Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Issue With The New Rolling Dodge Move In U13

Retro050

EDIT: I just wanted to make this clear; When i talk about "rolling" or "rolling dodge" I'm refering to the movement you do when you briefly press shift and your warframe does a front flip on the ground.

Update 13 brang tons of new exiting content and revamped stuff (like the melee system or vay hek rework) and that was a good thing. But U13 also completely screwed up the roll dodge move.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The roll dodge (when you press shift and roll):

what they changed: - Rolling distance decreased by about 35%

- Rolling time increased by about 0.25 seconds

- New Rolling animation that is worst than the old.

My issue about it: dodging by rolling in U12 wasnt very useful/required because how tanky warframes were (and still are). But when you become good at warframe, you realise there are some situations where rolling was very, very useful. for instance when an enemy threw a grenade at you, you simply had to press shift and could dodge it like a ninja and feel badass. Or when you rolled to cover, it saved you from taking some damage in style.

With U13, the massive nerfs Rolling suffered made it nearly useless. You can hardly dodge enemy grenades now, and cant quickly get to cover with a roll now because of the crappy distance it closes between you and the cover and how long it takes to close it. The ONLY use it has now is making you immune to Knock down, which is useful against heavy gunners if you can time it right. But you could do that in U12 too.

In conclusion, Rolling is now pretty useless and DE needs to remove the changes that were done to it. This will only make Warframe more fun and make it feel like the ninja-like game it is supposed to be.

I'd like to know if I'm not the only one who thinks this, post your opinion below in hope that a DE admin will see this post and bring back the old rolling move!

Edited by darkunit050

Along with this, I'd be really happy if you didn't need to burn stamina to run. Right now if you want to melee you either burn half your frame mod slots on stamina mods or you'll spend most of your time slowly walking towards your enemy, because three melee attacks burn your stamina completely.

I think the old roll still works when your using a gun. (Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong I may be imagining it) I only noticed a change in the roll animation when actively using my melee weapon, and most of the time blocking seems to work better than rolling. (damage reflecting the Fusion Moa's laser is awesome, and blocking Fire from the Scorches Flamethrowers!)

Edited by BrotherJudas008

@brotherJudas008 you cannot shoot while rolling; in fact you can't do anything while rolling. with U13 rolling is now a crowd-control canceling move and not the ninja movement move that could be used to actualy dodge stuff.

@noble cactus I dont think that you should NEED a mod to make rolling useful. Instead i think it should be an ability that all warframes have. But having an extra mod slot on warframes that is dedicated to warframes movement mods could be interesting. (a slot where only mods like maglev or rush could be installed)

Edited by darkunit050

I didn't say you could shoot and roll, sorry if I said something confusing. I thought that the issue was the roll animation and distance, and I'm pretty sure while equipped with a gun the roll is the old one, (the longer distance one) but once you equip your sword the roll changes. But as I said i could be imagining that and currently cannot check.

Fair enough.

Do the current animations for rolling with guns look different than the one with swords then? Or am I going mad?

Also, as to your earlier point then, the speed and distance could do with looking at again maybe to fix the discrepancy with our Tennos sudden lessened ability to roll forward.

Back off topic, I wish that when you Parry the missiles then didnt just explode anyway, (they do no damage as long as you have stamina but thats not the point), I'd like to swat them aside. Or even better run along the missile and throw it back at the Bombard, a la Snake from Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes on the Gamecube, when he fights Liquid Snake in the Hind Helicopter.

Edited by BrotherJudas008