The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Ic] The Call Of The Faithful [Open Rp]

Sumika1204

Temperance was having a dream, the first he could recall in ages.  He woke on the floor of his cell, rubbing his head.  He  stumbled as he rose to his feet, the pattern of roots on the floor unfamiliar.  How long was I out? Or -  he ran his fingers along one of them.  Just mutated.  The void energy released in the Garden would have had an effect on the whole ship's flora.  He stepped over to his desk, touching a hand to the bonsai tree, causing the pen to begin transcribing everything that had occurred.  He didn't watch as the entire experience, even the illusory memories, was being written, more interested in getting back to his flock as soon as possible.  As he turned towards the door with his Machete Wraith proudly hoisted over his shoulder, he noticed...

"What the hell?" Temperance came awake with a start.  "Cardina?  Why am I in your room?  And did I just dream I was you?"

Cardina shook her head as she helped Temperance to his feet, not sure what he was saying. "I'm not sure, but I can check." She stepped over to the book on the desk, flipping through the most recent pages. Cardina didn't seem upset by Temperance's presence, even this close to her recorded thoughts. She didn't read back far, only enough to find how they got to her cell. "Ah, it seems the Trinity, Anaesthesia took us here. But-" She frowned at Temperance under her helmet. "I don't know what you mean about your dream. Tell me, is the Void's energy gone? Was anyone hurt by the illusions?"

Edited by SnaleKing

Cardina woke up on the floor of her cell, rubbing her head. She stumbled as she rose to her feet, the pattern of roots on the floor unfamiliar. How long was I out? Or- she runs a finger along one of them. Just mutated. The void energy released in the Garden would have had an effect on the whole ship's flora. She stepped over to her desk, touching a hand to the bonsai tree, causing the pen to begin transcribing everything that had occurred. She didn't watch as the entire experience, even the illusionary memories, were being written, more interested in getting back to her flock as soon as possible.

As she turned to the door with her Machete Wraith proudly hoisted over her shoulder, she noticed Temperance slumped against the mural of the Divinities. "Temperance!" She shook him, trying to wake him up. "Are you alright?"

There was a knock on the door and Rien could be heard as he called out, "Is everything all right in there? Mother Gaia asked me to stay by the door and get help if anything happened."

There was a knock on the door and Rien could be heard as he called out, "Is everything all right in there? Mother Gaia asked me to stay by the door and get help if anything happened."

"We're fine, Rien, thank you," Temperance and Cardina called.  In perfect unison.

"We're fine, Rien, thank you," Temperance and Cardina called.  In perfect unison.

Cardina's face flushed redder than her Viper Wraiths; there was nothing she hated more than being predictable. "Tell Mother Gaia I'm grateful for her concern. I need more time to record my thoughts, I've already forgotten too much since I last transcribed them."

Cardina's face flushed redder than her Viper Wraiths; there was nothing she hated more than being predictable. "Tell Mother Gaia I'm grateful for her concern. I need more time to record my thoughts, I've already forgotten too much since I last transcribed them."

"You are only ever predictable in your unpredictability, Cardina," Temperance said.  Then he realized that she had not spoke aloud.  "Did I just...?"

"You are only ever predictable in your unpredictability, Cardina," Temperance said.  Then he realized that she had not spoke aloud.  "Did I just...?"

Cardina's eyes widened; what the hell is this. "Temperance," she said slowly, as she touched a hand to the bonsai's thin branches. "I need you to think, very clearly, your melee weapon of choice."

Cardina's eyes widened; what the hell is this. "Temperance," she said slowly, as she touched a hand to the bonsai's thin branches. "I need you to think, very clearly, your melee weapon of choice."

Dark Dagger.  The thought sprang immediately to mind, quickly followed by, or maybe Nikana.  I'm still looking for that Dragon blueprint....Maybe I'll query the Oracle servers after I make my report.  Then he realized he was rambling.  "Sorry," he said aloud, a bit sheepishly.

Dark Dagger.  The thought sprang immediately to mind, quickly followed by, or maybe Nikana.  I'm still looking for that Dragon blueprint....Maybe I'll query the Oracle servers after I make my report.  Then he realized he was rambling.  "Sorry," he said aloud, a bit sheepishly.

"You're fine," Cardina stated coldly. She watched the quill pick itself up, and quickly scribble in a blocky, unrefined print. Dark Dagger. It then shivered, switching to the flowing script Cardina was familiar with. F*ck. or maybe Nikana. I'm still looking for Dammit dammit no no no that Dragon blueprint... Maybe I'll query the Or maybe I'LL query the inside of your skull and rip out whatever the hell that b*tch LOTUS acle servers after I ma put in there so you could spy on my damned THOUGHTS, AGAIN. Calm. Logic. Control. Order. Chaos. Two choices. ke my report.

Cardina slammed the book shut, the stylus squeezing it's way out from between the pages to set itself next to the ink reservoir. "Temperance." Her voice carried all the harmony of broken glass. "Our minds are linked, I don't know why-" the hell was in those illusions "but you've left me with two choices. One," she glanced at the savage, angular portrait of Mortos. "I can't kill you, since I have no idea how that would backlash. However, with the access afforded by this new rapport, I can put you into a coma and seal you in a cryopod for a few millennia, so my mind and memories can be my own." For once, I'm glad I don't remember anything; Cardina thought smugly, even if he's in my thoughts, him and the Lotus will never know anything about me without reading my books. She shifted her gaze to Gaia's flowing image. "Or, I can try to figure out what went wrong, and try to separate us, in the meantime dealing with someone sitting in my head."

Edited by SnaleKing

"Eh, I was trying to remember something, but it seems you are the first then." Shinkiro picked up his helmet, looking down at it, staring at it staring at him. "There isn't much I remember since my awakening." He looks at her before tossing the helmet up and down his hand. "But what is the point of trying to remember long lost memories when you can make some new happy ones?" 

"Good point. I, for one, largely gave up on trying to remember the past. Not like remembering any of that would help me. We've been in cryosleep for who knows how long after all."

Rien replied, "As you wish." He disappeared and for the first in long while, not literally. He just walked off, giving Cardina and Temperance their privacy. Though he had the strangest feeling that something was amiss. With a shrug, he disregarded it. e was probably just being overly cautious.

"You're fine," Cardina stated coldly. She watched the quill pick itself up, and quickly scribble in a blocky, unrefined print. Dark Dagger. It then shivered, switching to the flowing script Cardina was familiar with. F*ck. or maybe Nikana. I'm still looking for Dammit dammit no no no that Dragon blueprint... Maybe I'll query the Or maybe I'LL query the inside of your skull and rip out whatever the hell that b*tch LOTUS acle servers after I ma put in there so you could spy on my damned THOUGHTS, AGAIN. Calm. Logic. Control. Order. Chaos. Two choices. ke my report.

Cardina slammed the book shut, the stylus squeezing it's way out from between the pages to set itself next to the ink reservoir. "Temperance." Her voice carried all the harmony of broken glass. "Our minds are linked, I don't know why-" the hell was in those illusions "but you've left me with two choices. One," she glanced at the savage, angular portrait of Mortos. "I can't kill you, since I have no idea how that would backlash. However, with the access afforded by this new rapport, I can put you into a coma and seal you in a cryopod for a few millennia, so my mind and memories can be my own." For once, I'm glad I don't remember anything; even if he's in my thoughts, he'll never know my past without reading my books. She shifted her gaze to Gaia's flowing image. "Or, I can try to figure out what went wrong, and try to separate us, in the meantime dealing with someone sitting in my head."

"Forced into binary, I really would prefer Gaia's choice," Temperance said mildly.  "And I would also like to take the opportunity to inform you that there is nothing beyond the normal to 'query the inside of my skull' for.  Hell, I don't think I've ever exited my Warframe since I got out of cryo.  But besides all that, I don't think this link is necessarily a bad thing.  In certain respects, you and I....match."

The moment the word left his mouth, he flushed as red as Cardina's Machete.  "Not match-match, like Pyre-and-Shinkiro match," he amended quickly.  "Just...match.  Like that time we stayed up together in the library all night, hiding from the instructors, me browsing the technology section and you writing in that journal of yours.  We lay down in the rotunda and watched Earth rise..."  Temperance trailed off.  "I...remember that now," he said slowly.  "But...you don't..."

"Forced into binary, I really would prefer Gaia's choice," Temperance said mildly.  "And I would also like to take the opportunity to inform you that there is nothing beyond the normal to 'query the inside of my skull' for.  Hell, I don't think I've ever exited my Warframe since I got out of cryo.  But besides all that, I don't think this link is necessarily a bad thing.  In certain respects, you and I....match."

The moment the word left his mouth, he flushed as red as Cardina's Machete.  "Not match-match, like Pyre-and-Shinkiro match," he amended quickly.  "Just...match.  Like that time we stayed up together in the library all night, hiding from the instructors, me browsing the technology section and you writing in that journal of yours.  We lay down in the rotunda and watched Earth rise..."  Temperance trailed off.  "I...remember that now," he said slowly.  "But...you don't..."

Cardina shut her eyes, slumping to the ground against the massive bookshelf, the weight of the tomes looming over her. "No." Slowly, deliberately, Cardina removed her helmet, tossing it aside like garbage before curling up and wrapping her arms around her knees. "I don't. I don't even remember what I look like." Her face was sharp and pointed, a perfect match to her stylized helmet, just as her long, brick-red hair reflected her choice in syndana. Her narrowed, catlike eyes were the same color as her energy, a piercing, pure white like a star, or the interior of a bleached laboratory.

"It's all in there," she gestured feebly to the heavy volumes above her. No reason for duplicity now, since you're hearing everything. "I'm afraid of what I might have been."

Edited by SnaleKing

Cardina shut her eyes, slumping to the ground against the massive bookshelf, the weight of the tomes looming over her. "No." Slowly, deliberately, Cardina removed her helmet, tossing it aside like garbage before curling up and wrapping her arms around her knees. "I don't. I don't even remember what I look like." Her face was sharp and pointed, a perfect match to her stylized helmet, just as her long, brick-red hair reflected her choice in syndana. Her narrowed, catlike eyes were the same color as her energy, a piercing, pure white like a star, or the interior of a bleached laboratory.

"It's all in there," she gestured feebly to the heavy volumes above her. No reason for duplicity now, since you're hearing everything. "I'm afraid of what I might have been."

Temperance sighed, feeling her emotions resonate through the link.  With slow steps, the Ash approached and sat down next to her.  His helmet lifted away with a click of biopolymers, revealing short black hair and eyes that, while as dark as starless space, somehow lacked menace.  His features were a pleasant balance between sharp and rounded; his skin pale and lit from within by a soft starlight radiance from his recent brush with the Void.  Silver Technocyte scales grew in thin patches from his temples to his cheekbones.  Temperance set the helmet aside and folded his arms across his knees.

"Cardina," he began slowly.  "I cannot help you recall all of who you were.  But I remember enough now to say with certainty that you were a good Tenno, a remarkable person, and a friend.  I too lost a great deal to the cryonesia," he said softly.  The corner of his mouth twitched ironically.  "Did you really think anyone sane would name a child Temperance?  It's only a callsign, a pseudonym.  I lost my own name when I went into cryo.  I think..."  He sighed.  "I think we were very young when the end came; the Oracles have no record of either of us prior to the Collapse.  I do not think you have anything to fear from who you were.  If you fear anything, fear what you may become."

For a few moments, Temperance lapsed into silence, before giving a slightly melancholy smile.  "But look at it this way; at least the two of us are no longer alone.  We have each other," he tapped his head, "and we have the others as well.  A Church is a family, Cardina.  The Tenno are a family.  We take care of our own.  Not very well, at times, but we do our best with what we are given."

He reached over and laid a gentle hand on her shoulder.  "Trust them, Cardina.  Trust me.  You don't have to be afraid anymore."

Edited by Temperance000

Temperance sighed, feeling her emotions resonate through the link.  With slow steps, the Ash approached and sat down next to her.  His helmet lifted away with a click of biopolymers, revealing short black hair and eyes that, while as dark as starless space, somehow lacked menace.  His features were a pleasant balance between sharp and rounded; his skin pale and lit from within by a soft starlight radiance from his recent brush with the Void.  Silver Technocyte scales grew in thin patches from his temples to his cheekbones.  Temperance set the helmet aside and folded his arms across his knees.

"Cardina," he began slowly.  "I cannot help you recall all of who you were.  But I remember enough now to say with certainty that you were a good Tenno, a remarkable person, and a friend.  I too lost a great deal to the cryonesia," he said softly.  The corner of his mouth twitched ironically.  "Did you really think anyone sane would name a child Temperance?  It's only a callsign, a pseudonym.  I lost my own name when I went into cryo.  I think..."  He sighed.  "I think we were very young when the end came; the Oracles have no record of either of us prior to the Collapse.  I do not think you have anything to fear from who you were.  If you fear anything, fear what you may become."

For a few moments, Temperance lapsed into silence, before giving a slightly melancholy smile.  "But look at it this way; at least the two of us are no longer alone.  We have each other," he tapped his head, "and we have the others as well.  A Church is a family, Cardina.  The Tenno are a family.  We take care of our own.  Not very well, at times, but we do our best with what we are given."

He reached over and laid a gentle hand on her shoulder.  "Trust them, Cardina.  Trust me.  You don't have to be afraid anymore."

Cardina relaxed at the touch of his hand on her shoulder, leaning into him. "Good words, Temperance," she purred with a jaded smirk. "And more importantly, honest. Alright then," with a flick of her hand, Volume One jerked from the bookshelf, breaking free of years of overgrowth, then drifted down to Cardina's lap. "I won't let fear control me either." Let's start at the beginning, she resolved, with the book creaking open its heavy front cover. 

Unlike the later volumes, the first was strictly handwritten, more a memoir than a perfect transcription of thoughts. The earlier events recorded agreed with what Temperance remembered of their day-to-day life, with frequent mentions of Temperance and Amber. They'd gotten along quite well, Temperance had been the quiet, strong one, standing up for the quieter Amber. Cardina, however, frequently manipulated other initiates behind the scenes to keep any from confronting Temperance or Amber in the first place, defusing aggression or redirecting it to initiates she wasn't as compassionate toward.

The dojo was assaulted by the Infestation during the collapse; apparently, they'd been hiding and gathering strength in the reactor and cargo rooms, then crippled the ship in time for infestation pods to deliver the main assault. The three initiates were in the library when the Infested revealed themselves. As they fled, Cardina lied to Temperance and Amber that she was disabling the Infestation, stopping them from pursuing. In reality, her abilities were only strong enough to guide the beasts towards easier prey, slaughtering other, unprepared initiates while they made their way to the escape portal.

When they arrived, the hive mind had set up an ambush at the portal, to lure and kill anyone attempting to escape the vessel into the waiting Orokin tower. Without asking Temperance or Amber, Cardina pulled the attention of the Infested to herself, buying just enough time for Temperance to use his novice cloaking abilities to get himself and Amber into the Portal.

Cardina runs away from the portal, so the Infestation don't follow her to the tower. Instead, she flees back into the ship, passing a cell of Tenno guarding initiates on the way to the portal; she doesn't stop, just uses the warriors as a distraction to let herself escape to the ship's underbelly, and with that, Volume one ends.

She slumps back, shutting the book on her lap while forcing a smile. "I... I suppose it isn't all bad."

Edited by SnaleKing

Cardina relaxed at the touch of his hand on her shoulder, leaning into him. "Good words, Temperance," she purred with a jaded smirk. "And more importantly, honest. Alright then," with a flick of her hand, Volume One jerked from the bookshelf, breaking free of years of overgrowth, then drifted down to Cardina's lap. "I won't let fear control me either." Let's start at the beginning, she resolved, with the book creaking open its heavy front cover. 

Unlike the later volumes, the first was strictly handwritten, more a memoir than a perfect transcription of thoughts. The earlier events recorded agreed with what Temperance remembered of their day-to-day life, with frequent mentions of Temperance and Amber. They'd gotten along quite well, Temperance had been the quiet, strong one, standing up for the quieter Amber. Cardina, however, frequently manipulated other initiates behind the scenes to keep any from confronting Temperance or Amber in the first place, defusing aggression or redirecting it to initiates she wasn't as compassionate toward.

The dojo was assaulted by the Infestation during the collapse; apparently, they'd been hiding and gathering strength in the reactor and cargo rooms, then crippled the ship in time for infestation pods to deliver the main assault. The three initiates were in the library when the Infested revealed themselves. As they fled, Cardina lied to Temperance and Amber that she was disabling the Infestation, stopping them from pursuing. In reality, her abilities were only strong enough to guide the beasts towards easier prey, slaughtering other, unprepared initiates while they made their way to the escape portal.

When they arrived, the hive mind had set up an ambush at the portal, to lure and kill anyone attempting to escape the vessel into the waiting Orokin tower. Without asking Temperance or Amber, Cardina pulled the attention of the Infested to herself, buying just enough time for Temperance to use his novice cloaking abilities to get himself and Amber into the Portal.

Cardina runs away from the portal, so the Infestation don't follow her to the tower. Instead, she flees back into the ship, passing a cell of Tenno guarding initiates on the way to the portal; she doesn't stop, just uses the warriors as a distraction to let herself escape to the ship's underbelly, and with that, Volume one ends.

She slumps back, shutting the book on her lap while forcing a smile. "I... I suppose it isn't all bad."

"So, Temperance was my name.  Imagine that," the Ash said slowly.  "And now it seems I owe you my life three times over Cardina.  As for what you did...we have all committed horrors in our day."  He closed his eyes briefly, his free hand falling to rest on his helmet.  "If it is any comfort to you, the Oracles do have a record of that particular attack.  Most of the Tenno and initiates made it out alive, though no names are listed.  And you did not truly guide the Infested to the others; simply brought their baser instincts to the fore, made them seek easier prey.  It may be a fine distinction, but...it helps, sometimes."  Sensing her anguish, he moved his arm encircle her shoulders and laid his other hand over hers on the book.  "Do you want to keep going?" he asked softly.

Edited by Temperance000

"Good point. I, for one, largely gave up on trying to remember the past. Not like remembering any of that would help me. We've been in cryosleep for who knows how long after all."

Letting out a small yawn, Shinkiro pulls on the sheets, covering himself from neck to feet as he lays there. "Exactly, my dear. Ahh it feels good to be in a bed after so long." 

While all events were happening, there were two things going on. One was Corvo was walking up and about after about a 2 hour nap, breathing normally and seeming to be in better form than he was a few hours ago.

and Two Cross knocked on the Cardina's door "Cardina? are you in?"

"So, Temperance was my name.  Imagine that," the Ash said slowly.  "And now it seems I owe you my life three times over Cardina.  As for what you did...we have all committed horrors in our day."  He closed his eyes briefly, his free hand falling to rest on his helmet.  "If it is any comfort to you, the Oracles do have a record of that particular attack.  Most of the Tenno and initiates made it out alive, though no names are listed.  And you did not truly guide the Infested to the others; simply brought their baser instincts to the fore, made them seek easier prey.  It may be a fine distinction, but...it helps, sometimes."  Sensing her anguish, he moved his arm encircle her shoulders and laid his other hand over hers on the book.  "Do you want to keep going?" he asked softly.

She sighed, placing the book in her lap back on the shelf, while bringing down the next. "I don't see what else to do at this point," and I wouldn't mind just... staying here a while longer.

Cross knocked on the Cardina's door "Cardina? are you in?"

"Yes, come in!" She called, I don't really care if he sees Temperance and me like this. "Cross, was it? I've found something about your daughter."

Edited by SnaleKing

She sighed, placing the book in her lap back on the shelf, while bringing down the next. "I don't see what else to do at this point," and I wouldn't mind just... staying here a while longer.

"Yes, come in!" She called, I don't really care if he sees Temperance and me like this. "Cross, was it? I've found something about your daughter."

Cross comes in and raises his eyebrow, somewhat Surprised "You have?!" He doesn't really bother with the Duo doing their stuff

Edited by Drakeardian

Letting out a small yawn, Shinkiro pulls on the sheets, covering himself from neck to feet as he lays there. "Exactly, my dear. Ahh it feels good to be in a bed after so long." 

"I can imagine. Sweet dreams." Pyre slipped herself under the covers of her bed, leaving her helmet on the side table.

Cross comes in and raises his eyebrow, somewhat Surprised "You have?!" He doesn't really bother with the Duo doing their stuff

Cardina nodded with an amused smile that pushed up her narrow cheeks. "Yes, apparently Amber, Temperance and I were good friends. When the collapse came, her and Temperance escaped to the Void, while I stayed to buy them time." Cardina ran a hand through her hair, brushing her long bangs to one side. Though it covered one eye, the soft white glow shone through regardless. "I'm afraid that's all I know. If I had to guess, she might be in a cryopod near where Temperance woke up."

Cardina nodded with an amused smile that pushed up her narrow cheeks. "Yes, apparently Amber, Temperance and I were good friends. When the collapse came, her and Temperance escaped to the Void, while I stayed to buy them time." Cardina ran a hand through her hair, brushing her long bangs to one side. Though it covered one eye, the soft white glow shone through regardless. "I'm afraid that's all I know. If I had to guess, she might be in a cryopod near where Temperance woke up."

Temperance winced. "Cardina...I woke in a cryo facility on Mercury just before it was overrun by the Grineer. There were no other active pods inside, but if there were, either the Grineer got them...or the self-destruct did."

Temperance winced. "Cardina...I woke in a cryo facility on Mercury just before it was overrun by the Grineer. There were no other active pods inside, but if there were, either the Grineer got them...or the self-destruct did."

Cardina's eyes narrowed, thinking. "Cross, it is possible that she didn't leave the Void. She could still be on the tower the portal was linked to." The HELL did you say that for? Cardina yelled in her mind, he didn't need to know that! You could have just told me later! Or just thought it!

Edited by SnaleKing

Cardina's eyes narrowed, thinking. "Cross, it is possible that she didn't leave the Void. She could still be on the tower the portal was linked to." The HELL did you say that for? Cardina yelled in her mind, he didn't need to know that! You could have just told me later!

Cross looked at Temperance with eyes of a angry parent, he walked over to Temperance, shoving Cardina aside and grabbing the Ash, shoving up against the wall

"What are you trying to tell me?! WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY?! THAT MY DAUGHTER IS DEAD?! THAT MY DAUGHTER IS CAPTURED BY SOME GRINEER SCUM OR HAS BEEN DESTROYED BY SOME SUICIDAL MACHINE?! TELL ME!" Shouted the Prime.

The Temperature in the room dropping dramaticly and ice forming in his hands and about to encase the Ash in a Tomb of ice. The Anger of a Prime is surely a dangerous one

Edited by Drakeardian

Cross looked at Temperance with eyes of a angry parent, he walked over to Temperance, shoving Cardina aside and grabbing the Ash, shoving up against the wall

"What are you trying to tell me?! WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY?! THAT MY DAUGHTER IS DEAD?! THAT MY DAUGHTER IS CAPTURED BY SOME GRINEER SCUM OR HAS BEEN DESTROYED BY SOME SUICIDAL MACHINE?! TELL ME!" Shouted the Prime.

The Temperature in the room dropping dramaticly and ice forming in his hands and about to encase the Ash in a Tomb of ice. The Anger of a Prime is surely a dangerous one

"Cross," Cardina stood up, showing an unbroken calm; Temperance, however, would know different, as the vines in the room began curling towards Cross. "His cryopod was the only one on that base. They must have been separated in the Void; Amber could still be there."