Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Road To Design Council

existentialvoid

Would the devs consider a way, a path for a player who has played the game a fair bit, perhaps reached a certain level, and most importantly shown interest (that is it is based on invitation rather then an automatic), a way to get on the design council?

Perhaps a voucher system by current/active DC member(s) or a level/invitation system or a combination of various things? 

I suspect most people who are in council at the moment will scream and kick at the idea since those who have some form of exclusivity, no matter how small, have a tendency especially in video games, to show the least amount of good will in sharing their 'hard earned' gains - but perhaps some see the merits in a system that promotes those who have played enough or have advanced far enough?

Right now, there's already a system in place for elevating good, productive forumites to the Design Council.  Every month, the devs pick a few people from the forums that routinely post good feedback and add them to the DC.

Edited by Volt_Cruelerz

I will like in, I am rank 15 and have 600+ hours, at the time I did not have the money so I did not buy the foundry's but now I want in. I dont care about the goody's I just want in :( 

it's not about the gameplay hours, but experience on forums and constructive feedback, suggestions.

Would the devs consider a way, a path for a player who has played the game a fair bit, perhaps reached a certain level, and most importantly shown interest (that is it is based on invitation rather then an automatic), a way to get on the design council?

Perhaps a voucher system by current/active DC member(s) or a level/invitation system or a combination of various things? 

I suspect most people who are in council at the moment will scream and kick at the idea since those who have some form of exclusivity, no matter how small, have a tendency especially in video games, to show the least amount of good will in sharing their 'hard earned' gains - but perhaps some see the merits in a system that promotes those who have played enough or have advanced far enough?

I'm going to scream and kick, merely because there's a sticky note around here someplace that describes the process that already exists, and you didn't bother to read it. I don't imagine you posted this with other people in mind, so... yeah.

Not super enthused on the "add more people who don't read things to a group that makes decisions based on reading things".

I'm going to scream and kick, merely because there's a sticky note around here someplace that describes the process that already exists, and you didn't bother to read it. I don't imagine you posted this with other people in mind, so... yeah.

Not super enthused on the "add more people who don't read things to a group that makes decisions based on reading things".

not that we actually decide anything important, but I can understand the frustration...

I looked around, found no such post.

Also, I refer to the second section of my post in response to your 'not super enthused' bit - not that it matters, frankly.

But should such a post exist - be sure to link it for others :)