Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is The Dakra Prime...

achromos

Question

15 answers to this question

Worth it to even have?  in terms of damage output, it looks nice and all but can it pull out the numbers?

its still good, but its inferior to most heavy weapons(then again, all non heavy weapons except for 1 or 2  are inferior to heavy weapons now)

but the new swords outperform.

so i'd say its the 3rd best non heavy weapon now.

Look it up. 

Not what i was looking for.  Don't give me that.  I want to hear from people who HAVE it, i can Google that junk if i need to but i chose to ASK people who have it instead of looking at a static web page.

1HWQIPa.gif

<3

its still good, but its inferior to most heavy weapons(then again, all non heavy weapons except for 1 or 2  are inferior to heavy weapons now)

but the new swords outperform.

so i'd say its the 3rd best non heavy weapon now.

Thanks for the responses everyone ^_^, I guess ill have to go farm it wont I

Edited by Sibarian

In my opinion it's better than nearly every heavy weapon out there in damage output (more crits, similar base damage, higher attack speed). Crimson Dervish is also super legit. Iron Phoenix is decent too.

It also has something that heavy weapons and Nikanas do not: coptering. It is the best coptering weapon out of the top 5 DPS melee weapons.

Edited by Fate_6

Sibarian, I've done a lot of work into identifying the highest dps melee weapons. This is what I think, based on experience (as opposed to measurements).

Tier 1. Dual Ichor, Dual Zoren (Swirling Tiger)

Tier 2. Dakra Prime (Crimson Dervish)

Tier 3. Orthos Prime (Bleeding Willow), Reaper Prime (Stalking Fan), Dragon Nikana (Tranquil Cleave)

Everything else I've tried is too weak to be considered. 

I've listed the Stances used because I've found outside of providing better melee animations, some Stances significantly multiply base damage. Crimson Dervish applies the largest multiplier (it's about x3) I've seen thus far, which allows Dakra Prime to occupy Tier 2 by itself (it does *way* more damage than the Dragon Nikana). 

I think there's certainly something to be said about Hammers that pure dps numbers alone can't account for. 
The AoE on Crushing Ruin and the ragdoll of Jat Kittag's slam should at least give it it's own tier as one of the top melee weapons, even if not in terms of pure dps.

its still good, but its inferior to most heavy weapons

This is news to me. May I ask which ones are better? The slow swinging time, lack of mobility, and medium damage per hit on the ones I've tried makes them kind of iffy for me.