Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus Weapons Need An Across The Board Buff

Jamescell

Asides from the Penta and Detron pretty much all Corpus weapons are too weak to compete with.. well most other weapons. When I say weak I am not referring specifically to damage, but overall viability in terms of killing multiple enemies and doing it quickly. 

Almost all Corpus weapons suffer from a very slow projectile speed, the damage that the weapons do in turn isn't sufficient in terms of compensating for this detrimental characteristic. The fact that other players in the party can fire a weapon after you and still hit a target first should be means enough to make the damage output of Corpus weapons much higher than that of weapons of similar level who hit-scan. 

Not only are Corpus projectiles slow, but many suffer from mediocre to low accuracy, recoil and mediocre utility stats. A prime example of these setbacks coupled together to make a horrible weapon is the LANKA. Sure it can 1-hit a level 25 enemy without formas if correctly modded, but by the time you kill the one enemy the rest of the enemies in the room will be killed by other players. Even in solo play it will take a painstakingly long amount of time to kill enemies. What makes the LANKA so bad? The LANKA has a very long reload time, slow projectile speed, very slow fire rate and a less than stellar amount of damage. 

I propose damage output buffs, not necessarily a change to the way the weapons work. 

Yeah.. So buff most Corpus weapons; after all, how often do you see players running around with Corpus weapons? (Asides from the Detron and Penta) The correct answer is not very often. 

Edited by Jamescell

Even the Flux Rifle, which was once a top tier weapon, is never used anymore. The last time I saw it used was by me, about a month ago, and I ended up switching to my side arm for the whole mission after a minute or two.

What makes the Lanka so bad now is that it has base Electric damage now, which kills its effectiveness. Though it does have the fastest projectile travel of the non hit-scan weapons.

Cripes, how much harder do you want to kill things? My Dera, Tetra, Lecta, Supra, and Dual Cestras annihilate everything so I don't know where "buff everything" is coming from.

Granted they have like 5 forma each... rofl

Edited by DarkTails

maybe i don't understand the physics behind it but why do weapons like the supra have recoil anyway? i can't picture laser/plasma weapons having recoil based on stuff i've seen in other games unless maybe it fired huge bolts like the BFG from doom hell alot of games i've played that feature both ballistic and laser/plasma weapons the laser/plasma weapons have far better accuracy then their ballistic counterparts

Edited by Divinehero

Cripes, how much harder do you want to kill things? My Dera, Tetra, Lecta, Supra, and Dual Cestras annihilate everything so I don't know where "buff everything" is coming from.

Granted they have like 5 forma each... rofl

Exactly, corpus weapons require much more forma than other weapons. However, I'm willing to spend tons of forma on my Supra.

The Corpus have always been my favorite faction, and I absolutely love the aesthetics of their weapons. So I find it rather telling that out of the weapons I found good enough to keep after building and ranking them, only 2 of 14 primaries and 2 of 10 secondaries are of corpus design...

There are a few outstanding exceptions (there always are), but weapons from the other factions do tend to be better than the corpus equivalent.

A metric ton of research tech from the corpus need looks. Supra, Lanka, ESPECIALLY the Spectra, the list goes on.

An easy solution is to give them a generally higher status chance. Being all plasma-y and laser-y, wouldn't they cause "alternative" wounds?

Edited by AscendantWyvern

im fond of the corpus weapon designs as well but i only enjoyed a few of the weapons which were Dera, Lanka, Detron and the Tetra to a minor degree. the rest were awful most of the time (especially the prova/spectra ugh) i hope some/most of the corpus style weapons get improved someday.

Lanka deserves a puncture damage value of at least 100, coupled with the 250 electric, an increased crit chance (say 35-50% critical chance), crit multiplier of 2.5x, and a faster charge time.

Flux Rifle needs a serious DPS boost, with added fire damage.

Supra needs to become

THE SUPER SUPRA

The New Supra

-High power capacitor-operated (I.E. Bottomless magazine with overheat function)

-RoF starts off high, but decelerates over time to reduce damage dealt to the weapon's internal systems. Becomes more accurate with sustained firing. Does not overheat to where the weapon will not fire, but DPS is hindered.

-Holding the reload button will cool the weapon off through the side vents and bring its RoF up to full speed.

-Each bolt has a tiny blast radius from which electricity can arc from about 1.2-2.4 meters.

-The plasma bolts fired from the weapon are as fast as a Tetra's plasma bolts

-Damage increased overall, by about 40%

Dera could use a moderate damage boost.

Spectra is god-awful and needs its firepower tripled, with innate fire damage.

Cestra are strong, and that's alright. Perhaps a recoil reduction on the single variant with increased damage.

Tetra is supposed to be a low-tier starter rifle, so it's fine where it is, I suppose.

Prova should be alright where it's at.

Detron's fine, could use a 6rd magazine instead of a 5rd magazine due to artistic reasons and differentiation from the OP Brakk.

Amprex? I hear it's pretty good.

Edited by Vaskadar

Lanka deserves a puncture damage value of at least 100, coupled with the 250 electric, an increased crit chance (say 35-50% critical chance), crit multiplier of 2.5x, and a faster charge time.

Flux Rifle needs a serious DPS boost, with added fire damage.

Supra needs to become

THE SUPER SUPRA

The New Supra

-High power capacitor-operated (I.E. Bottomless magazine with overheat function)

-RoF starts off high, but decelerates over time to reduce damage dealt to the weapon's internal systems. Becomes more accurate with sustained firing. Does not overheat to where the weapon will not fire, but DPS is hindered.

-Holding the reload button will cool the weapon off through the side vents and bring its RoF up to full speed.

-Each bolt has a tiny blast radius from which electricity can arc from about 1.2-2.4 meters.

-The plasma bolts fired from the weapon are as fast as a Tetra's plasma bolts

-Damage increased overall, by about 40%

Dera could use a moderate damage boost.

Spectra is god-awful and needs its firepower tripled, with innate fire damage.

Cestra are strong, and that's alright. Perhaps a recoil reduction on the single variant with increased damage.

Tetra is supposed to be a low-tier starter rifle, so it's fine where it is, I suppose.

Prova should be alright where it's at.

Detron's fine, could use a 6rd magazine instead of a 5rd magazine due to artistic reasons and differentiation from the OP Brakk.

Amprex? I hear it's pretty good.

Nice ideas overall.

And the spectra, the flux ( and the supra, oh wow) fall in to oblivion,outshined by other weapons.

They required a bit of forma,to even be that good.

The Dera,was my way-to-go rifle until i got the Soma,and its one of my "Nostalgia" weapons.

The lanka will probably get buffed soon,they talked about buffin snipers on the Devstream.

The penta,Cestra(snipping barrel FTW),and tetra are pretty good imo.