Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Endgame: My Personal Message To De

Papa_Nuk_Nuk

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/63428-cells-endgame-is-here-updated/

Of all endgame ideas, I'd have to say this caught my attention the most.^^ Go check that out.

I've been playing this game since Ember's ult was worse than her 2, since before Frost and Nyx, since before Ambulas, back when Arn Etina was in game, etc.  Obviously, with so much playtime, I've become a relatively "endgame" player, running around with my 5-forma Boltor Prime ripping anything I come across to shreds, playing the game for the fun of gaming with buddies and whatnot.  

I really, originally loved this game because of the challenge.  We got to fight hard enemies and use cool tactics to kill them, and challenge ourselves.  We got to fight our way from the Inner Terminus at Mercury to the Outer Terminus at Pluto along the Solar Rail Network.  We got to learn how to use new weapons and warframes and build them to destroy our enemies.  Now, there is simply no challenge devoid of a grind in this game.  The challenge isn't killing Hek, it's grinding the beacons to do so.  The challenge wasn't killing Lephantis, it was getting to him.  The challenge wasn't getting the giant shield core to the extract, it was helping the tons of new players try and usually fail to do an Interception, where the only way to win was to bring a Nova with max Overextended and Stretch or 3.

Now, I feel like the challenge has been converted into a time-based commitment rather than a difficulty-based commitment.  We don't call it "Warfarm" for no reason.

Yes, I understand that as we got stronger, the enemies became weaker in comparison.  Yes, I understand that we found those "OP" ways of doing things, like bringing a Trinity for Invulnerability for days, or bringing a Rhino to stomp Lephantis.  Yes, I realize that there's no way to make a static enemy a challenge for me without making it impossible to kill for newbie Joe over there.  But that doesn't mean there's nothing that can be done.  This is a list of what I feel DE should consider adding to the game.  Knowing them, they'll definitely take a look and decide, as they are the best devs on this planet.  Yeah, I might kinda rant, but I'll try not to.

First of all: Cells

Like stated above, are a great idea.  Not everything he said is absolute, but I ask that any DE out there give it a good, long, look and be honest about it, like they have done so admirably so far.

Second of all: Enemy Scaling

There has to be a way to scale enemies based on our own weapon/warframe levels.  I know Stalker does.  Also, the conclave rating has to be useful somehow.

Third of all: Creative, not frustrating, enemies.

I want enemies to become more creative in attacks.  There are a lot of enemies, but not a lot of real tropes of them.  Most are just variations of the "do damage" type.  Where are our supports (Leaders helped a little).  Getting knocked down by a shield lancer and getting mobbed isn't "difficult", it's "frustrating".  Yeah, it's hard.  No, it's not the challenge we want to see.  Maybe they can actually defend enemies and enemies turtle behind them (they do, to an extent).  Maybe they can relocate positions like we do, but defend themselves while moving?  Maybe we can have some sort of way to dodge the shield bash other than rolling or moving (I haven't tested out blocking them yet with melee 2.0).  Enemies should also be able to melee better, right?  The heavy gunners should be able to follow up on their first melee's with more damaging combos, and have us block to deflect or something.

Fourth of all: Parkour

The system is there, the walls aren't.  Making it a normal part of traversing the terrain, the rule rather than the exception, would be awesome.  Motion is our shield and our sword, let us move.

Fifth of all: Exploring

Some of us want to hunt for the secrets in the Orokin Towers.  Let us.  Make a sort of "Raid" mission where we hack consoles to open red doors(I know some are locked because of overlapping tiles) and keep hunting till we find some big treasure/parkour rooms, then let us do them for prime parts and rare mods (excluding Warframe power mods, just make those common or something).  RNG is slightly alleviated and we have a new game mode and time sink.  Do the same "hack to unlock" for ships, and reward us for it every once in a while with new art, tiles, enemies, mods, kewl places on the map, etc.

Sixth of all: The grind is real

I complain, but I don't know how to fix it.  Maybe a token system and the new Orokin Tech rooms?  Also, the resource and everything farm a lot of us complain about is an endgame thing.  The silent majority disagrees, as newbs will collect so many things when they're focusing on other things.  Nav points, for example.  Somethings, however, are needed before farming, like certain mods and whatnot.

Seventh of all: How the hell do I change the statue from Loki in my trophy room?

Eight of all:Damage Creep/Damage in General

Each weapon should be effective in many situations.  My recommendation would be to remove Damage+ mods entirely but buff every weapon's base damage by a bit (bunch).  Let those utility mods be more effective.  Or just give us more mod slots and make enemies stronger.  Reward us for accuracy and make CC effects more common, so putting elements on weapons would actually do something.  Make the game a little more oriented towards precision and reward planning/skillshotting.  (As much as I hate to say it) Nerf some weapons (Boltor Prime, Soma needs forma to be OP), buff some a little, but keep the mastery requirements.  Do the same for Warframes, as in make them a little more role-oriented, despite the fact they do pretty well already.  Perhaps modify their skills to synergize, rather than just be.

That pretty much sums up all I can think of.  I'd like to take a moment to thank you guys for a spectacular game, and ask that you keep it going, alive, and flourishing.  The road so far has been the most scenic so far, and I hope that in the end, we get to where we want to be!

tl;dr: Warframe's not challenging, etc, here are stuff I suggest you doing.  etc.

Rather than remove serration, hornet strike, and pressure point, (and dont forget point blank) I'd like to see it become a costless mod in an aura (or 'damage') slot. It wouldn't help the weapon, it should just be there. It frees up a mod slot and let's us have fun with a weapon from the get-go. Think stance without extra mod points.

I don't really agree with tokens. It would ruin prime trading and would take a lot of the RNG out of the game. That RNG is important, but it shouldn't be frustrating. Why not lower probabilities of duplicates in endless missions, and make Defense missions give rewards from previous waves too? (Ex: Get a Paris prime upper limb, upper limb is taken out of RNG for the remainder of that mission)

I agree with a lot of your post however. +1.

Rather than remove serration, hornet strike, and pressure point, (and dont forget point blank) I'd like to see it become a costless mod in an aura (or 'damage') slot. It wouldn't help the weapon, it should just be there. It frees up a mod slot and let's us have fun with a weapon from the get-go. Think stance without extra mod points.

I don't really agree with tokens. It would ruin prime trading and would take a lot of the RNG out of the game. That RNG is important, but it shouldn't be frustrating. Why not lower probabilities of duplicates in endless missions, and make Defense missions give rewards from previous waves too? (Ex: Get a Paris prime upper limb, upper limb is taken out of RNG for the remainder of that mission)

I agree with a lot of your post however. +1.

Good to know I'm not the only one who feels this way. I'm somewhat split over prime tokens and the aura for damage mods seems like a good idea.

I'd like to see non-DPS increasing mods on weapons be in something like a stance or special customization slots.

Make any mod that does not directly increase DPS as a customization mod; base damage increasing mods become stances.

Ammo Drum, Eagle Eye, Hush, Rifle Ammo Mutation, Rifle Aptitude, Stabilizer, and Vile Precision.

2 unique open slots for these 7 mods, choose wisely.

As for serration and the like, I'd like to see Serration, Heavy Caliber, Split Chamber, and Point Strike as stances or techniques.

This would help flatten the current absurd damage output, due to selecting only ONE base damage increaser. Of course re-balancing Point Strike and Serration/Heavy Caliber as needed.

Also, if multishot could use extra shots when it proc's that would be great.

Edited by KrazyKrl

Cells

Of all endgame ideas, I'd have to say this caught my attention the most.^^ Go check that out.

---

tl;dr: Warframe's not challenging, etc, here are stuff I suggest you doing.  etc.

Hi Sadisticnerd,

Thanks for the Cells shoutout, and for keeping the conversation about endgame alive and constructive.

I'm the OP of the Cells thread. DE is aware of the concept and they are definitely looking into a quest mechanic in WF, even hinting at the upcoming Proxy Wars as such. Like you, I've become increasingly let down by lack of new challenges, even as our arsenal and reinforcements grow in power. New content such as Dark Sectors, Invasions and Derelicts have not introduced any new hills for our seemingly omnipotent Tenno to summit.

Even more frustratingly, new enemy types such as the Prosecutors rely on RNG(?!?!?!) instead of skill for their weakness, and leader units bring unavoidable energy drains/AoEs instead of skill/strategic challenges.

We can only hope that DE realizes their ongoing series of missteps, and comes to terms with what endgame and challenge mean to veteran players.*

*new/mid-level players don't need to face addl challenge.

Edited by notionphil

Hi Sadisticnerd,

Thanks for the Cells shoutout, and for keeping the conversation about endgame alive and constructive.

I'm the OP of the Cells thread. DE is aware of the concept and they are definitely looking into a quest mechanic in WF, even hinting at the upcoming Proxy Wars as such. Like you, I've become increasingly let down by lack of new challenges, even as our arsenal and reinforcements grow in power. New content such as Dark Sectors, Invasions and Derelicts have not introduced any new hills for our seemingly omnipotent Tenno to summit.

Even more frustratingly, new enemy types such as the Prosecutors rely on RNG(?!?!?!) instead of skill for their weakness, and leader units bring unavoidable energy drains/AoEs instead of skill/strategic challenges.

We can only hope that DE realizes their ongoing series of missteps, and comes to terms with what endgame and challenge mean to veteran players.*

*new/mid-level players don't need to face addl challenge.

Hey!  I'm glad you found this post, and I really hope the cells are implemented.  They sound extremely well thought-out and have lots of potential.

Thanks for the support, and as I said to the other guy, I'm glad I'm not the only one out there who thinks this way.  I wouldn't exactly call DE's actions an "ongoing series of missteps", but I'd certainly say they could have been done more effectively.  Hindsight may be 20/20, but DE has the power to correct any perceived mistakes.