Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Just Put Stances In The Survival Drop Tables Already

Duralumin

I'm still struggling to believe that DE had the nerve to put a significant part of a desperately needed rework entirely in the hands of RNG, rather than simply tying them to mastery rank. The amount of grinding you need to do to obtain any but like four of the stances is atrocious.

I just came out of a 35 minute survival on Pluto, and the only things I got of note were a void key and a single Reaping Spiral (of which I already have seven).

After about a combined 7 or so hours total of regular/dark sector Pluto survival runs, plus about an hour of Grineer survival runs, I now have nine Fracturing Winds, seven Reaping Spirals and one Iron Phoenix.

Get terrible mods like Stabilizer and Steady Hands out of the survival drop tables. Nobody is gonna use it apart from parkisons sufferers. It holds zero value in the trading economy too.

Get non-rare mods entirely out of the tables. They serve no purpose whatsoever outside of clutter.

Of course, an even BETTER alternative to putting them as a high-chance drop in the survival tables, would be to add them as mastery/leveling rewards.

Two ways of implementing this are:

- For every mastery rank a person has, they can pick two stance mods of their choice

- Upon getting a melee weapon to 30, you're rewarded with a stance mod that matches the polarity of the weapon. This can be done multiple times through forma or extra weapon copies.

Edited by Duralumin

Seems like this will never happen but I agree that these stance mods are a pain to collect. I just went through about 40 void keys trying to get a staff mod and came out with ONE whip mod that doesn't even change what I hated about the whips (the third attack in the regular combo). I can't even tell you how many mercury survival runs i went through to try and get Crimson Dervish from bombards and never got it. I have only gotten about 3 or 4 stance mods duplicates from it.

Ugh, have you tried transmuting them? Repeatedly?

Not once, you'll be frustrated with the 4 rares into a thief's wit or something idiotic like that but rare is rare. There used to be a brief period where rares dropped like nobody's business, but well........ good times are over. Frankly, RNG can be annoying for mods but they do serve a purpose to string out drops over time and consider other avenues of mod acquisition ie transmutation and trade.

As for stances rarity, I think this update could have benefitted from DE making a really common (again, read COMMON) stance mod and giving it out to players as an introduction to Melee 2.0. Grinding comes with the game and although it can get out of hand, does serve a purpose.

Take a deep breath and eat some ice cream or something and go start another game. Good luck

As for stances rarity, I think this update could have benefitted from DE making a really common (again, read COMMON) stance mod and giving it out to players as an introduction to Melee 2.0. Grinding comes with the game and although it can get out of hand, does serve a purpose.

No point in making a really common stance mod.  You only need one of each, and they don't exactly have many ranks.  They'll just become more useless clutter on the drop tables, like Tail Wind, Slash Dash, and a bunch of the sentinel mods.

What they should do is put the uncommon ones up for sale for credits in the market.  Vary the price, with long sword (believe that's what Skana uses) being the cheapest (10k or so), while the katana ones would be the most expensive (100k).  Boom, anyone can get a stance for their weapon type of choice.  The uncommon ones can still drop where they do, so people don't have to buy them all.  And the rares would be fine as well.

Edited by Axterix13

Not once, you'll be frustrated with the 4 rares into a thief's wit or something idiotic like that but rare is rare. There used to be a brief period where rares dropped like nobody's business, but well........ good times are over. Frankly, RNG can be annoying for mods but they do serve a purpose to string out drops over time and consider other avenues of mod acquisition ie transmutation and trade.

Take a deep breath and eat some ice cream or something and go start another game. Good luck

I'm disgusted that they put the bulk of a desperately needed rework as a series of 1% or less drops from enemies that don't even spawn in numbers anywhere CLOSE to numerous unless you go for half-hour survival runs.

It is not acceptable in any way or form.

Edited by Duralumin

No point in making a really common stance mod.  You only need one of each, and they don't exactly have many ranks.  They'll just become more useless clutter on the drop tables, like Tail Wind, Slash Dash, and a bunch of the sentinel mods.

What they should do is put the uncommon ones up for sale for credits in the market.  Vary the price, with long sword (believe that's what Skana uses) being the cheapest (10k or so), while the katana ones would be the most expensive (100k).  Boom, anyone can get a stance for their weapon type of choice.  The uncommon ones can still drop where they do, so people don't have to buy them all.  And the rares would be fine as well.

Well, you only need one mod of anything so at somepoint (like a million years into the future), even tranquil cleave or whatever rare will be useless clutter.

My take was that devs keep hyping that Melee 2.0 was going to reinvent cake or something and then the gameplay is hidden behind an inaccessible wall. Letting players get a feel about a new gameplay system would have been great instead of locking even gameplay mechanics behind an RNG wall. That just made the devs look like a bunch of nutters spouting equal nutty statements.

Edited by Tubercle1801

Well, you only need one mod of anything so at somepoint (like a million years into the future), even tranquil cleave or whatever rare will be useless clutter.

My take was that devs keep hyping that Melee 2.0 was going to reinvent cake or something and then the gameplay is hidden behind an inaccessible wall. Letting players get a feel about a new gameplay system would have been great instead of locking even gameplay mechanics behind an RNG wall. That just made the devs look like a bunch of nutters spouting equal nutty statements.

Tranquil Cleave will have sales/trade value at least.  And there's a big difference between a rare you see, well, rarely, and a common drop that serves no purpose being a common drop yet shows up all the time.  The most common drops should be the R10 commons, not a "never a reason to use anything but the maxed" version R3 thing ;)