Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Idea: Nauyi

ukovalian

This warframe centers around manipulating the environment to the tennos advantage.

Stats:
Health: 90 (270)
Shield: 150 (450)
Armor: 15
Energy: 150 (225)
Speed: 1.2
Stamina: 80
Polarities: 4x=, 1x--, 1xV
Aura: ???

Cosmetics:
Pictures TBA (will take a while). Ruff description: female, smooth flowing skin, tall, thin, blue and white color scheme

Lore:
The singularity project was abandoned when the orokin fled to the void. after many millennia (or how ever long it was) it was discovered by the recovery team and given to the tenno research council (ember/chem, saryn/bio, valkyr/energy, vauban/tenno, excalibur?/orokin) whom completed the design but not with the desired parts (opening the possibility of prime which i have not gotten to yet)

Abilities:
Gravity well- be careful where you tread when Nauyi lays a gravity well on an surface it draws everything towards it creating vantage points and traps (rank effects range and duration)
Gravity clap- look where you’re going tenno, Nauyi can cause the air to collapse into a solid creating an impenetrable wall (rank effects strength and range)
Redirect- place a large gravity field on the corner of a fixed object causing projectiles and light to bend around it (rank effects duration and range)
Gravity flux- watch your enemies fall, when Nauyi cast gravity flux it causes the gravity within a room to rapidly change lifting all the enemies and making them fall towards any surface (rank effects duration)

Alternative abilities:
Zero g- negates the gravity effecting allies allowing them to walk on walls and the ceiling as if they where the floor, when jumping will jump in a straight line till hitting something.(rank effects duration)
Black hole- pulls everything near towards Nauyi dealing moderate damage over time, anyone surviving at the end is rag dolled across the room (rank increases all)

suggestion, criticism, tweaks, and pictures are more then welcome

Edited by ukovalian

Seems like a mix of Booben and Zephyr, with a bit of Mag thrown in for good measure. It's an interesting concept, but not one that I think would work very well.

Also, I initially read the title as Navi and nearly had a heart attack.

Excellent ideas, but...

Gravity well sounds a lot like Vauban's Vortex. Perhaps you should make Gravity Well an instantaneous point-shoot, medium AOE attack - upon release, Gravity well violently compresses the enemy over a short period of time . 

Also, I think "Zero-g" is invading the Zephyr's territory with the implication of aerial attack. Zero-g should release enemies from gravity lock, causing them to float off of the ground (essentially rendering them totally immobile and venerable). It would be more like rhino stop except with a larger AEO, no damage, a longer duration, and no ground tearing.

Lastly, if my suggestion for zero-g was implemented it would make Gravity flux slightly redundant. Redirect sounds like a good replacement. Instead of a placement shield (like Frost and Volt) it should be player projected. A personal bubble extends around the player (possibly allies) the deflects all projectile damage for a short time. Also, I think there should be a name change. "Gravity lens" (derived from gravitational lens) sounds more appropriate given the concurrence of ability names. 

This following suggestions are negotiable... depending on how you see this frame used...

I would also consider lowering the frame's armor to 10; raise the sprint speed too 1.2; lower the health to 90; and raise the shields to 150 (IMO - that would be a unique combination). At level 30, the frame would end up with 270 health, and 450 shields. Once Gravity lens times out, you'd need to be evasive to avoid taking too much damage, despite heavy shielding. 

Edited by YourBusDriver

Excellent ideas, but...

Gravity well sounds a lot like Vauban's Vortex. Perhaps you should make Gravity Well an instantaneous point-shoot, medium AOE attack - upon release, Gravity well violently compresses the enemy over a short period of time . 

Also, I think "Zero-g" is invading the Zephyr's territory with the implication of aerial attack. Zero-g should release enemies from gravity lock, causing them to float off of the ground (essentially rendering them totally immobile and venerable). It would be more like rhino stop except with a larger AEO, no damage, a longer duration, and no ground tearing.

Lastly, if my suggestion for zero-g was implemented it would make Gravity flux slightly redundant. Redirect sounds like a good replacement. Instead of a placement shield (like Frost and Volt) it should be player projected. A personal bubble extends around the player (possibly allies) the deflects all projectile damage for a short time. Also, I think there should be a name change. "Gravity lens" (derived from gravitational lens) sounds more appropriate given the concurrence of ability names. 

I would also consider lowering the frame's armor to 10; lower the health to 85; and raise the shields to 130 (IMO - that would be a unique combination). At level 30, the frame would end up with 255 health, and 450 shields. 

Then it would be Bastille

gravity well is supposed to be something that allows allies to camp on the ceiling making them harder to see

You originally said it draws everything towards it... which is not the best idea considering what vortex used to do... trapping allies for the sake of trolling. 

Being immobile on the ceiling also sounds like a great way to get shot up, besides the fact that not all maps have continuous ceilings. 

Edited by YourBusDriver

You originally said it draws everything towards it... which is not the best idea considering what vortex used to do... trapping allies for the sake of trolling. 

Being immobile on the ceiling also sounds like a great way to get shot up, besides the fact that not all maps have continuous ceilings. 

no it manipulates the gravity so that when you walking to the column made by it you are drawn to the surface of what it was cast onto as if it where the floor you are not immobile, in addition any enemies caught in it will be disoriented for a few seconds and will not get down until the duration ends

no it manipulates the gravity so that when you walking to the column made by it you are drawn to the surface of what it was cast onto as if it where the floor you are not immobile, in addition any enemies caught in it will be disoriented for a few seconds and will not get down until the duration ends

That's a much better explanation, and I can see how it would be used; however, it would be most useful on maps with a wealth of vertical surfaces - which not all maps have. 

You could implement this ability... (combination of Redirect and Black hole)

"Wormhole", or "Warped Shot" - it redirects enemy weapon fire towards other enemies using miniature wormholes which are spontaneously generated around the frame as incoming fire approaches. In addition, it could automatically redirect stray fire from Tenno allies towards enemies. Any weapon fire that hits surfaces is redirected as well.

You could implement this ability... (combination of Redirect and Black hole)

"Wormhole", or "Warped Shot" - it redirects enemy weapon fire towards other enemies using miniature wormholes which are spontaneously generated around the frame as incoming fire approaches. In addition, it could automatically redirect stray fire from Tenno allies towards enemies. Any weapon fire that hits surfaces is redirected as well.

which one would you swap out?

which one would you swap out?

My suggestion seems like it would be a fairly powerful ability, but not a frame breaker. I would swap Wormhole for zero-g. Keeping Gravity well, Gravity clap, and Gravity flux. The Flux seems to be very powerful considering players could send enemies careening into bottomless pits, or into the wake of allied abilities. 

• 2 months later...