Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Few Suggestions On How To Make The Game Better

kscott190

I've been thinking about this for a few days and I came up with a few suggestions

So it's probably too late to include any of this is U14 so maybe in U15 we can get some of this

1. A actually working lock-on systems while having your melee equipped. The current system doesn't quite actually lock-on to the target but more just move the camera to them and that is all.

2. Removing the "step forward with every melee attack". I don't know about anyone else but this is really annoying having to walk with every attack.

3. Remove the the rolling you do when falling or jumping while sprinting.

4. Redefine Transmute by giving us the ability to create out own Nightmare and Corrupted mods (with limitations of course)

5. Remove rare mods from rare enemies. Seriously, this is the most frustrating thing in the game to find a certain mod that only appears a rare enemy. Gleaming Talon should not be so freaking hard to find.

6. Give us T4 where enemies start off at level 50 that includes Napalms and Bombards.

7. Change how Forma-ing works. What's the point in having 3 separate loadouts if Forma-ing 1 affects the other 2 (ex. forma slot A affects slot B and C)

8. Change how elemental combos work.  If I want to add 2 element combos that use the same element then I should be able to without the 2nd element adding to the first combo.

9. Either remove the 24hr building period or allow for multiples of item to be built.  it's bad enough we have to re-level our weapons/frames after putting a forma on it but then then have to wait 24hrs to wait for one to finish building is just insult on top of injury

10. Either make powers innate for the frames and redefine the mod slot system. I was thinking about something like 3 separate mod categories, Frame Powers (4 slots allowing you to equip and maybe change them out for others in the future),  Power Amplifiers (4-6 slots allowing you to equipped mods such as Blind Rage, Overextended..etc), Ultilties (3 slots allowing you to equip such mods at Shock Absorber, Rush..etc)

11. Have more equivalent mods. Ex, Blaze give +60%  damage and +60% fire damage but there is not electric, cold, or toxin equivalent to it for Shotguns and the same goes for Wildfire for Rifles and Ice Storm for Pistols.

12. Re-balance corrupted mods. Ex, Magnum Force maxed gives +66% damage with +33% less accuracy but it cost 14 mod slots while it non-corrupted counterpart (Hornet Strike) give 220%+ damage for the same mod cost. Another example being Heavy Caliber (+165% dmg/-55% accuracy) which while does give the same amount of damage as it's non-corrupted counterpart (Serration) it adds 2 extra mod slots to it's cost

13. Give Primary and Secondary their own Aura slots.  Auras like Rifle Amp should not be attached to the Warframe but instead to the Primary weapon. Steel Charge should be a Aura for Melee

14. Let there be consequences for one factions taking over others Territory. Tougher enemies, newer enemies, and if the whole planet is taken over a whole new boss to fight. I'd also like to see visual changes (Ex Grineer slowly changing corpus tileset to Grineer and vice-versa)

1. Sure.

2. It really depends on the melee weapon. I understand wanting this for daggers and such, but mobility should be limited with Heavies.

3. No. Don't remove it, lower it. Rolling should only occur when you fall at a speed at which you would normally take fall damage if you weren't a ninja.

4. No. The last thing we need is more mod stacking.

5. Kinda why they're "rare", no? Also, putting rare mods on common enemies will require a hit to the drop rate to balance it. We don't need more RNG.

6. No. There's enough power creep and stat reliance in the game already. The last thing that we need is a new tier that screams "stat-based shooters that don't require skill are okay".

7. Agreed somewhat. I like having my forma apply to all three builds, thank you very much, but I see your point.

8. No. The limitations on the combinations that you can get are an intended feature of Damage 2.0, and it has not hindered gameplay in any way. What you want is more damage-stacking, which is bad.

9. No. That would defeat the purpose of the "Rush" button being available for materials. What we need instead is for the Rush cost to scale with remaining time.

10. Absolutely not. Free slots are neither necessary nor healthy for the game. Again, you're just wanting to revamp a balanced system so you can stack stats.

11. I'm somewhat okay with this, but again, power creep is a huge issue.

12. Are you honestly suggesting that we buff Corrupted mods?

13. No. They are not necessary, and there is no reason to add this other than players going "but I want to stack more stats".

14. Okay with this, but that would be quite a bit of work (especially tileset transitions).

tl;dr

Disagree with most of these, because they encourage the game to turn in a stat-based direction. The game is bad enough in this regard already; don't make it worse.

Maplestory (even if we ignore the pay2win aspect) is an example of what happens when a game walks down this path. 

Edited by SortaRandom

15. Already happened with weapons.

16. No. Primes should be sidegrades to their tenno-forged counterparts. Shimmering gold and bragging rights should be the only significant upgrade Primes have over regulars.

Again, power creep. Stat stacking. Maplestory.

16. No. Primes should be sidegrades to their tenno-forged counterparts. Shimmering gold and bragging rights should be the only significant upgrade Primes have over regulars.

This thing right here ^

We are already seeing this with Rhino Prime which is just 0.1 faster than normal Rhino but makes a big difference in gameplay.

1 + 2. Holding forward to hit things is fine with me, but I hate the "stutter" that happens when you have auto-target on, it actually makes it harder to hit enemies and I've turned it off as a result.

3. I would just prefer this to be more controllable. You can (usually) prevent rolling when falling by not the holding the movement or sprint keys and by falling straight down, but it doesn't always work. You can also change the sprint and roll keys to be separate keys in the bindings menu, this put an end to my random rolling.

4. I just want Transmute to actually give me good, rare mods. I'm tired of wasting 4 rare mods for the same rare that I used in the transmute, or worse, a bloody common.

5. This just adds to the RNG frustration, so I can agree. However, more reasonable drop rates should happen instead.

6. I probably wouldn't do many T4 missions, but I know other people want them.

7. Allowing each loadout to have different Forma'd polarities only seems logical, I'm not sure how it should be handled on a individual loadout level though (Forma per loadout, one change per loadout per Forma, etc.). However, I don't have the time or patience to repeatedly level up weapons after using a Forma, I wish we could just change a polarity and be done with it. Yeah, I'm not a super hardcore player who dedicates his life to this game, sue me.

8. While this would be nice, the game would revert back to "rainbow build on everything". I'm fine with the way it is now.

9. Build times are agonizing and need to be changed (like 12 hours max, go to sleep/work -> new stuff), I don't give two cow pats that the game is free-to-play, it's ridiculous.

10. This has been suggested before (in a very detailed, in-depth post), though it was more to do away with the mod system and overhaul the game to be more skill tree oriented. Whoever made the thread honestly should be on the dev team making it real a thing, but I'd just settle for more mod slots at this point. There are so many mods that I can't/won't use because I can only use "the" build for each frame or otherwise be gimped. I understand the balance surrounding the limit, but I'd like to have my build and be able to run up a flight of stairs without running out of stamina.

11. I'm fine with mod variance, though I don't like how some Cold and Electricity mods get shafted compared to Fire and Toxin ones, damage wise. In any case, I'm sure there will be more 60%/60% elemental event mods, so you'll get your wish in one way or another.

12. Corrupted mods are corrupt, costs included.

13. Maybe, might give too much power (ie: mod points).

14. I don't think factions would completely rebuild a node to fit their tileset, but maybe we could see them make "modifications" to the tileset. For example, the Corpus could set up Moa stations in Grineer tilesets which are wired into nearby Grineer computers, perhaps they also have mobile security turrets placed around the environment. The Grineer could have a bunch of generators and machines brought it, either because they destroyed the Corpus power source or they're salvaging the place for materials. The devs could take it as far as they want, but those are just some ideas. New bosses based on take-overs could be cool but it would be a lot of work, maybe have specialized invasion squads or tacticians instead of full-blown bosses?

Edited by Ailith

1. Sounds good; I don't use Melee 2.0 though.

2. I like this feature, so my biased opinion is no.

3. I like an above suggestion -- only roll at very high heights, or at least set it to a hotkey.

4. No. They should be unique as they are powerful and different from normal mods.

5. I understand people hate the grind, but I think it should stay as-is. Even if it was in the drop tables of lesser enemies, it'd be such a ridiculously low chance everyone would get mad anyway.

6. It sounds fun, but most people who want to fight high level enemies just do Pluto or Survival/Defense which essentially far surpass a tier 4.

7. Something that makes sense and should probably be considered by DE. It would screw over some people, though.

8. No comment -- I'm not that deep into how elemental combining works aside from what to combine, but from what I do know it seems fine.

9. Plan ahead. Get Forma building ASAP, even if you don't need it at the time. There are plenty of other things to do while you are waiting for an item to complete.

10. This has been asked for a lot, and I am pretty sure that in a past developer livestream, they said that this will never happen (but don't quote me on that). It's fine as-is. We don't need more mod slots to make us even more powerful to crush what we have even more than we do. There are auras to make your powers more effective if you must.

11. I don't think this should be a thing either. Blaze is excellent for say, an Ignis, to boost its damage to counter the massive hordes of ancients in long defense/survivals, but it shouldn't be available on every weapon. You'd just be decking yourself out with the same mods on all three weapons to overpower everything in your path.

12. Corrupted Mods are just as they are called -- corrupted. Sacrifice for power. Give up brains for brawns. They aren't a main mod like Serration, more of a boost to a build if you so choose to use it.

13. They might add auras to primaries and secondaries in the future, but I don't see it as necessary. They can get pretty powerful as-is, and most people have Forma'd the hell out of their main weapons just as others will do for maximum mod point usage.

14. This could be cool. Phorid already appears if he takes over a boss node. As of now, though, the consequence is that if you allow Corpus to take over, there will be much fewer Grineer nodes and vice versa. The map changing is probably extensive, though.

15. More content is becoming mastery rank locked, like the Dragon Nikana I believe. But that weapon is also very powerful from what I hear. Making primes locked would mean more work on top of farming for hours for all the pieces, and would mean they need to be entirely worth it.

16. DE has already said no to this a couple of times. If Primes Frames are more powerful (which I agree makes sense since they are the original creation) then there would be no incentive to play the normal versions except for mastery EXP. It's a good and bad idea all wrapped in one, but the bad outweighs the good, so I believe they should not have a stat advantage.

Edited by Aramet

1. Sure.

2. It really depends on the melee weapon. I understand wanting this for daggers and such, but mobility should be limited with Heavies.

3. No. Don't remove it, lower it. Rolling should only occur when you fall at a speed at which you would normally take fall damage if you weren't a ninja.

4. No. The last thing we need is more mod stacking. Mod stacking already exist in cookie-cutter form, what I'm suggest is a unique way of modding out your Warframe.

5. Kinda why they're "rare", no? Also, putting rare mods on common enemies will require a hit to the drop rate to balance it. We don't need more RNG.  Instead of moving them to common enemies the rare ones should be made more common

6. No. There's enough power creep and stat reliance in the game already. The last thing that we need is a new tier that screams "stat-based shooters that don't require skill are okay". This is a stat based game that doesn't require skill. This isn't some COD type game where you're actually going up against another player, this game is strictly PvE where stats count

7. Agreed somewhat. I like having my forma apply to all three builds, thank you very much, but I see your point.

8. No. The limitations on the combinations that you can get are an intended feature of Damage 2.0, and it has not hindered gameplay in any way. What you want is more damage-stacking, which is bad. The whole point of damage is to stack it, the more damage you do the quicker you can take out the enemy.

9. No. That would defeat the purpose of the "Rush" button being available for materials. What we need instead is for the Rush cost to scale with remaining time.

How many actually use "Rush" and how many can and/or want to spend up to 50 platinum for every "Rush", especially when they need to do about 10+ of the same item

10. Absolutely not. Free slots are neither necessary nor healthy for the game. Again, you're just wanting to revamp a balanced system so you can stack stats. The system is not balanced what-so-ever. There are probably hundreds of mods that go used for the same few that either increase Range, Duration, or Power Strength on frames that maybe 2 or 3 of it's powers equipped. Tell me how many players have you ran into that are using all 4 of there powers for that frame? or using 1 or 2 power and using the rest of the slot to maximize them while forsaking others mods?

11. I'm somewhat okay with this, but again, power creep is a huge issue. This isn't about power creeping, it's more about having the loadout I want without having to use a mod I don't want to use. Blaze is the only elemental mod that adds a damage buff for shotguns and it's most likely people that having it are probably using it even though they don't want to, all because that want the damage increase

12. Are you honestly suggesting that we buff Corrupted mods? Yes and No, I'm suggesting a balance. Heavy Caliber shouldn't cost 2 more mod slots then Serration when it has the added affect of negative accuracy, so either reduced it's mod slot cost to 1 or 2 less then Serration or buff it's damage (along with it's negative accuracy) while keeping it's cost the same

13. No. They are not necessary, and there is no reason to add this other than players going "but I want to stack more stats". There are other mods that do something other then add stats like the Scavengers mods

14. Okay with this, but that would be quite a bit of work (especially tileset transitions).

tl;dr

Disagree with most of these, because they encourage the game to turn in a power-creeping stat-based direction. The game is bad enough in this regard already; don't make it worse. Power creep is apart of nearly every game ever made. If  this new weapon isn't going to have better stats then this old one then what's the point in having it or making it

1. Sounds good; I don't use Melee 2.0 though.

2. I like this feature, so my biased opinion is no.

3. I like an above suggestion -- only roll at very high heights, or at least set it to a hotkey.

4. No. They should be unique as they are powerful and different from normal mods.

5. I understand people hate the grind, but I think it should stay as-is. Even if it was in the drop tables of lesser enemies, it'd be such a ridiculously low chance everyone would get mad anyway.

6. It sounds fun, but most people who want to fight high level enemies just do Pluto or Survival/Defense which essentially far surpass a tier 4.

7. Something that makes sense and should probably be considered by DE. It would screw over some people, though.

8. No comment -- I'm not that deep into how elemental combining works aside from what to combine, but from what I do know it seems fine.

9. Plan ahead. Get Forma building ASAP, even if you don't need it at the time. There are plenty of other things to do while you are waiting for an item to complete.

10. This has been asked for a lot, and I am pretty sure that in a past developer livestream, they said that this will never happen (but don't quote me on that). It's fine as-is. We don't need more mod slots to make us even more powerful to crush what we have even more than we do. There are auras to make your powers more effective if you must. Then remove the the ability to add mod points, problem solved

11. I don't think this should be a thing either. Blaze is excellent for say, an Ignis, to boost its damage to counter the massive hordes of ancients in long defense/survivals, but it shouldn't be available on every weapon. You'd just be decking yourself out with the same mods on all three weapons to overpower everything in your path. Blaze doesn't work on Ignis because it's a shotgun mod and nowhere did i say it should work on every weapon, you've told misread that whole paragraph.

12. Corrupted Mods are just as they are called -- corrupted. Sacrifice for power. Give up brains for brawns. They aren't a main mod like Serration, more of a boost to a build if you so choose to use it.

13. They might add auras to primaries and secondaries in the future, but I don't see it as necessary. They can get pretty powerful as-is, and most people have Forma'd the hell out of their main weapons just as others will do for maximum mod point usage.

14. This could be cool. Phorid already appears if he takes over a boss node. As of now, though, the consequence is that if you allow Corpus to take over, there will be much fewer Grineer nodes and vice versa. The map changing is probably extensive, though.

15. More content is becoming mastery rank locked, like the Dragon Nikana I believe. But that weapon is also very powerful from what I hear. Making primes locked would mean more work on top of farming for hours for all the pieces, and would mean they need to be entirely worth it.

16. DE has already said no to this a couple of times. If Primes Frames are more powerful (which I agree makes sense since they are the original creation) then there would be no incentive to play the normal versions except for mastery EXP. It's a good and bad idea all wrapped in one, but the bad outweighs the good, so I believe they should not have a stat advantage. Dumbest excuse ever.

-Then remove the the ability to add mod points, problem solved

Don't add mod points to make an excuse to remove Warframe skills as mods and make them innate and consequently add three more mod slots for other types of mods? Even if they did that, I imagine people would just use the same setup as they do now (max out power efficiency and strength and stamina as much as possible) without the planning for what's best for the frame they are using. This would just make every frame a powerhouse 1-4 spammer while hardly ever worrying about their energy or HP.

As I said, there are auras that can make your powers more effective (i.e. Corrosive Projection) without having to tank your energy usage and maximize your damage to crush everything in your path.

-Blaze doesn't work on Ignis because it's a shotgun mod and nowhere did i say it should work on every weapon, you've told misread that whole paragraph.

The Blaze thing was my bad, I meant to say Wildfire but I ended up confusing the two in my typing frenzy. As for misunderstanding you, you said there should be more equivalents (i.e. electric/cold version of Blaze for Shotguns, fire/toxin version of Ice Storm for Pistol). I feel like I understood you fine. The mods have slight differences like magazine capacity and damage increase, but you'd still be using a cold-type Blaze for your Shotgun and Ice Storm on Pistol and so on for a faction weak to ice, thus decking your elemental stats on your whole loadout sky high and hitting like a truck. That's why I said I don't think there's should be multiple versions, exact replicates or not, for each one, because it would just create so much power.

However, I'm sure there will be more elemental damage increasing mods in the future as the game continues to grow anyway.

-Dumbest excuse ever.

Good answer....?

Even the developers have said that it would render the normal frames useless, which is what would be dumb. Why have two frames that work exactly the same and look essentially the same, but one is superior to the other? It's a waste of time put in by the artists of DE and resources in the game. They might as well make only the prime equivalents as content is released.

If the excuse to have both is "one being easier to farm," that is a terrible reason, especially when you have clans and friends that will probably carry you through the Void and the trading system if you have money. I doubt anyone would want to waste their time farming for both, or for someone to deck out a Frost and then find out that his time was wasted when there's a Frost Prime with much better stats.

Edited by Aramet

1. Yeah, it could do with a bit more work. Get's real picky about what you're 'locking' onto in a crowd right now.

2. Nah. The step isn't significant enough. Besides, half the combos involve leaping flips and slides that send you flying.

3. Maybe... it could do with a bit of a tone down so you don't roll from 1 foot drops or jumps with zero forward momentum.

4. Nope. Balancing custom mods would be nightmarish, let alone the fact that anything people could make already exists in-game as either a Corrupted Mod, Nightmare mod or standard mod. Transmute is fine as is, even if the RNG can shaft you once in a while.

5. I'd say 'increase mod drops from rare enemies' personally - they're fine with Rare mods, it's just they share the same mod drop chance (low) with the more common enemies.

6. No.

7. ...also No. That's 3x the Forma to get a gun where you want it if you want multiple builds, which is an obscene about of Forma (15+ for things like the Ignis/Supra).

8. ...again, no. The elemental system is fine - you don't get to have your cake and eat it too, you have to choose what elements you run and not just slap on Blast + Viral + Gas + Magnetic. Mod smarter, not harder.

9. I wouldn't mind the ability to build things in multiples, but the build time on Forma is fine as-is (in line with the Potatoes as end-game leveling items).

10. No. The way the mods and abilities work is fine at the moment (even if everyone wants more mod slots) - you pick and choose what abilities you want, then run with the ones you actively use or have built for. While the Utility mods could do with some love, the issue with separating them out means everyone can run BOTH utility AND max power/survivability mods. Granted people rarely run Utility anyway, but 5 bucks says that if they added more slots for the utility mods people would still be min-maxing or complaining about not having more slots for their Corrupted builds.

11. That's for the future. Odds are we'll be seeing +Fire or +Frost mods like the Cicero Toxin mods soon. Don't really need extra nightmare mods to balance out the elemental boosts each weapon slot has (Fire for Primary, Shock for melee, frost for secondary), since that's more mod-glut.

12. Heavy Caliber and Serration stack, so... it's a MASSIVE damage bonus to your gun. Likewise Hornet Strike is 220% damage, so having, say, a Corrupted mod that added another 220% damage would be a bit... poorly balanced. Magnum force *could* do with a slight re-tweaking, but it honestly doesn't need it, and neither do any of the corrupted mods (if anything I think a few of them were nerfed recently for being too powerful). 

13. Melee has Stances, they don't need Auras. Primaries and Secondaries don't need Auras either - they have mentioned something about 'Firing Styles' in one of the older Devstreams, so that could work like the stances do. But it isn't need right now, since Forma works anyway (Stances only give +10 anyway, so weapon 'auras' would have to give the same for balance purposes).

14. As cool as that sounds, that's essentially 2+ more tilesets and an extra unique boss-fight for every single zone. That's... an extraordinary amount of work, especially if you want the boss fights to have any sort of punch of meaning. I'd stick this idea way, way, waaaaay on the back burner, since they've already planned out the next few updates anyway.

I think that there needs to be a reason to control dark sectors apart from your alliance name appearing on it. 

Also, i think there should be some sort of special room or interaction in the void (maybe in T4) that requires a prime warframe, e.g. special loot room or console that spawns a challenge with good rewards.

About the rolling thing. I think parkour 2.0 needs to happen, that or jetpacks.

1. Sure.

4. No. The last thing we need is more mod stacking. Mod stacking already exist in cookie-cutter form, what I'm suggest is a unique way of modding out your Warframe.

5. Kinda why they're "rare", no? Also, putting rare mods on common enemies will require a hit to the drop rate to balance it. We don't need more RNG.  Instead of moving them to common enemies the rare ones should be made more common

6. No. There's enough power creep and stat reliance in the game already. The last thing that we need is a new tier that screams "stat-based shooters that don't require skill are okay". This is a stat based game that doesn't require skill. This isn't some COD type game where you're actually going up against another player, this game is strictly PvE where stats count

8. No. The limitations on the combinations that you can get are an intended feature of Damage 2.0, and it has not hindered gameplay in any way. What you want is more damage-stacking, which is bad. The whole point of damage is to stack it, the more damage you do the quicker you can take out the enemy.

How many actually use "Rush" and how many can and/or want to spend up to 50 platinum for every "Rush", especially when they need to do about 10+ of the same item

10. Absolutely not. Free slots are neither necessary nor healthy for the game. Again, you're just wanting to revamp a balanced system so you can stack stats. The system is not balanced what-so-ever. There are probably hundreds of mods that go used for the same few that either increase Range, Duration, or Power Strength on frames that maybe 2 or 3 of it's powers equipped. Tell me how many players have you ran into that are using all 4 of there powers for that frame? or using 1 or 2 power and using the rest of the slot to maximize them while forsaking others mods?

11. I'm somewhat okay with this, but again, power creep is a huge issue. This isn't about power creeping, it's more about having the loadout I want without having to use a mod I don't want to use. Blaze is the only elemental mod that adds a damage buff for shotguns and it's most likely people that having it are probably using it even though they don't want to, all because that want the damage increase

12. Are you honestly suggesting that we buff Corrupted mods? Yes and No, I'm suggesting a balance. Heavy Caliber shouldn't cost 2 more mod slots then Serration when it has the added affect of negative accuracy, so either reduced it's mod slot cost to 1 or 2 less then Serration or buff it's damage (along with it's negative accuracy) while keeping it's cost the same

13. No. They are not necessary, and there is no reason to add this other than players going "but I want to stack more stats". There are other mods that do something other then add stats like the Scavengers mods

tl;dr

Disagree with most of these, because they encourage the game to turn in a power-creeping stat-based direction. The game is bad enough in this regard already; don't make it worse. Power creep is apart of nearly every game ever made. If  this new weapon isn't going to have better stats then this old one then what's the point in having it or making it

So what you're saying, in sum, is that power creep is okay and that letting this game walk down the path of Maplestory will do it well.

Agree to disagree, then.