The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nikana As Skin For Dragon Nikana?

Armanant

Hi there,

I love the way the Nikana looks, and am sadly not thrilled with the Dragon Nikana (that dangly bit on the end it killing it for me to be honest). However with the big differences in stats on the weapons, I fell like I'm gimping myself if I go for a look I enjoy instead of the upgraded weapon.

I'd love it if there was a way to have the looks of the normal Nikana but the stats of the Dragon version, and a nice way to do that would be to add the Nikana as a skin for the Dragon Nikana. Wouldn't mind if it was hard to get or whatever, I'd work for it :-)

Anyone else feeling the same?

All of my +1!!Please DE make this happen!

Also i don't really like the color scheme: the regular nikana allowed me to go full Jetstream Sam with the red blade and the black/grey handle, instead the dragon nikana treat the whole sword as a single piece. The sheath is kinda cool though, but i still prefere the look of the normal Nikana. If only the stats weren't so inferior...

Edited by Melkia

I thought we were talking about appearance, and I assure you the swords look the same.

Sheaths don't.

Swords don't look the same either. Tsuba (guard) is different on both, the Nikana is a nicer Lotus shaped tsuba. I think the hilt has some difference too. Not sure about the blade though. My guesses are the blade is the same.

But still, even in real life Katanas, the blade is always the same, the guards, hilts and sheathe are different, so I would say that they are quite different.

I too prefer the normal Nikana to the Dragon one.

The swords are exactly the same though

Swords don't look the same either. Tsuba (guard) is different on both, the Nikana is a nicer Lotus shaped tsuba. I think the hilt has some difference too. Not sure about the blade though. My guesses are the blade is the same.

But still, even in real life Katanas, the blade is always the same, the guards, hilts and sheathe are different, so I would say that they are quite different.

I too prefer the normal Nikana to the Dragon one.

One of the most important differences between the two swords is their color channel. While Nikana has almost all its color channels well distributed on the sword, the Dragon Nikana is one plain color that looks simply weird in many colors. It's not like they couldn't link color channels on the sword with the scabbard either, so that it looks as customizable as Nikana.

DE's pretty notorious for their color channel distribution XD *points at many immortal skins + weapons and their grey parts/non-recolorable parts*

Edited by Casardis

While Nikana has almost all its color channels well distributed on the sword, the Dragon Nikana is one plain color that looks simply weird in many colors.

That's exactly what i meant in my previous post. I know that is just an aestethic issue, so we won't see it changed soon, but i hope DE at least takes it in consideration :S

That's exactly what i meant in my previous post. I know that is just an aestethic issue, so we won't see it changed soon, but i hope DE at least takes it in consideration :S

Well, they have improved other weapon colour channels shortly after releasing them - though I think it was mostly in situations where large parts of the weapons weren't colourable at all. We can still hope though!