Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Not Just Make The Stance Mods Tied To Weapon Mastery Level?

Basically what I mean is, as you level the weapon and get more experienced with it, you would earn a stance mod instead of having to go find it. This would make so much more sense and cut down on some frustration.

Let's start with the Skana. You play with it, get used to it, and level it to 10. You would get Iron Phoenix(I think that's the name) and be able to use it on any Longsword in the future. Level it to 30, and you would get Crimson Dervish and be able to use it on any Longsword. This would also easily open up room for more stances and cut down on the drop tables.

Here is what I mean. Say you level the Skana to 10 and get your Iron Phoenix, awesome, but when you get to 20, you get Crimson Dervish. What about 30? Unique stance for the Skana that cannot be used on any other weapon, even other Longswords. But wait, there's more!

You do the above, but then decide you want to try out your new Heat Sword next. So you level it to 10 and what do you get? Not Iron Phoenix, but a new Longsword stance that you can use on any other Longsword. Leveling it to 20 would get you another different stance and taking it to 30 would get you the unique Heat Sword stance.

I feel the above would not only make much more sense, but would be much more enjoyable than grinding for the stance mods. The grind would still be there for sure, but it would at least give people the reason to use other weapons and make the grind, dare I say, enjoyable? I don't really see any downside to this system except people might buy less mod packs, but let's be serious here, who would actually buy a mod pack when you can get the mod you're looking for cheaper through Trading?

Basically what I mean is, as you level the weapon and get more experienced with it, you would earn a stance mod instead of having to go find it. This would make so much more sense and cut down on some frustration.

Let's start with the Skana. You play with it, get used to it, and level it to 10. You would get Iron Phoenix(I think that's the name) and be able to use it on any Longsword in the future. Level it to 30, and you would get Crimson Dervish and be able to use it on any Longsword. This would also easily open up room for more stances and cut down on the drop tables.

Here is what I mean. Say you level the Skana to 10 and get your Iron Phoenix, awesome, but when you get to 20, you get Crimson Dervish. What about 30? Unique stance for the Skana that cannot be used on any other weapon, even other Longswords. But wait, there's more!

You do the above, but then decide you want to try out your new Heat Sword next. So you level it to 10 and what do you get? Not Iron Phoenix, but a new Longsword stance that you can use on any other Longsword. Leveling it to 20 would get you another different stance and taking it to 30 would get you the unique Heat Sword stance.

I feel the above would not only make much more sense, but would be much more enjoyable than grinding for the stance mods. The grind would still be there for sure, but it would at least give people the reason to use other weapons and make the grind, dare I say, enjoyable? I don't really see any downside to this system except people might buy less mod packs, but let's be serious here, who would actually buy a mod pack when you can get the mod you're looking for cheaper through Trading?

the game is no a free hand out game , MR is only to progress you to getting new stuff , not free hand outs for mods or what not just cause you play with a weapon for a bit that you can easily get to 30 in a matter of an hour or 2

So you want a unique stance - which also means more UNIQUE combos for EVERY darn weapon of the same kind out there. 

Not a bright idea mate. Too complicated.

But I get where you're going - unlocking stances and such. Also, the frustration is a way so that the game doesn't just feel like some plain ol' easy game, and it helps balance out the in-game economy. If it was too simple to obtain rare stances then there'd be almost no point.

I'd prefer a different solution - eliminate stance mods. Instead, you unlock combos on your weapon as you level them up. Therefore we don't overload our inventory with stance mods and maybe the devs don't have to suffer from making so many stance mods - there are already plenty tons of stance mods and honestly, its a bit hectic.

Nothing wrong with stances being in the drop table, but it becomes a problem when the drop table is so diluted with pointless crap, like ability mods. But hey, it's for players who want a different rank on their ability mods... couldn't do that by putting them in the market as packs for a particular warframe which can be purchased and fused though. Right DE? Right?

Stupid reason isn't it...

That was the original idea of DE, but they scrapped the whole leveling concept for some reason which i can't remember.

They said it was too much like Devil May Cry. They decided to be original and couldn't think of anything better than giving you combos through RNG (or not giving).

So you want a unique stance - which also means more UNIQUE combos for EVERY darn weapon of the same kind out there. 

Not a bright idea mate. Too complicated.

But I get where you're going - unlocking stances and such. Also, the frustration is a way so that the game doesn't just feel like some plain ol' easy game, and it helps balance out the in-game economy. If it was too simple to obtain rare stances then there'd be almost no point.

I'd prefer a different solution - eliminate stance mods. Instead, you unlock combos on your weapon as you level them up. Therefore we don't overload our inventory with stance mods and maybe the devs don't have to suffer from making so many stance mods - there are already plenty tons of stance mods and honestly, its a bit hectic.

I think h meant have the combos be the same as they are now but you cant use them until you rank the weapon up and dont need to use a mod for it

Not saying i agree or not but thats just what OP might have been getting at

the people who already farmed the rare stance mods will be quite displeased

this will not happen mainly because it will cause more problems and you know, if some staff doesn't like idea regardless if people think that idea is good it wont happen