Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reduced The Xp Boosts Across Dark Sectors.

Halser

I knew it was coming. This thread, it is the first of thousands.

I sure hope people flood the forum with complaints until they revert these changes. No one asked for it, no one wanted it, everyone hates it.

I sure hope people flood the forum with complaints until they revert these changes. No one asked for it, no one wanted it, everyone hates it.

Dude don't generalize and speak for everyo- WTF! This was really an unnecessary change :(

Pluto is now 30% for kills, 25% for specific weapon kills.

It's such a minor nerf there's really no reason to complain. If you do it right that's still 55% more exp (110% with affinity boosters) than what you'd get otherwise. AGAINST INFESTED. Everyone knows infested are the easiest enemies in the game to kill, especially with melee 2.0.

So if you consider 55% bonus exp against the easiest enemies to kill in the game "pointless" then yes, dark sectors are totally pointless.

Pluto is now 30% for kills, 25% for specific weapon kills.

It's such a minor nerf there's really no reason to complain.

you underestimate the complaining powers of people on the internet.

I'm getting out of this Thread before the flood of tears become flames of Stupid.

Edited by OniDarkClown

if the reduction is so minor, why did the change happen in the first place?

It is significant. We had a good way of reducing the grind, and now it has been nerfed for the first time. Dark Sectors were pointless enough before, now why do they even exist?

Some of us will still go to them for perhaps the *gasp* FUN of playing against Infested outside Invasions with lame rewards. Also the Channeling mods can drop there. I really could care less about the XP boosts, I was just happy I could play against Infested outside of those dumb Invasions again.

They're just trying to find a good balance that makes the rewards worth it but not overpowered. 

This Dark Sectors thing is still brand friggin new so I anticipate a bunch more nerfs/buffs/tweaks as the months go on.

'overpowered'?  The rewards were worth it, there was nothing wrong with it.

They're just trying to find a good balance that makes the rewards worth it but not overpowered. 

This Dark Sectors thing is still brand friggin new so I anticipate a bunch more nerfs/buffs/tweaks as the months go on.

Thing is, Dark Sectors were already "worth it" but not overpowered.

Now they've been nerfed, making them underpowered.

And this is why we need test servers for Founders, or some group of players. So the "final product" (read: a more polished model released to the public) isn't such a mess, and so we can avoid unnecessary strife like this. Our constructive energies could be channeled in a more positive way if the models and modes we are given didn't seem so unbaked, so to speak.

Edited by Noble_Cactus

Why the nerf?  Were people ranking up their equipment too quickly?  Or did it compete with the XP booster and thus the money stream?

What's the point of the Dark Sectors now?  The only advantage I see is somewhere that may or may not be vs infested, entirely depending on which point in a 72 hour cycle it is.

Reducing the health of the rails was a good idea to allow speedy removal of conflicted status, but reducing the XP bonuses?  Why?  Did you stealth-nerf drop rates on certain prime gear again too?