The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Ic] The Call Of The Faithful [Open Rp]

Sumika1204

"Not really, but you are the first human I've seen on this ship. How long have you been here?"

"Only for a few hours, I'm hiding out from the Grineer until my boss calls me back to the frontlines" Samantha replied with a sigh. The things the Grineer talked about and what they wanted to do to her.

"Those Grineer practically deserve to Die"

"Understood Cyrios," Temperance said grimly.  "As for this one..."  He rose and walked out of the cell.  "Mortos, Ephialtes may have a collaborator on board; Cardina and I will search for whomever it is.  This former Tenno also has a standing order of execution for her crimes; as representative of the Lotus, I authorize you to enact it in my stead.  Though out of respect for the Tenno she once was, I would request that you make it quick and relatively painless."

He almost stumbled as the strangest feeling came through his connection to Cardina.  Like the energy drain of a magnetic proc, but applied to his body rather than his Warframe...

Temperance...the thought crawled into his mind, and his blood ran cold.

"No," he whispered.  "I couldn't have..."  He sprinted from the room, heading for the last place he had felt Cardina's presence.

She was slumped in a doorway when he found her, barely conscious.

"Cardina, can you hear me?"  Temperance knelt at her side, trying desperately to pinpoint the source of the terrible emptiness that was eating away at her.  "Don't tell me...I did this?"

Healing mist would be no help here; her ailment was beyond physical.  Temperance set his hands on her shoulders, focusing his entire being on her fading consciousness.  Hang on Cardina.  He began to pour his 'frame's energy into her, just to keep her systems going.  Something else - his own Void energy - went with it, but Temperance did not care.  Cardina was dying, and it could well be his fault.

He slid an arm under Cardina's shoulder, dragging her up with him, and began to limp painfully in the direction of the Garden as he continued to feed energy into her body.

Please Cardina.  Hold on.  Hold on...

"No, Nonono-" Cardina pawed at Temperance's arms weakly, sobbing at the pain. "The portal, I-I broke it, there's no, no, no Nonono," the energy of her frame faded and flickered, and her voice sounded like someone choking on broken glass. "I need- I need to go back, I'm so so hungry. Eat the Void." her white energy turned black, and her body grew steadily colder and lighter. "Take me to the portal, Golem, I'm sorry. I need the Void, I need the Flesh, I need to be whole."

"No, Nonono-" Cardina pawed at Temperance's arms weakly, sobbing at the pain. "The portal, I-I broke it, there's no, no, no Nonono," the energy of her frame faded and flickered, and her voice sounded like someone choking on broken glass. "I need- I need to go back, I'm so so hungry. Eat the Void." her white energy turned black, and her body grew steadily colder and lighter. "Take me to the portal, Golem, I'm sorry. I need the Void, I need the Flesh, I need to be whole."

As Tatsuya helps Temperence into his ship, Miho could hear her speak, 'Eat the void? What?' "Tatsu something is really wrong we have to hurry her skin is getting paler! And you must be Temperence right? Where do we need to take her?"

Edited by Unendingblade

Ansilm hears the whispers and becomes focused on them Cardina seems to be infected "They shouldn't have done it. She should have gone through training before that but with enough strong will she will survive" he whispered to itself "May the gods smile on you young one if you survive. May the death embrace you with all warm if you fail on the challenge" he continued, pocketed the book and pulled out his rifle put of the safe from it then reloaded it both weapon's mags as he stood on cafeteria.

Edited by Revel72

"Only for a few hours, I'm hiding out from the Grineer until my boss calls me back to the frontlines" Samantha replied with a sigh. The things the Grineer talked about and what they wanted to do to her.

"Those Grineer practically deserve to Die"

Jinx only had to read her emotional state and surface thoughts to know she really didn't want to dig deeper in that and tried to direct the conversation to something more informative.

"Don't they all...But that means you've been here for longer than I have. Say you wouldn't happen to know what's going on? Things just erupted into chaos when we got here and no-one have taken the time to talk with us"

Edited by Lady_Viper

As Tatsuya helps Temperence into his ship, Miho could hear her speak, 'Eat the void? What?' "Tatsu something is really wrong we have to hurry her skin is getting paler! And you must be Temperence right? Where do we need to take her?"

"Garden...Cardina's Garden..." Temperance panted.  "Can't teleport, need...all the energy...I can...spare..."

Enough Cardina!  You are not Infested!  You are you!  Cardina, the Herald of the Ascension, always in control!  You are Tenno, and you can fight this!  

"Cyrios," he gasped between breaths.  "Shutting down systems...download yourself...to my ship.  Foundry should...be repaired...use it...to make your body."

I'm so sorry, Cardina.  Please, fight this.  Come back to me...

"Garden...Cardina's Garden..." Temperance panted.  "Can't teleport, need...all the energy...I can...spare..."

Enough Cardina!  You are not Infested!  You are you!  Cardina, the Herald of the Ascension, always in control!  You are Tenno, and you can fight this!  

"Cyrios," he gasped between breaths.  "Shutting down systems...download yourself...to my ship.  Foundry should...be repaired...use it...to make your body."

I'm so sorry, Cardina.  Please, fight this.  Come back to me...

Tatsuya nods, "Just download the coordinates to my ship's nav computer, and we will be on our way. Church of Ascension this is the Izanami, requesting clearance to take off."

Miho just places a wet towel on Cardina's forehead, "It's okay Cardina we're here, we'll get you to your garden."

Tatsuya nods, "Just download the coordinates to my ship's nav computer, and we will be on our way. Church of Ascension this is the Izanami, requesting clearance to take off."

Miho just places a wet towel on Cardina's forehead, "It's okay Cardina we're here, we'll get you to your garden."

Exhaustion robbed Temperance of any semblance of patience or decorum.  "Idiots!" he snapped.  "Aboard the derelict...off main hall...Infested Garden...beautiful..."

His voice became forced.  "Need to hurry..."

Edited by Temperance000

"That's great work Cyrill, but please be a little more discreet next time. We've already annoyed enough of these people as it is, we won't be able to give much of a fight to the Corpus if we're all at each others throats. Now that being said, if you could link me to the ships scanners, I have a hunch I would like to check."

"Alright Arkas, you should have most of those scanner signals heading your way.  In the spirit of remaining discreet, however, I'm only giving you the mid range scanners.  Your helmet couldn't handle all the scanners; it'd be like 1,000 Codex Scanners all in one place.  Now they should be--"

Cyrill paused as he got a small reading on Cardina's life signal.  It was deviating from extremely large to a flatline over and over.

"Oh.  That's not right.  Change of plans, Plexon.  Scan later; for now I need you to go check on Cardina.  She's either dead or really alive."

Exhaustion robbed Temperance of any semblance of patience or decorum.  "Idiots!" he snapped.  "Aboard the derelict...off main hall...Infested Garden...beautiful..."

His voice became forced.  "Need to hurry..."

Tatsuya mentally slaps himself at his own stupidity, but nodded as he was just worried, he carries Cardina, "Alright just lead us to the garden. Miho see if you can get anyone to help as well." Miho nods still without her helmet on and heads to the main hall and spots a Volt with a Shade meditating, "Uhm excuse me! We need help over here, please!"

Edited by Unendingblade

"Alright Arkas, you should have most of those scanner signals heading your way.  In the spirit of remaining discreet, however, I'm only giving you the mid range scanners.  Your helmet couldn't handle all the scanners; it'd be like 1,000 Codex Scanners all in one place.  Now they should be--"

Cyrill paused as he got a small reading on Cardina's life signal.  It was deviating from extremely large to a flatline over and over.

"Oh.  That's not right.  Change of plans, Plexon.  Scan later; for now I need you to go check on Cardina.  She's either dead or really alive."

Not exactly the day I was planning on when I woke up this morning

"I'm on my way, ping her location on my HUD"

Arkas jumps up and quickly apologizes to the Ash he ran into, then takes off in full sprint down the hall.

Samantha gives a shrug and put her arms in a side exasperated "I wish I knew, all I know is there's a Corpus Fleet coming our way and Engineers are working on the Derelict or something like that, I'm starting to wonder if these guys even get a normal day around here?" Replied Samantha as she fiddled with the strap on her bracers

Tatsuya mentally slaps himself at his own stupidity, but nodded as he was just worried, he carries Cardina, "Alright just lead us to the garden."

Arkas slides to stop in front of Tatsuya.

"Are you guys heading to the Garden?"

Edited by Arkitect_ShadowFrame

Arkas slides to stop in front of Tatsuya.

"Are you guys heading to the Garden?"

Tatsuya nods, "We are, something is wrong her, Temperence here knows more than I do, my girlfriend is also finding help, we're gonna need all the help we can get."

Tatsuya nods, "We are, something is wrong her, Temperence here knows more than I do, my girlfriend is also finding help, we're gonna need all the help we can get.""

"Then follow me"

Arkas turns and they both hurry down the hallway.

"Cyrill, I need you to waypoint the Garden's location"

Edited by Arkitect_ShadowFrame

"Then follow me"

Arkas turns and they both hurry down the hallway.

"Cyrill, I need you to waypoint the Garden's location"

Tatsuya nods, "Thank you, Miho get over here come on!" Miho rushes back and follows the new stranger leading them to the garden.

Samantha gives a shrug and put her arms in a side exasperated "I wish I knew, all I know is there's a Corpus Fleet coming our way and Engineers are working on the Derelict or something like that, I'm starting to wonder if these guys even get a normal day around here?" Replied Samantha as she fiddled with the strap on her bracers

That genuinely surprised and choked her. Although she did a good job not to let that show in her voice "Then you do know a lot more than we do. We had no idea there's a Corpus Fleet inbound" Jinx said as she crossed her arms over her chest.

Transferring the waypoint to Tatsuya, Arkas turns down the other hall where they left Temperance.

"Get her to the Garden! I'll take care of Temperance"

Tatsuya and Miho both nod and rushes into the garden, as they enter Miho could only stare in awe at the beauty of the garden. Tatsuya places Cardina in the middle and takes a step back, hoping something will happen. 'All we can do now is wait'

That genuinely surprised and choked her. Although she did a good job not to let that show in her voice "Then you do know a lot more than we do. We had no idea there's a Corpus Fleet inbound" Jinx said as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"Well that's another reason to be on guard as well, the Red Veil are wanted by the Corpus also and they have similar methods to the Grineer if you know what I mean?" Replied Samantha "I'm Samantha Church by the way"

Edited by Drakeardian

"Oh Arkas; you're going to love this.  I made my way through the engineering bay, and the systems here are all running on old Orokin operation systems.  The old Orokin systems are indeed more complex, but with a little bit of fine tuning, I'm connected to the whole system."

"Now we came here for a reason, right?  To figure out what all the fuss was about.  For that reason, in the spare time I've had while I was re-organizing the defense grid for optimal performance, I ran a decoding script on all comm channels that has given me bits and pieces of what everyone has been saying.  I mean everyone.  Apparently Temperance currently has an AI inside his suit updating his systems, and he's giving Temperance info on a certain Nyx inside this ship.  Her name is Ephialtes, and you're not going to like her.  I need to establish a line with Temperance, because I have the most brilliant plan."

"Oh, and a girl named Miho took her clothes off."

"Temperance!  This is Cyrill Ezekias Legránd.  I am currently running your security and defense grid and I couldn't help but catch what you're doing.  Whatever happens, we need this 'Ephialtes' alive...she's connected to the Corpus, and with her, I can get info on the oncoming assault and prepare the defenses of the ship accordingly."

"Temperance...she's our hope."

The communication officer for the church noticed someone was tampering with the encryption of the communication channels and listening in on people through their own helmets. That definitely wouldn't do and as such, he loaded in a different preset for the encryption which not only meant Cyrill would have to start his decoding from scratch but he could no longer listen in on bits and pieces of what people were saying. The communication officer.

As requested by the communication officer, a Valkyr who was among the church's engineers walked up to Cyrill and tapped him on the shoulder. "Just what are you doing? You're the only foreign entity doing anything to the systems here and I got a complaint from our communications officer. If I'm not mistaken, Cardina said you're supposed to follow the orders of the Acolytes regarding the work here."

"Then I am sure the Tenno Council would Enjoy your trial" Replied the Nekros as he walked away, checking on the Engineering team that was working on the weapons and defences,

Meanwhile Samantha looked to the Nyx, She was trained to deal with mental confrontations but she put the safeties on all her weapons just incase

Mortos wanted to laugh when he heard Corvo entertain the thought of giving someone like her a trial. He had heard enough and by the rules and regulations of the church,Ephialtes' life was forfeit. "She won't be getting a trial. Her actions have spoken for her and I sentence her to death."

"Understood Cyrios," Temperance said grimly.  "As for this one..."  He rose and walked out of the cell.  "Mortos, Ephialtes may have a collaborator on board; Cardina and I will search for whomever it is.  This former Tenno also has a standing order of execution for her crimes; as representative of the Lotus, I authorize you to enact it in my stead.  Though out of respect for the Tenno she once was, I would request that you make it quick and relatively painless."

"I don't need your authorization. She has already broken the laws of the church and shown hostility to her fellow Tenno. She is sentenced to death unless other uses can be found for her."

He almost stumbled as the strangest feeling came through his connection to Cardina.  Like the energy drain of a magnetic proc, but applied to his body rather than his Warframe...

Temperance...the thought crawled into his mind, and his blood ran cold.

"No," he whispered.  "I couldn't have..."  He sprinted from the room, heading for the last place he had felt Cardina's presence.

She was slumped in a doorway when he found her, barely conscious.

"Cardina, can you hear me?"  Temperance knelt at her side, trying desperately to pinpoint the source of the terrible emptiness that was eating away at her.  "Don't tell me...I did this?"

Healing mist would be no help here; her ailment was beyond physical.  Temperance set his hands on her shoulders, focusing his entire being on her fading consciousness.  Hang on Cardina.  He began to pour his 'frame's energy into her, just to keep her systems going.  Something else - his own Void energy - went with it, but Temperance did not care.  Cardina was dying, and it could well be his fault.

He slid an arm under Cardina's shoulder, dragging her up with him, and began to limp painfully in the direction of the Garden as he continued to feed energy into her body.

Please Cardina.  Hold on.  Hold on...

Due to their strong connection to void energies, Mortos and Gaia could feel Cardina's energies waning. Mortos was preoccupied with selecting the method of execution he planned to use on Ephialtes and he didn't want to let her out of his sight lest she decide to try something. Gaia, on the other hand, was free as a cell had just assisted her in opening vaults in the lower areas of the derelict. The Orokin artefacts recovered were tinted by void radiation and would have to be cleaned of it, which could easily be done over time by her and Mortos but there was a more pressing situation at hand requiring the artefacts.

Gaia was already on her way to the upper floors via the elevators with the cell of Tenno with her. A Valkyr, a Zephyr, a Volt and a Hydroid had been the ones to handle the dragons keys and now the artefacts.