Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Returning Player

Feyreheart

Question

ive be gone since.. probably update 10. and i need to ask what weapons are more effective now? used to be acrid, been looking around and some say its horrible now, and some say its just fine. i dont want to be completely lost... though asking this wont give me a clear answer, i atleast want an idea of what i should be farming for.

4 answers to this question

ive be gone since.. probably update 10. and i need to ask what weapons are more effective now? used to be acrid, been looking around and some say its horrible now, and some say its just fine. i dont want to be completely lost... though asking this wont give me a clear answer, i atleast want an idea of what i should be farming for.

First of all welcome back.

Second : it's hard to suggest any weaponry if we don't know your mastery rank. Acrid is decent now ( IMO ), but not what it used to be. I'll give my own oppinion on what weapons are good, and you can check them out on youtube if you'd like ; 

Primaries : 

-Boltor Prime

-Soma

-Penta

-Ogris

================

Secondaries : 

-Dex Furis ( birthday gift, not obtainable anymore )

-Acrid

-Brakk ( G3 farming, obtainable ingame now )

-Despair, Hikou, Kunai are all 3 solid and pretty good

-Marelok 

-Stug

===================

Melee : 

-Dragon Nikana ( mastery 8 )

-Dual Ichors

-Glaive Prime

-Orthos Prime

Just my personal oppinion and my own weapons so I've tested them all on the list. The melees are with stances, so might not be as enjoyable without them. 

Just wanted a rough idea, thank you rancid.

i Am rank 8 by the way. got pretty much everything on that list except for brak and the dragon nikana. Glad most of them havnt changed.. just gotta get used to this new elemental damage change.

To add to the list:

Crit damage was changed so a headshot that crits gets an extra 2x multiplier. Seems to be a bug (ie isnt metioned in any patch notes) but its been persistent over a few major patches now. 

Synapse is still top Corrosive/Rad DPS, and got a significant boost from the above mechanic.

Akbolto got a buff a while back, slitting it into god tier with the stuff Rancid mentioned. Especially if you have a click macro/scroll bind.

Castanas are a fairly new release, they do decent dps with a trigger like the penta, and do excellent crowd control with a 100% shock chance.

Amphis got a nice buff with melee 2.0, my fav weapon for coptering and AoE attacking.

Dakra Prime is the best longsword, Nami Skyla are the best dual swords and best slide attack weapon (300 base!).

Edit: Oh, how could I forget! Update 11 (IIRC) was Damage 2.0!

Basically you have to build per faction, only Grineer have armor, and there's no armor ignoring anymore, although certain elements will partially ignore armor. Damage/health scaling means you can kill stuff up to about lvl 50 without armor being too big of a deal, as compared to before. Elements now combine if you put 2 of them on one weapon, so no more rainbow builds, max elements is 2 (3 for innate combined elemental weapons). Elements now proc, at a rate determined by the weapons status chance, giving an effect as listed in the link. So no more putting cold on every weapon just to have a snare.

Edited by Darzk