, STAY DOWN!

Do communicate, ask for people to stay close, Say your struggling, suggest your not contributing and as if they wish to leave.

if your on a light caster like Nova with no healer or Immunity frames, keep a tougher frame in view

if you see an Excal mashing radial blind, this is a safe person to follow, if you see mag putting her hand in the air this is a safe person to follow, if you see rhino stomping the ground every 9 seconds, follow rhino.  Always follow Frost..

Glowing red Valkyr will always rez you, but following Glowing red Valkyr into a room full of danger is not smart

Edited by Tatersail

With randoms, finding a game with good etiquette isn't guaranteed, and really shouldn't be expected. However, I do think there are some general guidelines that most players should try to follow.

Don't activate when you're at 70% or higher; try to stick to one location, preferably one where the life support is spawning; mark rare or useful mods you find; don't tell other people how to play the game unless they're playing in a way that's detrimental to the mission objective; try to stay together as a group; don't go to extraction until you're actually ready to leave the game; don't be afraid to use the squad chat.