Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Problem With Auras And Their Polarities

Quorinus

As I have been looking through my existing Warframes and Auras I have noticed there is a large amount of Warframes with a V polarity. I went on the wiki and found out that 12 of the 24 existing Warframes(Primes included) have a V polarity, 5 Warframes have a D polarity, 5 Warframes have a bar polarity, and 2 warframes have no Aura polarity. However there are 3 V Aura Mods, 3 D Aura Mods and 10 bar Aura Mods. This seems a bit unbalanced if you ask me and it's a problem. Now you might say that this doesn't really matter because you can just use a Forma and fix it and I'll agree you can just use a Forma but some of the Warframes with a V polarity would make more sense with a different polarity, I'll use Rhino as an example because he's the one the stands out the most, his polarity is a V however he tends to be portrayed as a tanky and defensive Warframe, so why shouldn't he have a D polarity? Now I don't think that Digital Extremes needs to readjust some old Warframes(I think they should but don't need to) they could fix this issue by simply adding more V and D Aura Mods, like a V that increases power strength or a D that increases they revival rate, anything like that. For all I know DE might already be working this out but if they aren't I want to point it out to them. Anyway I'd just like to know what other people think about the Auras and I really hope DE comes across this at some point.

It also brings up the question of how useful the existing auras are. As it stands I myself use either Energy Siphon, Rejuvenation, Steel Charge, or Rifle Amp. Out of the six-teen aura mods available I use four. If the current ones were possibly increased even just slightly I may be more inclined to use them. I'm not saying that the other ones are completely useless just a bit under powered. Infested Impedance is a good example of this. If we have four people in a group all using it, it's very worth it but I tend to solo frequently making such an aura obsolete.

It also brings up the question of how useful the existing auras are. As it stands I myself use either Energy Siphon, Rejuvenation, Steel Charge, or Rifle Amp. Out of the six-teen aura mods available I use four. If the current ones were possibly increased even just slightly I may be more inclined to use them. I'm not saying that the other ones are completely useless just a bit under powered. Infested Impedance is a good example of this. If we have four people in a group all using it, it's very worth it but I tend to solo frequently making such an aura obsolete.

I don't know if it's even that the other auras compared to the main four that are used are underpowered, but moreso that they simply do not meet the same level of utility as the four you mentioned. This is also the same underlying reason why Carrier is such a widely used sentinel, or why the frames with utility are chosen over the frames with damage in long defense/survival runs.

Aura Mods for the V and D polarity with more utility could be added, the bar polarity only means misc. not utility so it's possible in the future that we will see offensive Auras with utility like power efficiency or duration.

Auras are fine as they are and you have to ability to change it to customize your frame.

All I'm saying is that most auras can't compete with the generally used ones. I'll use Physique as an example this time. It has a very good ability but It severely lacks when in comparison to Rejuvenation. I'd Much rather have health regenerate over time then have a little more health points that become useless on higher scale levels.

There are more or less useful auras. I only use:

Valkyr: Steel charge (du'h)

Excalibur: Enemy radar (for solo stealth play) and rejuvination (for solo hardcore play)

Trinity: Physique or infested impedence (becomes useful as I've already covered energy and health resupply) and speed holster.

Vauban: Energy siphon (For the bouncies tee hee!) and enemy radar (for planning ahead)

The ammo scavenger mods are completely obsolete with the release of the ammo mutation mods, personally I think they should remove those as it makes conserving ammo usage unneccessary on all but the most blasty weapons. (dex furis for instance)

As for the faction ones, corrosive projection and shield disruption lowers their defences while infested impedence lowers their offense, and personally I think people are more concerned about their well being than their enemies quicker demise with weapons that are not effective against them in the first place.

The polarities are definitely the least of our worries. All they provide are additional mod points, which means it all operates the same as any other polarity in a warframe (to which you would use Forma to add or change). Some frames will obviously have a slightly higher starting advantage to a matching polarity, but its mostly irrelevant if it's a frame you always use.

Usefulness is the real problem because I have all of them and really only use Energy Siphon. Now I'm not one to preach about needing some innate ability to regen energy, because it really makes no difference, but even after the fact I only consider Rifle Amp and Steel Charge nearly as useful. If they converted just about any other mod, they would be inherently more useful than most of the auras in game now. I guess we can hope they'll start offloading some of these things into the future Focus system proposed.