Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Player Looking For Advice!

PinkSwe

Question

Hi,

I started playing this game with my friend about 1 week ago, and we’re really hooked, it’s a great game and we enjoy it.

We would love some advice and beginners tips.

What should we spend Platinum on? (Occasionally I might buy little platinum)

Is there anything beneficial by doing all the missions on all the planets?

How’s the end game? Is it a constant grind or do you have like difficult bosses you have to slay etc?

Is there PVP?

I really think this game have a lot of potential so we’ll continue playing it and see where it takes us.

Any general tips, please just write it down, helps a lot! :D 

14 answers to this question

1. Slots. All the slots. Everything else can be gotten ingame with patience and luck.

2. Mastery XP and access to alert missions without the need of a taxi.

3. Find your own endgame. There really isn't any.

4. There is dueling, which is 1v1 and Conclave which is 2v2 fights, but they're very imbalanced and generally come down to who can one shot the other person, or who has the biggest AOE.

As far as tips go, the biggest thing I can say is get rid of the MK-1 asap. Buy a Latron or Braton instead.

Edited by DecapitatingJim

-PLat should mosty be used on Slots of any type...all market buys are super over prices for what they are, everything in the game can be got freely, with the exception or cosmetics: colors, accessories, rare items(when thrown in the market)

-The benefit of completeing the Solar system would be, more alerts show up that you can go to and mastery rank exp.

-There is a LOT of grind for some weps, and frames it can be fun or a hassle, just depends on how the RNGods look down upon thee.

-yes, but For now i'd stay away it's still somewhat bugged. PvE is where it's at, you gain really nothing from PvP.

1. Slots. All the slots. Everything else can be gotten ingame with patience and luck.

2. Mastery XP and access to alert missions without the need of a taxi.

3. Find your own endgame. There really isn't any.

4. There is dueling, which is 1v1 and Conclave which is 2v2 fights, but they're very imbalanced and generally come down to who can one shot the other person, or who has the biggest AOE.

As far as tips go, the biggest thing I can say is get rid of the MK-1 asap. Buy a Latron or Braton instead.

Agreed on most points but the weapon choice. Rank everything, only keep the ones you like. :>

Agreed on most points but the weapon choice. Rank everything, only keep the ones you like. :>

It's more for the beginning planets, because the MK-1 is basically a peashooter, it would probably do more damage if you threw the actual gun instead of shooting it, and Latron and Braton are nice and easy for new players to get. Once they're a bit further in and have some cash and resources they can get whatever guns they want. But something heavier hitting than the MK-1 makes the starting plants so much easier.

Edited by DecapitatingJim

1) Buy weapon slots or frame slots.

2) if there's a good reward from alerts you wont have to waste time looking for a taxi.

3) "endgame" so far is just the same game with a bonus.

4) Minimum 2v2 and 1v1 dueling. 

My suggestions as far as frames go is get Rhino, Nova, and Nekros if you can.

Level everything to 30.

Do voids/Dark sectors as much as you can. They give a lot of credits. Survive 15 min at least in survivals to get a void key.

Always try to stay in the vicinity of other people for general reviving purposes. 

There's no such thing as "kill stealing"

Making friends is sort of hard. The forums are a better place to find them in my own experience.

Clans are alright. I would advise finding a smaller clan. They're usually more helpful because they know who you are rather than big clans who probably wont get to know you.

Aim for the head of enemies. Heatshots4daysbruh.

If you need some of the more common mods people will usually give them away for "free". I am one of those people.(You HAVE to trade something. Give them a very common and east to get mod such as fast hands)

Dont buy things from the market with platnium. Everything can be EARNED in game. It's just a matter of time.

That being said, if you do require platnium there are ways to get it. You can trade mods/keys/parts or buy it simply. I suggest you only buy plat when you have a 50% or 75% coupon. 

If you absolutely cannot find a part, just buy it with platnium that you've earned through listed methods. It'll save you the time. With that time you could probably farm more things to sell and earn the plat back.

Those are all the tips I can think of right now. 

Cannot stress enough what one poster said above, Rank everything to 30 before deleting / selling.

Some of the latter weapons are Mastery locked and you will be thankful for the 3,000 Mastery from every weapon even if you no longer own it.

One more thing, read the wikia if you have questions, post questions on the forums if something unclear.  Wikia has most of the information, although sometimes can be outdated.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/WARFRAME_Wiki

My advice would be to get to level 30 on all your starter gear, so you'll be perfectly ready to toss them out and not have to buy (or build, in the case of the Skana) them again later on for mastery rank purposes.

Some more tips you might find useful:
-  Like everybody said, pretty much everything that can be bought from the market can also be earned through patience and hard work in the game. The exceptions, to the best of my knowledge, are all kinds of slots and visual cosmetics (Colour palettes, sentinel cosmetics and Immortal skins). It's your choice on which of these you'd like to buy, but if you're looking on the practical side, go for the slots. Stat-giving cosmetics such as alternate Warframe helmets do not need platinum in order to be obtained.
- Do not expect weapon and Warframe mods to be optional add-ons that ease your game experience. They are absolutely essential as you start advancing to higher-levelled enemies. I know this may be a no-brainer for many, but I know friends who have thought otherwise.

Spend platinum on:

-warframe & weapon slots

-cosmetics

Do not spend platinums on:

-rushing

-market weapons/frames

i strongly suggest you to be patient of the crafting system in this game because it needs hours or days for the weapon to be crafted

and finishing the planet missions will only unlock it and you'd be able to do alerts on those mission and gather helmets/catalyst etc. / you can also try to go with people who've already unlocked the mission.

1. There are the following warframes that are hot in almost any setup: Vauban, Trinity, Nekros, Nova, Nyx, Frost. Having some of them, preferably in the given order - will give you access to advanced content. If possible - get slots for all of them. If not - at least 2-3 should do. Other frames, like Ash or Oberon - you can level and sell without any guilt or remose.
Unless you plan to collect weapons - consider this: 3 for main setup, 3 for backup setup, 3 for leveling setup, 3 for management(like adding two stupid pistols into Akpistol). This makes it 12 slots, you shouldn't get more if you don't want to.

Any platinum beyond that can be spent with this priority: Reactor(for any of the abovementioned frames to make yourself useful)>Catalyst(for a dedicated weapon that you will keep in main setup to make yourself useful)>Cheap fancy stuff(sentinel bling or sugatras)>Purchasing rare\exclusive mods for plat
Really don't bother with colour packs or syandanas. Want syandana - buy one for 0.5$ on steam, Phased Asa. Want colour - pain yourself red.

2. Nothing. This beta has seen 13 updates and there is abosolutely NO reward for completing missions. Yes, it gives you access. But doesn't give you anything in return, and after a while you'd rather use taxi or recruitment for better spending your time. Still, if you have a spare day - won't hurt to complete them, at least to unlock access(blue missions).

3. Constant grind. The only boss so far is Stalker, because he can dispell invulnerabilities. All other "bosses", like Lephantis or Vay Hek... are soloable by Trinity.

4. There isn't. There are people, who exploit warframes, mods and weapons in 2v2 Conclaves. But there is no pvp as an actual gameplay experience. Don't bother.

General tip - leech recruitment. Get invited to some T1-2 Capture\Exterminate, Mobile Defense. It will earn you good cash, some experiece(especially survival and defense)... things that NORMAL missions, even alerts - won't remotely provide.
Use same recruitment for alert taxis - it's rather available. If you need to farm for resources - ask people to taxi you to survival\defense on the planet that has your needed resources.
Once you've settled with some mastery rank and weaponry - farm for Nekros. Search for ODA hosters, get all parts and craft yourself this warframe, buy Fleeting Expertise, buy\find Streamline and Stretch\Overextended and you will be welcome on every single Survival mission, majority of defenses and other missions, regardless of your weapon. And if you want quick XP... do ODD missions. Rest is up to you, you can study trade channel and wiki to find rare mods, farm for them and sell them to restock plat. Or you can wait for 75% sale and invest 10$ to set your up for life. Or you might just get bored.

Q: What should we spend Platinum on? (Occasionally I might buy little platinum) 

Q:Is there anything beneficial by doing all the missions on all the planets?

Q:How’s the end game? Is it a constant grind or do you have like difficult bosses you have to slay etc?

Q:Is there PVP?

A1: Like many have said already - slots. But if you have 40 plat buy one orokin catalist and one orokin reactor. Dont use them right away. Go and get yourself a good starter weapon ( i really like the Latron ) and chase a good frame ( Rhino is good all araund frame tho Nova is also very new player freindly ). Once you get this two items - use the orokin catalist and reactor. This will boost you quite niceley.

A2: Yes there is - for one you get your mastery rank up by finishing each mission for the first time. Getting higher master rank allow you to use better weapons. Also - clearing all the node's on a planet will unlock the Nightmare mode mission ( rare mod reward for each finished Nightmare mode mission ). And lastly - this open your path to new planets and also you can go on any alert mission whitout asking someone to drag you there.

A3: Warframe is all about grind and tweaking your build, frame, weapons. Creating the frame and weapon you want. So the end game is preaty much grind and RNG - but it can be fun.

A4: This is not a PvP game.