Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heavy Bias Against Heavy Melee Weapons.

Innocent_Flower

Melee weapons have had an upgrade, unless of course you were using a hard hitter that relied on charge attacks, in which case you've now got a faster weapon that does nutin'. 

Compare the galatine to any dagger, or the reaper prime to the nikana (don't even bother with the dragon nikana) . It's silly. It's sad. I was never a fan of the galatine but I used it at the end of 12 and mastered it someway into 13. I struggled to kill lancers. 

I don't have any heavy stances and only one heavy (jitag) has a potato; But those shouldn't be requirements for having a useful weapon. 

Edited by Innocent_Flower

Yeah, the BFSs need some buffs.

Really? I took my Galatine for a spin in T3 Capture an hour before the whole server got boned and I did just fine.

What's your build? I'm having trouble making Axe/Swords as good as dual swords and polearms.

Edited by ValhaHazred

Heavier weapons still have the ability to hit more targets, in a bigger range. In a crowd that's a huge advantage. Where as swords and daggers are generally single target strikes that leave you open to get hit by the 5 other people you aren't reaching.

Three thoughts on heavy melee weapons:

1. They shouldn't charge you energy for each enemy hit with channeling. Galatine's whole POINT is that it can hit multiple enemies per swing, and you should be rewarded for using that capability.

2. Their stances should restore their radial attack capabilities. One of the cool things about Galatine was its circular charge attack. That should be something that one of the Heavy Melee Stances restores.

3. Damage needs to go way up and speed needs to go down. They're HEAVY melee weapons for pete's sake!

Really? I took my Galatine for a spin in T3 Capture an hour before the whole server got boned and I did just fine.

They don't feel heavy anymore, though.

All melee weapons work now, sure, but where is the weight? Small weapons aren't that quick, and big weapons aren't much slower. Everything is kinda... Vanilla.

Edited by Archistopheles

They don't feel heavy anymore, though.

All melee weapons work now, sure, but where is the weight? Small weapons aren't that quick, and big weapons aren't much slower. Everything is kinda... Vanilla.

If you think small weapons aren't quick then you haven't used updated Daggers. They are actually kind of awesome (even singles).

Compare the galatine to any dagger, or the reaper prime to the nikana (don't even bother with the dragon nikana) . It's silly. It's sad. I was never a fan of the galatine but I used it at the end of 12 and mastered it someway into 13. I struggled to kill lancers. 

Single daggers a widely considered the most useless melee. And compared to the base Nikana reaper prime is better in every stat but crit.

Also, without stances make a much bigger difference then you would expect in the balance of weapons.