The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Ic] The Call Of The Faithful [Open Rp]

Sumika1204

((Umm, guys, Temperance is still stuck to Cardina.  He never let go of her.  Not cool, leaving him behind like that.))

Transferring the waypoint to Tatsuya, Arkas turns down the other hall where they left Temperance.

"Get her to the Garden! I'll take care of Temperance"

Temperance barely restrained himself from choking the life out of Arkas when Tatsuya pulled Cardina from his arms.

"Are...you...F*CKING BLIND?" he snarled to the other Ash, nearly collapsing.  He had been leaning on Cardina almost as much as she had been leaning on him.  "I need to be with her!  I need to...keep her...here..."  Flatly refusing to acknowledge the other Tenno, he stumbled after Tatsuya and Miho as fast as his weakened limbs could carry him. 

He made the Garden faster than he would have though possible, pushing past Tatsuya and Miho to collapse at Cardina's side.

You're stuck with me, you stubborn Tenno.  He tried to put humor into the thought, but all that came out was exhaustion.  Please Cardina.  Please...

He reached out as he had felt Cardina do once before.  Help me he pleaded.  Help me save her.

Sluggishly, the vines began to stir, creeping towards the two prone Tenno and wrapping over them, weaving a living cocoon that glowed soft blue.

Edited by Temperance000

As the Tenno came into the garden the Volt snaps from his meditation but stays where he is, seeing as how none of them have seen him. He watches what unfolds in surprise, even the energy in his hand begins to act strangely as it pulses like a heartbeat.

What is going on here?!

Edited by JJKDrake

((Umm, guys, Temperance is still stuck to Cardina.  He never let go of her.  Not cool, leaving him behind like that.))

Temperance nearly choked the life out of Arkas when Tatsuya pulled Cardina from his arms.

"Are...you...F*CKING BLIND?" he snarled to the other Ash, nearly collapsing.  He had been leaning on Cardina almost as much as she had been leaning on him.  "I need to be with her!  I need to...keep her...here..."  Flatly refusing to acknowledge the other Tenno, he stumbled after Tatsuya and Miho as fast as his weakened limbs could carry him. 

He made the Garden faster than he would have though possible, pushing past Tatsuya, Miho, and a Volt he didn't know to collapse at Cardina's side.

You're stuck with me, you stubborn Tenno.  He tried to put humor into the thought, but all that came out was exhaustion.  Please Cardina.  Please...

He reached out as he had felt Cardina do once before.  Help me he pleaded.  Help me save her.

Sluggishly, the vines began to stir, creeping towards the two prone Tenno and wrapping over them, weaving a living cocoon that glowed soft blue.

Miho with her arms wrapped around Tatsuya's just watched, "Tatsu are they gonna be okay? Please tell me they will be ok?" Tatsuya could only shake his head, "I don't know, I hope so, we'll just have to wait, and hope."

Miho nods and leans her head onto her lovers arm, "Mmm"

As requested by the communication officer, a Valkyr who was among the church's engineers walked up to Cyrill and tapped him on the shoulder. "Just what are you doing? You're the only foreign entity doing anything to the systems here and I got a complaint from our communications officer. If I'm not mistaken, Cardina said you're supposed to follow the orders of the Acolytes regarding the work here."

Cyrill froze in his tracks, his finger just coming off the waypoint button.  "You are most certainly right, sister.  However; and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, not a single Acolyte has said a word to me thus far, and I have singlehandedly retrieved necessary intel from Ephiales regarding the up and coming Corpus holocaust of a navy, and also am currently saving your Herald's life by guiding her followers to their destination.  While your point is valid, stop me and you lose your Herald."  Cyrill was not one to cause conflict; he simply needed his space and was not afraid to say what needed to be said.

Temperance nearly choked the life out of Arkas when Tatsuya pulled Cardina from his arms.

He made the Garden faster than he would have though possible, pushing past Tatsuya, Miho, and a Volt he didn't know to collapse at Cardina's side.

((Okay, I misread something some where, it looked like Tatsuya had taken her from you, my bad))

Chasing after the group, Arkas arrives just in time to see Cardina get wrapped in an infested vine cocoon.

Edited by Arkitect_ShadowFrame

((I swear the problems caused by the monkeys running the power company make me want to go over there and smack one of those idiots with a wrench to get them to do their jobs properly for at least a day. Sorry about the time skipping but because my post had been delayed earlier by a power outage knocking out my internet for a bit, I have to accelerate things in order to catch up though I can't expect anyone to reverse time to accommodate me having characters respond to somewhat old posts.))

Gaia arrived in the garden, following the signs of what void energy Cardina had still had left at the time with the cell of Tenno right behind her, each of them holding an artefact. Gaia looked to the cocoon and asked those standing nearby, "Just what happened?"

Cyrill froze in his tracks, his finger just coming off the waypoint button.  "You are most certainly right, sister.  However; and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, not a single Acolyte has said a word to me thus far, and I have singlehandedly retrieved necessary intel from Ephiales regarding the up and coming Corpus holocaust of a navy, and also am currently saving your Herald's life by guiding her followers to their destination.  While your point is valid, stop me and you lose your Herald."  Cyrill was not one to cause conflict; he simply needed his space and was not afraid to say what needed to be said.

"Because you didn't report to a single one of us for orders and just went right to work for once. Secondly, you couldn't have retrieved anything from the prisoner if you were down here the whole time while she was interrogated in the upper levels so that has to be a lie and might I add that I don't like being lied to. Third, a medic would get to her without your help though the thought is appreciated."

Edited by Sumika1204

((I swear the problems caused by the monkeys running the power company make me want to go over there and smack one of those idiots with a wrench to get them to do their jobs properly for at least a day. Sorry about the time skipping but because my post had been delayed earlier by a power outage knocking out my internet for a bit, I have to accelerate things in order to catch up though I can't expect anyone to reverse time to accommodate me having characters respond to somewhat old posts.))

Gaia arrived in the garden, following the signs of what void energy Cardina had still had left at the time with the cell of Tenno right behind her, each of them holding an artefact. Gaia looked to the cocoon and asked those standing nearby, "Just what happened?"

Miho could only look at the mysterious Tenno that just recently arrived, Tatsuya was the one that spoke up, "We don't know exactly, Cardina just suddenly felt weakend, so did Temperence, as soon I placed Cardina in the middle, Temperence collapsed beside her as well, and the plants around here just formed a cocoon onto them."

Miho could only look with a worried face, "Will they be alright?"

"Well that's another reason to be on guard as well, the Red Veil are wanted by the Corpus also and they have similar methods to the Grineer if you know what I mean?" Replied Samantha "I'm Samantha Church by the way"

"Jinx. And you should know that the Red Veil got my clans support"

"Jinx. And you should know that the Red Veil got my clans support"

Samantha smiles "Good to know, Cantis thinks we can both support eachother in this grim war, but even before we decided to join the Red Veil we heard a lot about the Tenno, From Honourable heroes to bloodthirsty killers and Psychopaths, So ah...forgive us if we're a bit nervous?"

"Because you didn't report to a single one of us for orders and just went right to work for once. Secondly, you couldn't have retrieved anything from the prisoner if you were down here the whole time while she was interrogated in the upper levels so that has to be a lie and might I add that I don't like being lied to. Third, a medic would get to her without your help though the thought is appreciated."

"While it is correct that I did not report to you, and I apologize, what I have retrieved from the prisoner has come from Temperance's comms and Arkas Plexon.  Very little has been revealed...however, it's more than you would know--no offense, of course, as I was the one plugged in and you weren't.  Now, if you would, I'm going to return to my normal work...rest assured I will not take advantage of my current position.  I only request you let me do what I'm doing for the benefit of your Church."

"I'm on your side, Tenno."

Miho could only look at the mysterious Tenno that just recently arrived, Tatsuya was the one that spoke up, "We don't know exactly, Cardina just suddenly felt weakend, so did Temperence, as soon I placed Cardina in the middle, Temperence collapsed beside her as well, and the plants around here just formed a cocoon onto them."

Miho could only look with a worried face, "Will they be alright?"

Gaia glanced at the cocoon before looking back to Miho. "They will be but they need a dose of void radiation, which I had these Acolytes bring with them. Orokin artefacts tend to be contaminated with it and need to be cleaned but this works well enough." She had the Zephyr come forward first and Gaia put one hand on the artefact and another on the cocoon. She transferred the radiation from the artefact and through her body then into the cocoon where it flowed into both Temperance and Cardina. Cardina received the larger share of it as Gaia merely topped up Temperance's reserves to set him back to normal levels.

"While it is correct that I did not report to you, and I apologize, what I have retrieved from the prisoner has come from Temperance's comms and Arkas Plexon.  Very little has been revealed...however, it's more than you would know--no offense, of course, as I was the one plugged in and you weren't.  Now, if you would, I'm going to return to my normal work...rest assured I will not take advantage of my current position.  I only request you let me do what I'm doing for the benefit of your Church."

"I'm on your side, Tenno."

"Fine but no funny business." The Valkyr left to continue her work elsewhere.

Temperance was beginning to understand why Cardina felt so at home here.  Beneath the blue aegis of the infested vines, nothing could touch them.

He focused on the shivering Tenno in his arms, wrapping them both in the warmth of the Garden's power.  His own body felt increasingly light within his Warframe, but Cardina was practically weightless.  Weightless, and frozen.  

A pulse of heat throbbed through the cocoon, and Temperance let out an involuntary gasp.  Void energy.

It diffused through them both in slow, hot coils, directed by a warm, sheltering hand.  Gaia.

Sending silent thanks, and hoping that the second Divinity could hear them, Temperance let himself go and fell into Cardina's mind, searching the dark, tortured dreamscape for any sign of the Tenno he knew.

Cardina!  He called in the darkness.  Cardina, where are you?

Gaia glanced at the cocoon before looking back to Miho. "They will be but they need a dose of void radiation, which I had these Acolytes bring with them. Orokin artefacts tend to be contaminated with it and need to be cleaned but this works well enough." She had the Zephyr come forward first and Gaia put one hand on the artefact and another on the cocoon. She transferred the radiation from the artefact and through her body then into the cocoon where it flowed into both Temperance and Cardina. Cardina received the larger share of it as Gaia merely topped up Temperance's reserves to set him back to normal levels.

Miho could only sigh in relief, "Oh thank goodness." she just slumps down onto her knees, Tatsuya kneels down, "Miho you okay?" Miho nods and smiles at him lovingly, "Mmm, just tired after today's events." she looks at Gaia, "Thank you for helping them."

Cyrios distance-downloaded himself to Temperance's ship, transferred himself to the recently reconstructed Foundry, and instructed it to reconstruct him. The foundry churned to life, gas spewing forth as mechanical arms grabbed the necessary materials, which included circuits, nano spores, and an ungodly amount of Forma. Soon Cyrios emerged from the machine, his form perfectly reconstructed, down to the gray t-shirt he wore. His invisible guardians found him soon after he stepped out of the self-repairing mess that was Temperance's ship. Opening a comm channel to Mortos, he asked:

"Hey, is Ephialtes still alive? I'd like to have a... 'word' with her."

Ansilm rushed forward to his ship like his kind does the Loki warframe Tenno. He took off and waited at the space for something secretly had send a message to somewhere to call in some reinforcements from another civilizations and cultures after being place. He had send message to Dome of Civilizations. Now he was waiting at his ship for answer to his request. The Tenno at the Church grounds didn't know that Ansilm is one of the Dome's soldiers without an army. Brother of the abandoned and the shield of the weakest. His ship Shogun's scout released a beep.

Ansilm checked the report and found out that it might be this Corpus ship or the reinforcements what he asked. The emblem of DoCS shined on the low sunlight quietly but with honor. His memories went deep in to the very moments of his first death then to second death when he was rescued by a medic of the DoC. This was Tenno who rescued him from his sure death but slowly he recovered and thanks to Ingron he was taught, trained and back to war again but he took the Emblem of DoC as memory about his friendship with the all three leaders of the place. Garoy, Ingron and Anrek.

He wonders how they are now... Should he go there after this.

Samantha smiles "Good to know, Cantis thinks we can both support eachother in this grim war, but even before we decided to join the Red Veil we heard a lot about the Tenno, From Honourable heroes to bloodthirsty killers and Psychopaths, So ah...forgive us if we're a bit nervous?"

"Interesting description of my kin...I'm taking a look around, care to join? Or were you heading somewhere?"

Miho could only sigh in relief, "Oh thank goodness." she just slumps down onto her knees, Tatsuya kneels down, "Miho you okay?" Miho nods and smiles at him lovingly, "Mmm, just tired after today's events." she looks at Gaia, "Thank you for helping them."

"It is my duty to look after our Tenno brothers and sisters. If only helping everyone could be as simple as healing a wound or giving them an infusion whether it be of void energy or healing vapours," Once the excess void energy contaminating the first artefact had been used up, she had the Valkyr come in next to give her more void energy to infuse into Temperance and Cardina should they require it.

Cyrios distance-downloaded himself to Temperance's ship, transferred himself to the recently reconstructed Foundry, and instructed it to reconstruct him. The foundry churned to life, gas spewing forth as mechanical arms grabbed the necessary materials, which included circuits, nano spores, and an ungodly amount of Forma. Soon Cyrios emerged from the machine, his form perfectly reconstructed, down to the gray t-shirt he wore. His invisible guardians found him soon after he stepped out of the self-repairing mess that was Temperance's ship. Opening a comm channel to Mortos, he asked:

"Hey, is Ephialtes still alive? I'd like to have a... 'word' with her."

"Yes, she is.", Mortos replied. "I take it you too have unfinished business with her? You had best hurry. Her execution will take place soon."

"It is my duty to look after our Tenno brothers and sisters. If only helping everyone could be as simple as healing a wound or giving them an infusion whether it be of void energy or healing vapours," Once the excess void energy contaminating the first artefact had been used up, she had the Valkyr come in next to give her more void energy to infuse into Temperance and Cardina should they require it.

Miho was exhausted, it had been a long week for her, being rescued by her knight in shining armor, to finding she was a Tenno, finding love, and nearly watching a fellow Tenno die. Tatsuya faces her,"Miho you seem like you need rest." she nods and makes a small yawn, "I guess I do, it's been a long week, for the both of us." Tatsuya picks her up bridal style and starts walking out of the garden, Miho starts to get all flustered by the bold move her boyfriend made, "W-What are you doing!?"

Tatsuya lets out a small chuckle at her embarassment, "Taking you back to our ship, there's a bed in there so I can leave you there while I get us both dinner at the cafeteria." Miho still helmetless as she left it back at the ship and still red in the cheeks, 'Does he have to carry me like this? Wait, he's carrying me..... he's carrying like a prince would hold a princess! BEST DAY EVER!' all the wonderful thoughts going on in her head while she just smiles leans her head onto his chest as he carries her out back to their new ship.

Cyrios strode purposefully out of the hangar and through the hallways, eventually finding himself at the prison cell containing Ephialtes. He bowed his head respectfully to Mortos, and entered the chamber. Finding his ever-reliable Lex pistol at his side, he quickly downloaded what data her warframe still held and aimed his weapon at her stomach. He pulled the trigger, the round piercing any armour she had in that area, and left the room.

"She's all yours, though I would recommend you hurry. Only a matter of time before her stomach acids get to work."

Edited by fishworshipper

Temperance was beginning to understand why Cardina felt so at home here. Beneath the blue aegis of the infested vines, nothing could touch them.

He focused on the shivering Tenno in his arms, wrapping them both in the warmth of the Garden's power. His own body felt increasingly light within his Warframe, but Cardina was practically weightless. Weightless, and frozen.

A pulse of heat throbbed through the cocoon, and Temperance let out an involuntary gasp. Void energy.

It diffused through them both in slow, hot coils, directed by a warm, sheltering hand. Gaia.

Sending silent thanks, and hoping that the second Divinity could hear them, Temperance let himself go and fell into Cardina's mind, searching the dark, tortured dreamscape for any sign of the Tenno he knew.

Cardina! He called in the darkness. Cardina, where are you?

A horrid black talon shot out of the nothingness, seizing Temperance in its massive, crushing palm.

I AM CONTROL.

Two white eyes blazed into life, burning white stars in the emptiness of space.

NOTHING EXISTS THAT I DO NOT SEE. NOTHING OCCURS THAT I DO NOT CAUSE.

Temperance was thrown, spinning into the darkness, only to be suspended in an invisible spider's Web. It twisted and Jerked, pulling his limbs painfully.

THOSE WHO SERVE ME ARE PUPPETS. THOSE WHO DENY ME ARE CRUSHED.

I AM-

Cardina gasps awake, finding herself in the cocoon with Temperance. A smile teased the corner of her mouth. "What did you do right to get here with me again?"

Edited by SnaleKing

Cyrios strode purposefully out of the hangar and through the hallways, eventually finding himself at the prison cell containing Ephialtes. He bowed his head respectfully to Mortos, and entered the chamber. Finding his ever-reliable Lex pistol at his side, he quickly downloaded what data her warframe still held and aimed his weapon at her stomach. He pulled the trigger, the round piercing any armour she had in that area, and left the room.

"She's all yours, though I would recommend you hurry. Only a matter of time before her stomach acids get to work."

"Oh this will only take a moment." Mortos put his right hand atop Ephialtes' head before his fingers moved as if he was gripping something such as a cloth. He pulled hard and it could be seen that he was gripping what seemed to be a silhouette of Ephialtes' which coloured the same as her energy colour. It came out, head first and Mortos continued to pull, the Nyx screaming and struggling from the pain that was caused to her. She lost energy, her movements slowing as more was pulled out until she had become too tired to even move. When the last bit came out, the body fell limp and Mortos was holding onto the Nyx's soul.

He turned to Cyrios. "If you would excuse me, I have to get a container for this. I think I'll be keeping her as a light." As he walked off, soul in hand, he called to the warden, "Funeral rites should be conducted, much like what those pirates received. Not that I expect anyone to miss her but she was a Tenno at some point."

The Mag Prime nodded before grabbing the body and hauling it out, trying not to get blood everywhere and failing somewhat at that.

A horrid black talon shot out of the nothingness, seizing Temperance in its massive, crushing palm.

I AM CONTROL.

Temperance was thrown, spinning into the darkness, only to be suspended in an invisible spider's Web. It twisted and Jerked, pulling his limbs painfully.

I AM-

Cardina gasps awake, finding herself in the cocoon with Temperance. A smile teased the corner of her mouth. "What did you do right to get here with me again?"

((I am glad the posting rate slowed down in here. Thanks, guys.))

Once Cardina's void energy levels were back to what they should be, Gaia stopped and thanked the Acolytes for their help before sending them off to have the artefacts cleaned and stored in the armoury. She knocked lightly on the surface of the cocoon. "Are you two all right in there?"

I AM CONTROL.

Temperance was thrown, spinning into the darkness, only to be suspended in an invisible spider's Web. It twisted and Jersey, pulling his limbs painfully.

I AM

Temperance came back to himself with a groan, and was relieved to find Cardina awake and smiling.

"Almost killed you with Void energy drain," he muttered, folding his helmet back to massage his temples.  "And almost killed myself keeping you alive.  Gaia saved us both.  She and a few others are waiting outside; at least they were when I sealed us in here and dove into your head looking for you."

A brief memory of Cardina's nightmare flashed across the link before Temperance tried, with mixed success, to suppress it.  Though it was difficult lying on their sides beneath the canopy of living wood, he embraced her as best he could.  

"Gods, I'm an idiot," he whispered.  "I almost killed us both.  I'm so sorry Cardina...but I am glad you're safe.  I'm glad..."  The Ash was actually crying now.