Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr's Coloring And Her Immortal Skin

Tsunero

First, it's difficult to make a proper color combination on her because half of her armor will always sport the super bright version of a dark color which does not look good at all in my opinion.

Second, her immortal skin has an uncolorable part on her chest which always stays grey, again, ruining most color combinations.

An example to show both problems:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=250074525

Please fix it :/.

Unfortunately it has been noted before and it'd seem that the artists are too much in love with their uncolorable bits to change them. It was mentioned that they cannot change link those colors but to be honest I don't see how that is impossible.

Edited by RahuStalker

I can't be the only one that is in love with her Immortal Skin.

Criticizing something doesn't mean one hates it. Loving something doesn't mean that we should be blind to its flaws.

@TC: According to Draice, it has to do with how they're lacking color channels to fit in all parts and details they wanted to add. Unfortunately, I find that hard to believe because they can link those parts to one of the existing color channels very easily (it doesn't take magic to do that).

Just look at how detailed Saryn's immortal skin is, and how ALL of her colors are channeled to one of the 4 existing ones. The same applies for Mag's. I find it hardly convincing to say that they can't fit in those grey parts on Rhino, Ash and Valkyr somewhere.

Edited by Casardis

Criticizing something doesn't mean one hates it. Loving something doesn't mean that we should be blind to its flaws.

@TC: According to Draice, it has to do with how they're lacking color channels to fit in all parts and details they wanted to add. Unfortunately, I find that hard to believe because they can link those parts to one of the existing color channels very easily (it doesn't take magic to do that).

Just look at how detailed Saryn's immortal skin is, and how ALL of her colors are channeled to one of the 4 existing ones. The same applies for Mag's. I find it hardly convincing to say that they can't fit in those grey parts on Rhino, Ash and Valkyr somewhere.

This. Plus Valkyr's is not even THAT detailed. They managed to fit all the channels with Excalibur's immortal skin, which even overrides his original uncolorable grey part....

Edit: Just checked, it should totally be fine in the primary color channel....

Edited by Momo93

dat grey part... cant get it to fit in

Going for contrast works.

Dark grey for primary (Classic Saturated), black for secondary (Smoke Colors), then three slightly different vivid colors for the tints (I use infested greens).

Try it with the standard helmet and the feral animations.

Going for contrast works.

Dark grey for primary (Classic Saturated), black for secondary (Smoke Colors), then three slightly different vivid colors for the tints (I use infested greens).

Try it with the standard helmet and the feral animations.

Yeah but it's horrible that we must use one combination to make it nice and not stand out...... I don't care if the artists are butthurt, we have to like it and not them. If I paid plat for the skin then I am justified in wanting full customization with it.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't so much mind the areas on certain Immortal Skins that become unchangeable, at least in most cases. They're always white or gray, which as far as color schemes go, aren't all that intrusive. They're neutrals, afterall. Valkyr's isn't so bad, either. It's not apart of the color scheme as much as it is a ground for the stripes.

My main gripe with Valkyr is the Primary Color being dulled. I have all of the Warframes, Primes excluded, and spend a lot of time on my color schemes. Seeing that I can't stand my weapons to not match my frame, I tend to do everything in the same scheme until I get bored and change everything in one foul swoop again. With Valkyr, it's often difficult to get her to match up with everyone else because of the dulling effect. Even worse, her Bastet Helmet keeps the color at its proper saturation, so no matter what you do, it isn't going to match. Ever. And that's really frustrating. The default and Kara helmets are fine in that regard. Minimally, they need to at least adjust Bastet to match the effects of the frame.