The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Logical Pricing? De Please Review Weapon Costs.

Z3ROWOLFHD

Lets take for example, Skana vs. Dual Skana

(All Info and charts taken from the Warframe Wikia)

Please do not bash me for using Skana as an example.

Skana:

Market Price: 150

BP Costs:

15,000 Credits
750 Salvage
500 Plastids
1,100 Alloy Plate
3 Morphics

Dual Skana:

Market Price: 130 (Was 125 before U12-13, DE knew about this and tried to ninja change it)

BP Costs:

20,000 Credits

2 Morphics

300 Polymer Bundle

850 Ferrite

300 Alloy Plate

Couple Reasons Wrong With this:

A: I'm using different materials to make the same thing, and just adding the extra blade. Why not increase costs by, oh lets throw a number here and say an extra 1/3rd of its single counterpart? Is it that Tenno people working in the foundry in some place, don't know how to make a smaller blade out of the same materials that's used to make a bigger blade?

B: Why does it cost me more plat, for less sword? Why would I buy a Skana when I can buy Dual Skana, and get more blade. (As I said, please do not bash me for using Skana for an example, I understand why no one should buy weapons/buy Skana, just trying to get point across.)

DE, please go over market costs and re-balance them. Its just really "unprofessional" (Is this the right word to use?) in my eyes.

On the topic of dual wielding things, why does it take me 12-24 hours and a Orokin Cell to be able to hold more than one pistol? I know this has been a problem and I think that this needs to be on the list of things need fixing. (See: Forma'ing a weapon for the dual wield version of it to be released months later)

Edited by Z3ROWOLFHD

People have asked for fairer prices for both crafting and buying weapons for plat. I'm not trying to be a jerk here but let's face it, DE's never gonna do it : (

The difficult thing with this topic is, is it that hard to change a few numbers in the code and in turn making prices fairer? (Or is it not that easy to code) If its easy to do why is it so difficult to fix it?

For a skana, I think the high price is for discouraging you from buying it with platinum.

You can easily build these sword in a foundry cheaply.

You fail to read the entire post. I said I was ""Please do not bash me for using Skana as an example"" Also See: ""(As I said, please do not bash me for using Skana for an example, I understand why no one should buy weapons/buy Skana, just trying to get point across.)""

You seriously need to read better.

Edited by Z3ROWOLFHD

You fail to read the entire post. I said I was ""Please do not bash me for using Skana as an example"" Also See: ""(As I said, please do not bash me for using Skana for an example, I understand why no one should buy weapons/buy Skana, just trying to get point across.)""

You seriously need to read better.

he wasn't bashing at all he was saying something nicely

For a skana, I think the high price is for discouraging you from buying it with platinum.

You fail to read the entire post. I said I was ""Please do not bash me for using Skana as an example"" Also See: ""(As I said, please do not bash me for using Skana for an example, I understand why no one should buy weapons/buy Skana, just trying to get point across.)""

Please read more thoroughly.

Exactly, I think that the prices are slightly inflated JUST to discourage people from going wild with plats in the market.  Call it stupid if you want, but if they wanted people to buy things at the drop of a hat do you think that they would be selling the "What stalker?" pack for 800? or the "Update 13 megapack" for 700?  or even... well you get the idea.

Edit:  I don't think he was bashing but agreeing in a different manner in stating that the prices ARE a little high though he thinks that there is a reason as to WHY, that reasing being... they don't want you to go crazy in the market and then kill the game for yourself.

Edited by Sibarian

he wasn't bashing at all he was saying something nicely

He didn't read it enough. HE failed to read the part where I said I was only using Skana as an example. I ALSO SAID CLEARLY I understand why someone should never buy Skana/Dual Skana for plat in the market because of this reason.

He didn't read it enough. HE failed to read the part where I said I was only using Skana as an example. I ALSO SAID CLEARLY I understand why someone should never buy Skana/Dual Skana for plat in the market because of this reason.

that's not a bash... that's saying it nicely, and even if you said DON'T bash about I am going to say this now. It is not bashing to talk about skanas it is apart of the market, and therefore we can talk about it. You never said any part, piece, or function of this market is off limits to be spoken about only that we cannot bash. Chill out. We understand there is an issue, but at the moment you have to realize in the game we can build it all, and buying is an option that supports DE, and feeds them, and makes more updates.

Edited by Arlayn

The difficult thing with this topic is, is it that hard to change a few numbers in the code and in turn making prices fairer? (Or is it not that easy to code) If its easy to do why is it so difficult to fix it?

I think you misunderstood friend. I wasn't implying they didn't know HOW to lower the prices, I was implying that they are REFUSING to lower them.