Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sword Beam Mod (We Need This :d )

LordMidnightX

With the option to have no other weapons equipped we need a way to hit stuff that is in the air or things like cameras or the grineer mag doors.

I propose a channeling mod that lets you send a sword beam toward where you are aiming. This would look really awesome and help you continue your combos if a target is running away from you.

The mod would probably reduce channeling efficiency and at max it would have 50% damage of a normal strike.

One other possibility is changing the melee channel mod into this. when you use powers it will build up the energy and the next time you channel you get a beam.

Are we talking about DMC overdrive move, extending weapon reach with energy, or actually throwing our weapons at stuff?

I agree with your Idea.

we are not extending reach or throwing our weapons we are slashing and sending a beam of energy toward our target. 

It'll be cool and all but cant we just.. Use our gun?

sense the update I have been running melee only most of the time. By that arguement we could say instead of melee why not you know use your gun, it is much more safe and effective. Anyway It needs to be in the game for it's coolness factor alone. 

For the sake of balance it should have a very limited range. If not then there's really no point to weapons like the Glaive. So maybe half the range of that.

probably even less range then half that of glaive, the glaive can go pretty far. Also it could have a very cool synergy with the glaive. Such as widening the size of it with energy so you could take out 2 enemies by throwing in between them (of course at half damage it would drop off pretty quick but it would be cool.)