Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"god Mode" Should Be A Skill, Not A Single Button.

RebornNemesis

my support frame is supporting too much. These skills are doing what they were meant to do too well. Game is broke, fix it DE.

I will never understand why people complain about something being strong in a PvE game

90 minute Survivals in T3 due to Trinity making the entire party invincible with 100% uptime? Yea that's not game breaking or anything..

This is very surreal to me : )

You can't do a very long survival or defense without a Trinity with blessing... why? because at level 150+ you will get one shotted no mater what you use, and on defense even with bless on, one rocket will hit you and one shot the Cryopod if you are standing next to it for example.

If you forget about activating blessing for a split second everyone is dead. This ability is essential for the "real high end game" no matter how much armor, shield or health you have it's all a baloney. 

Spend 2 to 3 hours in survival or defense and see a 450+ heavy gunner with millions of health and figure out how to kill it, at this level it's about how to kill the enemy not how to stay alive.

Please stop talking about nerfing this or that because at high level it's a different game.

Cheers.

Maybe that's because people weren't really meant to go that long. It's an obvious abuse of mechanics and anyone who thinks otherwise is either clueless, or afraid they won't be able to do 4 hour Survivals anymore. I mean really, what the hell is the point when everyone is invincible the entire game, it's the dumbest S#&$ ever.

Ok, seriously, stop this.

Defensive powers are not "god mode".

To quote wikipedia: "In health-based video gamesgod modeinfinite health or infinite life, is a game mechanic or cheat that prevents the playing character from being harmed, sustaining damage and ultimately, dying.[1] By contrast, invincibility or invulnerability is a usually temporary[2] instance of this effect, "

So, by definition, Trinity's Blessing power isn't "God mode" and neither are these other powers. There's a legitimate discussion to be had about whether or not combining Blessing with Corrupted duration increases and some form of energy regen is overpowered or not, but it's not possible to have that discussion while people are erroneously slinging the term 'god mode' around. 

Also, Chaos, Stomp, Vortex, and M. Prime aren't even defensive powers. 

if i can press a button/ability which causes me to not get shot or not die, then thats as close to godmode as is needed.

Judging by all the +1s the OP is getting, even in subsequent posts, I'm pretty sure anyone opposing a nerf to Blessing is simply in the butthurt boat about nerfing anything.

You've got 2 people viewing this thread.  People who want balance, and people who never want to nerf anything ever for any reason whatsoever...even if it can't logically be defended, like Blessing.

Nerfs aren't the end of the world.  Blessing needs one.

I can't really think of anything better than cooldowns on ults.

When you have a powerful ability that you can only use once in a while, it feels satisfying to use it.

When you can use it any moment you want, it feels like the enemies pose no challenge.

Until someone comes up with a better solution, cooldowns have all my support.

Though, we have to remember that introduction of cooldowns should come alongside approppriate buffs to certain lacking ults.

Cooldowns would work.  Cooldowns always work...in EVERY game.

Trolls would rise up and smite logical arguments for cooldowns in Warframe with flames and rage.

Sadly, cooldowns will not be implemented in Warframe until those people grow up or leave...which will take time either way.

Edited by Thaumatos

Judging by all the +1s the OP is getting, even in subsequent posts, I'm pretty sure anyone opposing a nerf to Blessing is simply in the butthurt boat about nerfing anything.

You've got 2 people viewing this thread.  People who want balance, and people who never want to nerf anything ever for any reason whatsoever...even if it can't logically be defended, like Blessing.

I must disagree here. There are more than just two groups. There are also two more people that support and oppose nerfing something:

There is the person that is angry at the fact that he/she played a match with said warframe and they were not able to in some way best a specific warframe. They then go to the forums and cry/tantrum until that warframe gets nerfed into unsuitability. While most of these people tantrum about Nova, I notice Blessing also becomes a common topic.

Finally, there is also the person that opposes a nerf to a warframe because the suggestions they see, from which they assume DE may take parts, are completely counter-productive or non-intuitive.

I know this because I fall into the latter category. I would love for many warframe abilities to be restructured in a more logical fashion, but DE will likely read many suggestions on such a thing and then take their own spin from suggestions they see the most... I'll be honest, the suggestions for Trinity's Blessing on average involve taking away either range or duration from Blessing, and that's it. Base on that, it would likely result in Blessing losing both duration AND range. That is not balance. That takes something that is extremely powerful and making it useless.

This is why I suggested a complete rework: 

- 3 second fixed invulnerability (not affected by duration mods)

- A scaling health+shield regeneration over time (affected by strength and duration mods)

- A scaling buff to health+shield+armour (affected by strength and duration mods)

- Infinite range, as it has currently.

The suggestion I provided offers the opportunity for Blessing to still be viable even at the hardest difficulties, but not make people throw away all semblance of reason because they are invincible for 30 seconds. Teammates have a brief of invulnerability to run for cover, but not enough to think they are rambo. Trinity can be the healer she was meant to be and remain integral on high difficulties, but not silly god-mode.

Edited by Angelus_de_Mortiel

Nerfs aren't the end of the world.  Blessing needs one.

Cooldowns would work.  Cooldowns always work...in EVERY game.

Trolls would rise up and smite logical arguments for cooldowns in Warframe with flames and rage.

Sadly, cooldowns will not be implemented in Warframe until those people grow up or leave...which will take time either way.

lol, cooldowns are the lamest thing introduced in boring MMOs to balance S#&$ty gameplay in order to try to balance bad PvP concepts and stupid choregraphics boss fights.

That's not the point in Warframe !!!!!! Warframe is a shooter, not a simili point and click WoW clone, go back to your cooldowns games if it works for you, but don't try to dilute and slowdown the Warframe concept please.

lol, cooldowns are the lamest thing introduced in boring MMOs to balance S#&$ty gameplay in order to try to balance bad PvP concepts and stupid choregraphics boss fights.

That's not the point in Warframe !!!!!! Warframe is a shooter, not a simili point and click WoW clone, go back to your cooldowns games if it works for you, but don't try to dilute and slowdown the Warframe concept please.

Sure, being immortal all the time makes this game so FAST and EXCITING.

I don't say that. But the blessing is what it is, he's usable and not nerfed.

Endgame already is like that : you reach a point where everything one shot any frame, even rhino with full iron skin. The only way to fight those mobs is : stealth or invulnerablity. There's also the option to disarm, radial blind and chaos everything. None of these methods is a garanted success, you always meet the possibility to take a lost bullet/fire/blast radius (insta down), not disarm/blind the full map and so being vulnerable to far shot, being targeted by a "chaosed" mob, perma knock downed and not able to cast blessing in time (wipe)...(I forgot the "disrupted" hazard also...)

I like this "endgame' and I'm not the only one, it'll certainly be more interresting to reach these goal (long run etc...) without blessing, but blessing is created AND allowed by DE, so it's legitimate to use ATM.

I'm not against a "nerf" but in doing that you'll lock the actual content, does DE could take the risk to loose the hardcore part of it's audience ?

Edited by Zkorp

I don't say that. But the blessing is what it is, he's usable and not nerfed.

Endgame already is like that : you reach a point where everything one shot any frame, even rhino with full iron skin.

This is not endgame. This is the player artificially creating a challenge that should have never have been obtained due to the already powerful abilities such as the ones you have mentioned. DE has never balanced the scaling of later enemies past level 40's. As such, It is a scaling that the player should not be finding because the sole purpose of modes survival and defense is to leave when you have reached their limit. Unfortunately, abilities such as the one trinity possesses or old abilities like pre-nerfed snow globe allowed people to fully explore inane enemy levels.

The true risk is players imagining that an endgame exists past the enemy balance levels, wondering in fear that the abilities that got them that far will be put to an end in a time that warframe has been declared by DE as beta.

So 

This is not endgame. This is the player artificially creating a challenge that should have never have been obtained due to the already powerful abilities such as the ones you have mentioned. DE has never balanced the scaling of later enemies past level 40's.

So what I heard about DE planning on adding T4 keys is false?

So 

So what I heard about DE planning on adding T4 keys is false?

Perhaps they intend to balance and change enemy levels when T4 keys come out. You don't know that, I don't know that. The only one that does know is DE and perhaps us when they decide to show us information like that.

when you have 6 formas synapse, 5 forma boltor prime/marelok, maxed corrupted mods, and all your mains warframes able to host any mods : the so-called intended DE level 35-40 is not enough...

this is not the player who have created that, DE had let the enemies scales infinitely and some players like that, a lot...

when you have 6 formas synapse, 5 forma boltor prime/marelok, maxed corrupted mods, and all your mains warframes able to host any mods : the so-called intended DE level 35-40 is not enough...

this is not the player who have created that, DE had let the enemies scales infinitely and some players like that, a lot...

Yes DE scaled the enemies, but this was to test how far you can handle yourself as the enemies get tougher and tougher. Using abilities such as the one we're discussing, that removes the damage from the equation, removes the a serious aspect of challenge from the equation as well. Without the damage, you can't see how much you can take so there's this illusion that you guys can go far in survival.

"Endgame already is like that : you reach a point where everything one shot any frame, even rhino with full iron skin."

The removal of abilities like these would mean the end of survival extension and you would now see it how this game mode is really supposed to be. The game mode would gauge how much offense you can dish out, but how much defense you can show as well. I believe that is a necessary step to making this game better overall. Whether or not people enjoy this aspect of the game, it is something players choose to bring upon themselves because they choose to bypass that challenge.

Edited by Darkmoone1