Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If We Do Get A Warframe Armor 2.0, What Do You Hope For?

Sasquatchias

The ability to not die.

Im being dead serious. Currently, there is a very minute difference in the amount of pain a Saryn, Ash, Rhino, and Valkyr can take WITHOUT abilities. I would actually like to feel like that armor rating counts for something other than how many more milliseconds can i stay alive vs Nyx.

Give me passive proc resist, or knockdown resist, or at least SOMETHING to show for being 'heavily armored'

Edited by ensignvidiot

Off the top of my head, having the ability to integrate elemental/status effect resistance mods into armor would be pretty neat. Although I doubt armor will ever really be useful unless DE toned down damage by a lot, or gave us a lot more health compared to shields so that we can actually take enough damage for armor to make a difference.

Edited by Paradoxbomb

More diversity in the armor system.

There should be a flat armor mod with the same number of ranks as Steel Fiber (unstackable with that mod) for those Warframes with low armor, so they can participate in the armor system if they like as well.

With the advent of Damage 2.0, there's also a great opportunity to open up armor type customization for players. Maybe we could have the choice between Ferrite or Alloy armor, which could be dropped by the respective Grineer units, or if we scan >100 Ancients with our codex we could acquire the ability to equip Fossilized armor.

who ever said anything about armor 2.0? armor should mitigate bleed/toxin procs, which I think it does. maybe elemental resistance should be tied to armor rating as well, but I think that sounds more like a mod than an innate quality. however, maybe armor should represent inherent resistance to status procs. so saryn and valkyr and such will have reduced proc effect time (3 ticks instead of 6, for example)

also, partially related, hydroid's abilities should remove fire procs. and molt should remove all negative procs

Off the top of my head, having the ability to integrate elemental resistance into armor would be pretty neat. Although I doubt armor will ever really be useful unless DE toned down damage by a lot, or gave us a lot more health compared to shields so that we can actually take enough damage for armor to make a difference.

I've often wondered myself why frames don't have specific resistances/weaknesses to Elemental types, e.g. Frost's armor is resistant to Cold but weak (or at least neutral) vs. Heat. I don't think it's too complicated for people to understand. It would add more depth to gameplay, as far as I'm concerned.

More diversity in the armor system.

There should be a flat armor mod with the same number of ranks as Steel Fiber (unstackable with that mod) for those Warframes with low armor, so they can participate in the armor system if they like as well.

With the advent of Damage 2.0, there's also a great opportunity to open up armor type customization for players. Maybe we could have the choice between Ferrite or Alloy armor, which could be dropped by the respective Grineer units, or if we scan >100 Ancients with our codex we could acquire the ability to equip Fossilized armor.

+1