Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Warframe Concept? >Insidiatori< Or Gladiator Related.

PureBlade

So with u13 we've gotten a 1/2 melee 2.0. Well observing all other (most) warframes they all have a ranged ability with Damage over time, ultimates being radial blasts (interpret as you will), and some sort of temporary buff skill. Skills are mostly "cast, watch flashy light eradicate charlie"

Insidiatori would be stealth-ish like ash, however his skill set is 1/2 stealth & 1/2 gladiator like.

Trident toss - Insidiatori would throw a trident, that unfolds like jade's staff in Mortal Kombat, the makes an enemy stumble (yes ill admit its like the 1st ability being a ranged damage over time attack) and that's it.

Net Toss (I apologize for the bad names) - Insidiatori tosses a net that's in a capsule like captain vauban's ball things and downs an enemy [possibly up-gradable to capture more than 1 and cause bleeding/impact] 

Garrote -  Insidiatori produces a garrote, This skill is pending on the moment its activated in, for stealthy fellows, you sneak up behind said enemy, wrap garrote around enemy neck, and pull them over your back (like a stealth melee but you know, it actually kills, unless you go to w/ this skill and try to kill a corpus tech, heh yeah right) Now the second approach is if your a run and gun; activating the skill you kick said enemy to the ground, garrote around neck and choked to death. [This will most likely change as its just stupid...]

Yes fellow Tenno, The ULTIMATE [ sadly this like the Garrote may most likely change]

Arquus (Latin bow) - Insidiatori produces a holographic, but fully functional, Bow with a SMALL set of arrows/ projectile (perhaps 5) and you can fire it, how fun is that!? It would cause status effects and is weakened on bosses

I was thinking as powerful as these attacks are, he should have low energy so these skills can't be spammed, even with mods, Ill get to the art later

Problems being - Me contradicting my 1st skill and trident toss statement.  Garrote and Arquus are very stupid i get that because its like a skill form of the dread or stealth attack. I tried to make this frame centered more towards Utility, like batman, and not - cast lustrous skill, all dead, next room. I sort of understand the uselessness of this warframe but want to see it.... because its hella different. It wont happen but I'm open to feedback consisting of: good, bad, needs x and remove y, and "why did you even try lol", Thanks for actually reading all this... yeah
Edited by PureBlade

Perhaps an ability that pins an enemy to a wall and inflicts bleed proc while silencing the enemy?

Another enemy would have to go up to them in order for the pin to be released, albeit at great damage to the first enemy, it'd be stealthy unless you start using it to pin your enemies in plain sight :p

I would name him him to "Gladius", "Tyranos" or something more feral and dangerous than the current name.  Try and find something that captures the essence of your frame 

Your ultimate is underwhelming frankly.  If you want to keep that you should make that bow do something really special. 

Here are some ideas:

Each arrow bounces between a certain # of targets before blowing up when it hits the last target.

Maybe any target hit by an arrow becomes impaled to the nearest wall in the arrow's flight path and cannot move.  The target Bleeds until dead. 

Status is nice and all but, your Ult can be replicated through the use of existing in game weapons like the Paris.

I will comment on the other abilities later.

I would name him him to "Gladius", "Tyranos" or something more feral and dangerous than the current name.  Try and find something that captures the essence of your frame 

Your ultimate is underwhelming frankly.  If you want to keep that you should make that bow do something really special. 

Here are some ideas:

Each arrow bounces between a certain # of targets before blowing up when it hits the last target.

Maybe any target hit by an arrow becomes impaled to the nearest wall in the arrow's flight path and cannot move.  The target Bleeds until dead. 

Status is nice and all but, your Ult can be replicated through the use of existing in game weapons like the Paris.

I will comment on the other abilities later.

specifically the ult, that is true, as i did state i wanted him to focus and literally utility and i like the idea the specialized arrows, but it might have to be something else... but i do see what you mean

I came up with some more ideas for you. "War: Master of Combat" could be a fitting name/title for this frame.  I get the idea that you want this frame to be a sort of opportunistic brawler with some support/debuff/status skills.

Working off that idea, you could combine the 1st and 2nd skills into a Bolo Throw (a "bolo" is a set of metal balls connected by wire, I'm sure you've seen/heard of one before) that changes in function depending on what part of an enemy it connects with (in addition to dealing damage, probably slash and impact).  Hitting the legs would knock the target down.  Body would disarm and make your target unable to attack. Head/neck would strangle the target, dealing damage over time and making them unable to alert their allies about being attacked.

Another ability that might fit with what you're thinking could be a "Patsy" or "Living Distraction Skill".  This would work similar to Loki's decoy skill.  The main difference is that it uses a living enemy.  You would hit a target with this skill, and then they would 'become' your frame, drawing all nearby enemy fire and then resetting the alarm status to neutral when the target dies.  The Player would also be invisible as long as the target is alive, allowing you to sneak away and hide (if you want).

If you don't mind working the bow into another power you could do something like this for your ultimate.  I call it "Conscription".

Depending on the level of this power, 4+ enemies near the player would join them in battle, fighting for the player until they are killed.  I'm not sure how the enemies should act though.  Maybe they could form a human shield around the player or work independently.  They would also target anything targeted by the player.

You could also have a power that causes the player's frame to grab a nearby enemy and use them as a human-shield that also fires at anything the player shoots at.  The player would shoot over one of the target's shoulders. Using the ability again after you've grabbed a target would deal damage and throw the target, dealing damage to any enemies in front of you.

I came up with some more ideas for you. "War: Master of Combat" could be a fitting name/title for this frame.  I get the idea that you want this frame to be a sort of opportunistic brawler with some support/debuff/status skills.

Working off that idea, you could combine the 1st and 2nd skills into a Bolo Throw (a "bolo" is a set of metal balls connected by wire, I'm sure you've seen/heard of one before) that changes in function depending on what part of an enemy it connects with (in addition to dealing damage, probably slash and impact).  Hitting the legs would knock the target down.  Body would disarm and make your target unable to attack. Head/neck would strangle the target, dealing damage over time and making them unable to alert their allies about being attacked.

Another ability that might fit with what you're thinking could be a "Patsy" or "Living Distraction Skill".  This would work similar to Loki's decoy skill.  The main difference is that it uses a living enemy.  You would hit a target with this skill, and then they would 'become' your frame, drawing all nearby enemy fire and then resetting the alarm status to neutral when the target dies.  The Player would also be invisible as long as the target is alive, allowing you to sneak away and hide (if you want).

If you don't mind working the bow into another power you could do something like this for your ultimate.  I call it "Conscription".

Depending on the level of this power, 4+ enemies near the player would join them in battle, fighting for the player until they are killed.  I'm not sure how the enemies should act though.  Maybe they could form a human shield around the player or work independently.  They would also target anything targeted by the player.

You could also have a power that causes the player's frame to grab a nearby enemy and use them as a human-shield that also fires at anything the player shoots at.  The player would shoot over one of the target's shoulders. Using the ability again after you've grabbed a target would deal damage and throw the target, dealing damage to any enemies in front of you.

Interesting....., this has taken a FAR more better turn, than i had hoped for, in time i will re-work skills. Not bad, not bad.