Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost Prime Tips,tricks,weapons,etc....

omer301

Question

.....hi I'm new over here so this isn't a guide as you may probably have thought it is (yea poor English please bear with me)

So I recently got my frost prime and potatoed it and yea I'm manning it now

I have currently karak,ak Magnus and fang

Mastery rank 4 also

So I need some help with frost prime regarding everything even colors

My in-game name is omer301

Ok so one of my friend who is also a frost user told me that I should get penta or ogris end-game

That's good right? Or is there any other weapon?

For secondary he told me brakk or marelok but I'm not sure about that

Melee it was nikana,dragon nikana,fang prime or reaper prime

So what should I do?

Also I use avalanche and snow globe only

Also I have the normal color which everyone gets at the start of the game and the shamrock pack as well as 26 plat

Lastly, what other warframe should I get? NO RHINO JUST NO

12 answers to this question

Rhino yes rhino because he has its uses. Well frost have its own pack, latın prime and reaper prime, and you can get lex prime as secondary, its a fun combination. Dont waste your time on ogris or penta just yet. You'll get ogris when you reach rank 6 anyways. I love going all prime combinations really. If not, well marelok is good secondary, Penta is surely good for odd and stuff, and well, fang prime is a good melee but prefer reaper prime for frost.

Um what about colors? .....

Also Latin prime? What's that?

Also about the secondary I still have doubts as I said in my OP that I'm not sure of secondary

Also I personally don't like lex prime and am more of a full auto guy

And melee weapons Is nikana really that powerful? Or is it just hype?

Lastly what should I do with my 26 plat and I already stated no rhino

Any melee is good if you mod and forma it right, so just pick what you like :) So far for me I'm into Scoliac because of its range and attack speed. Dual Ichors/Cleavers are also a good preference of mine because of their critical damage and attack speed.

Its good to have a weapon you can copter (air slide attack) pretty far , especially if you're using Frost Prime which is one of the slowest frames out there. Helps you get around places faster.

You might wanna consider using Ice Wave more. Think of it as a straight-line avalanche that deals less damage but costs less energy. I tend to use Ice Wave more than Avalanche for my Frost Prime.

I'm assuming he meant Latron Prime as DE has yet to release Prime Language packs for the game, and I certainly doubt Latin would be among them if they existed.

Brakk and Marelok are definitely two of the best if not the two best secondaries due to their extremely high damages, but if you prefer full auto just use something you like and try to make the most out of it. You don't always have to worry about min/maxing everything, it only really matters if you're going on long survival or defense runs.

For melee, Dragon Nikana has higher base damage than the best longsword in the game, the Dakra Prime. It certainly is not just hype when people say the Dragon Nikana is a great melee weapon.

Platinum is always best spent on warframe slots and weapon slots because these allow you to keep more of your favorite warframes and weapons as you find more of them that you have fun playing, and they are not obtainable except with a platinum purchase.

And as COOKINGPAPA said, Ice Wave is also a nice ability that you may want to consider using. At the very least I'd recommend you try the ability for yourself and see if you can make good use of it.

Ok we'll thanks for the advice professor but a few more questions

What's your opinion on penta and ogris on frost prime? I don't like semi-auto weapons so no latron

For end -game only marelok and brakk are the best weapons (and by that I guess you could say long survival and defence)

Hmm ok I guess the dragon nikana is awesome but what about reaper prime and fang prime?

I don't really want more slots.... Any other uses?

I tried ice wave and I guess it's ok but I prefer avalanche

Also two questions that I asked in the OP

IDK how to quote so

"Also I have the normal color which everyone gets at the start of the game and the shamrock pack as well as 26 plat"

"Lastly, what other warframe should I get? NO RHINO JUST NO "

I'm really into the look of my warframe so colors are very important

Also stay "cool" everyone (yea really lame pun...)

If you are into full auto seondaries, Twin Vipers and Afuris are perfect choices, the problem is they are expensive to craft as you have to craft 2 of the single version (Viper and Furis) and then craft them together. 

Personaly, I love the Twin Gremlins. Perfect all aroung full auto secondary. Bullets have travel time though.

What's your opinion on penta and ogris on frost prime?

Hmm ok I guess the dragon nikana is awesome but what about reaper prime and fang prime?

I don't really want more slots.... Any other uses?

"Also I have the normal color which everyone gets at the start of the game and the shamrock pack as well as 26 plat"

"Lastly, what other warframe should I get? NO RHINO JUST NO "

I'm really into the look of my warframe so colors are very importantAlso stay "cool" everyone (yea really lame pun...)

-As good to frost as to any frame, they are crowd control weapons. They deal TONS of damage but can hurt you too, so be careful. You will rely on your secondary when your enemies get close.

-Haven't tried the Fangs (prime) yet. Reaper Prime does the job perfectly.

-No, really, you don't know yet. Please take our advice and buy warframe slots or weapons slots. Trust us. I insist. (If you really must spend it now, buy a catalyst/reactor).

-My frost is white and blue and looks cool, what else can I say, we can't tell you what you will like. It's a mather of preference.

-It depends on what rol you want to fill with that warframe. You already have Frost, a tank support, and can deal lots of damage if built for that. The best way to know what you like, is to know what they can do. So you should research a bit on the other warframes.

-As good to frost as to any frame, they are crowd control weapons. They deal TONS of damage but can hurt you too, so be careful. You will rely on your secondary when your enemies get close.

Hmm Ok thanks or the advice

-Haven't tried the Fangs (prime) yet. Reaper Prime does the job perfectly.

Im getting the reaper prime should i potato it? some people say not too

-No, really, you don't know yet. Please take our advice and buy warframe slots or weapons slots. Trust us. I insist. (If you really must spend it now, buy a catalyst/reactor).

i have 34 Plat now and I still dont want more slots... why is it soooooooooo important?

-My frost is white and blue and looks cool, what else can I say, we can't tell you what you will like. It's a mather of preference.

Well any suggestions? I got the easter colors also now

-It depends on what rol you want to fill with that warframe. You already have Frost, a tank support, and can deal lots of damage if built for that. The best way to know what you like, is to know what they can do. So you should research a bit on the other warframes.

Hmm ok from these what should I Choose? Hydroid,Nekros Or Volt?

Also im currently building boltor,Marelok,and Reaper Prime , Marelok and Reaper Prime to be end-game items which i willl potato and forma (should i or not)

Boltor is just for the exp

I Also realy want suggestions with colors...... I have shamrock,easter and the basic one everyone gets

depends what your favorite color is.

I personaly love green because its my favorite color.

For weapons use the reaper prime been using it; its great. You will want to potato it and get a stance mod like "Reaping Spiral, or Stalking Fan" Reaping spiral you can get for 5 plat maxed out.

For end-game weapons i use a "Attica" I know not the best. However over time it will be greater than a regular rifle. Potato it and add a maxed split chamber with a maxed seration magezine mods and ammo mods; you will be set. Do not forma reaper prime you will have to level which will take ages!!!

Finally if you want colors stay away from peachy colors it looks odd in the game especially on a guy frame go for the more saturated. For a new warframe i reccomend a volt. In time advancing through corpus missions his shock will be most useful. 

That's all from me my gamer tag is OcelotskillShot

Do not forma reaper prime you will have to level which will take ages!!!

Forma Reaper Prime ONLY if you've confirmed that you like it. Sure you have to re-lvl the weapon again from 0, the added in polarity/polarities can make a weapon so much better and the fact Reaper Prime has NO POLARITIES means it'll benefit even more from it if you compared one with a forma to one without a forma. Party of 4 in a survival mission for 20 minutes can take you a very nice distance exp wise and even further with an affinity booster if you feel the need for one.

Edited by FormlessDread