Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dark Sectors Are Awesome (From A Ps4 Player)

(PSN)CrimsonShinku

Now, i'm sure many of you will disagree because of many many reasons, but those very reasons are what make, to me, the dark sectors so amazing.

DE introduced a system that is completely player-controlled, and there lies the beauty, it shows us the worst part of humanity. it hasn't been a week and the drama is overflowing, no, before you start thinking i'm being sarcastic or gonna call DE out on something, i'm not. i'm being 100% serious here why?

Because this shows what happens when control is given to a society that has no hierarchical structure. In every other update DE says we do, if we don't like something we complain but in the end it's their call on whether it goes or not; not the case with the rails. you don't like the guy who controls the current dark sector? you don't like their rail taxes? you can sabotage them, you can make them pay.

Or they might just give up, think it's not worth the effort, and now you have a shiny new rail with 0% tax, who's going to challenge that? how about someone who'd rather have their name in that node? even if you fend them off now you have a very damaged rail that another hyena might eye and want to take for themselves. And if you want to fix it? hoo boy it's gonna take some hefty work! ...unless you raise your taxes, make it self-sufficient, and now you've become the very man you fought at the beginning of the journey that is this thread. and a new champion will rise to challenge your lie, the promise you couldn't keep of tax-free rails.

Oh but the thousands of players and hundreds of clans, do you think you could group them up, all of them, and decide peacefully on who keeps what and at what tax? how feasible do you think this is? and what prevents a new clan from rising up, idealistic, tired of your taxes and the giant monopoly that is now in control of the clans? after all you don't hold any more power than any other person and as such any new group can choose to challenge and sabotage your hard work.

Can you control all the rails, offer no taxes, and pay them out of your own pocket?

Do you think a rail with taxes will be able to survive when the general population demands tax-free sectors?

Can you make a council with the rest of the clans and reach an agreement that everyone enjoys?

What stops those clans from allying and turning against you?

Can you make an utopia?

That's what this patch reduces to, it's a microcosm of our own world and it's petty struggles, and i find that beautiful.

Sorry not sorry about the wall of text, but i was wondering if anyone out there shared my view of this system, and what are your opinions on it. note, when i ask for your opinions i don't mean "taxes should be set in stone" or anything of the sort, that's changes you want to see, i want to know your opinions on how the system works and what it causes.

For those that read this far, congratulations  and thanks. I know my punctuation isn't the best out there...

Edited by (PS4)CrimsonShinku

Moved to the proper section.

well, this isn't precisely feedback, i wanted a discussion about the... let's say political status of the dark sectors, not suggestions on what requires changes.

but allrighty then, as long as it's read it doesn't matter.

edit: maybe i should have gone with a different title -whistles-

Edited by (PS4)CrimsonShinku

This system is... beautiful.

Why? Because it's player controlled.

It shows the true colors of the clans/alliances and the community.

Players miss the fact that. A lot of the issues, such as nodes getting contested too much, etc. Could be simply solved with proper negotiations between the alliances.

There is a reason why these nodes have higher rates. Now if players want uninterrupted access to it. Then they need to actually communicate and get to an agreement. Instead of running to the developers with teared up eyes and pulling their leg untill they get their playground back.

This is the spice, that Warframe has needed for a long while.

well, this isn't precisely feedback, i wanted a discussion about the... let's say political status of the dark sectors, not suggestions on what requires changes.

but allrighty then, as long as it's read it doesn't matter.

edit: maybe i should have gone with a different title -whistles-

One does not simply argue with a Tulzbot.

Ammolds

if that's a Dune reference you're my new favorite person in the forums. i can't see many of the clans agreeing or even getting together, imagine 400 ghost clans making an alliance, try to negotiate with that. it may cause rifts within that very alliance if it's not handled carefully, and that's just one alliance of hundreds. such a touchy subject. we're going ONU in here

NjaII

that adds to this, if a clan keeps contesting and contesting it might earn the dislike of the non-allied player, it may cause further conflicts, "war" you could call it.

Detheroc

where it is doesn't matter, as long as it's seen, but th-actually, not gonna complain, let things flow.

Ammolds

if that's a Dune reference you're my new favorite person in the forums. i can't see many of the clans agreeing or even getting together, imagine 400 ghost clans making an alliance, try to negotiate with that. it may cause rifts within that very alliance if it's not handled carefully, and that's just one alliance of hundreds. such a touchy subject. we're going ONU in here

-rude snip-

Wasn't thinking about Dune when I was writing the reply, but I see what you mean there. Nice to see gamers who remember/know Dune.

On the topic of an Alliance that consists of a bunch of small clans. An alliance would require co-operation amongst it member clans, to function properly and not collapse in the first place. Why would one create an alliance of clans that aren't capable of functioning as a whole in the first place. In that case, the whole Alliance would have such instability that it'd eventually collapse on itself.

On the point of having diplomacy between the Alliances during a state of War. That's the thing here. You will have to communicate eventually.

DE isn't going to change this. They probably will improve the Dark Sectors over time (I don't mean a couple of hours)and my guess is that the infested ships will be rolled into the Dark Sectors, but Alliances need to learn to communicate. EVE is a good example (sure, EVE's more-less fully built around this concept, but a decent example nonetheless). Furthermore, these Dark Sectors don't halt you from doing other things in the game, they're an extra bit on almost each planet.

If the Dark Sectors are so important to the community, then cease the stubbornness and try to solve the problem amongst yourselves.