Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Useful Channeling Idea "massives"

MoyuTheTrinity

How about a channeling mod that creates some type of energywave that can be aimed like a gun so we can hit airborn enemys it can even act like frost's 2nd ability and go thru enemys and have a limited range

Everytime you slice it subtracts energy while channeling throwing out a slice of energy that hits multiple targets kinda like a glaive but it costs energy it would be perfect for swords like the dragon katana that can be your primary weapon now put abit of life steal on it and boom you can now safely use life strike to get multiple hp heals without killing off your energy to baddly

rank 0/3  -50% efficiency  massive is thrown where you aim that does the channel damage not the swing damage so that 50% added damage you get for channeling boom right here and killing blow can increase it to 60% more damage at a range making it somewhat useful finaly

increasing rank adds range and width making it easier to hit that group of corpus shield bots that are trolling you

edit: added possible damage idea

Edited by MoyuTheMedic

Make it a "charge" attack. the glaive can be thrown for free so kudos for them but other people have to charge. For hammers it should be a wave of energy like banshees sonic boom. for axes and swords its a slash of energy, for daggers its a cross slash and maybe for staves it can be a wave like hammers or maybe a stab of energy like they thrust the edge of the bo staff forward and a quick bullet of energy fires from the end.

Edited by KibaWesker

Make it a "charge" attack. the glaive can be thrown for free so kudos for them but other people have to charge. For hammers it should be a wave of energy like banshees sonic boom. for axes and swords its a slash of energy, for daggers its a cross slash and maybe for staves it can be a wave like hammers or maybe a stab of energy like they thrust the edge of the bo staff forward and a quick bullet of energy fires from the end.

making it a charge attack would disrupt the flow of what currently is in the game alittle I think just normal channel slices that cost energy would be fine with just the mod on at its lowest it woudl be like 7.5 energy a swing 50% damage at a range that ONLY costs that if you didnt hit anything with the swing directly and hits everything in its path that would be enough to kill the osprays just fine that are super annoying like shields and leachers

the only problem now is your limiting people to either do energy blasts or to do charge slices. Some people like using all charge attacks without blasting energy but now those people cant have the slightly longer reach that mod provides because they must choose to always do it or to never do it. so either always blast or never blast

Edit: channel attacks not charge attacks

Edited by KibaWesker

the only problem now is your limiting people to either do energy blasts or to do charge slices. Some people like using all charge attacks without blasting energy but now those people cant have the slightly longer reach that mod provides because they must choose to always do it or to never do it. so either always blast or never blast

Edit: channel attacks not charge attacks

charge attacks dont exist anymore other then the glave >.< and the attack always goes off but always only takes out exactly that ammount of energy if they had hit anythign with the blade it would STILL do the channel and then sap out the energy of each and every mob hit so yes it always goes off but it would not matter as it barly eats any energy and can replace hitting things with normal channel and destroyign your energy you shouldnt be channeling with a melee weapon that hits more then once so it wont hurt anyone who uses daggers or other weak melee while channeling

edit: you could however make it so pressing and holding leftclick to channel without attacking after a shrot time would rpime the blade for an attack and cost 10 energy but i like my free damage idea more Q~Q

Edited by MoyuTheMedic

charge attacks dont exist anymore other then the glave >.< and the attack always goes off but always only takes out exactly that ammount of energy if they had hit anythign with the blade it would STILL do the channel and then sap out the energy of each and every mob hit so yes it always goes off but it would not matter as it barly eats any energy and can replace hitting things with normal channel and destroyign your energy you shouldnt be channeling with a melee weapon that hits more then once so it wont hurt anyone who uses daggers or other weak melee while channeling

edit: you could however make it so pressing and holding leftclick to channel without attacking after a shrot time would rpime the blade for an attack and cost 10 energy but i like my free damage idea more Q~Q

No offense but that right there is unfair and narrow minded. You shouldn't PUNISH someone just because they like daggers or whips. But with this idea the only weapons they should be using are one of the top three on each damage type. Just because charge attacks are gone doesn't mean they can't be re-implemented.

No offense but that right there is unfair and narrow minded. You shouldn't PUNISH someone just because they like daggers or whips. But with this idea the only weapons they should be using are one of the top three on each damage type. Just because charge attacks are gone doesn't mean they can't be re-implemented.

It isnt narrow minded >3< the way channeling works YOU ARE ALREADY punished for hitting more then 1 enemy more then 1 time with this it would hit multiple enemys for less energy not punishing you for using fast attacking weapons

let it be known tho when I first found that channeling requiered non of the timing DE steve said it would I was upset and when i saw it was not on a pay for slash but pay for hit I was appauled but if it must stay per hit I would love this to balanced out the field as utility maybe something anyone cando without mods

Edited by MoyuTheMedic

It isnt narrow minded >3< the way channeling works YOU ARE ALREADY punished for hitting more then 1 enemy more then 1 time with this it would hit multiple enemys for less energy not punishing you for using fast attacking weapons

let it be known tho when I first found that channeling requiered non of the timing DE steve said it would I was upset and when i saw it was not on a pay for slash but pay for hit I was appauled but if it must stay per hit I would love this to balanced out the field as utility maybe something anyone cando without mods

Well i like the "Only pay when hitting an enemy" cause with the new channel mods you get boosts. its always nice to see just how fast you can swing while channeling. and with the life steal mod your channeling ALONE is boosted to 17 energy per hit. to put a long range attack on it it would probably be near 140% just like life steal. so your going to be paying near 25 energy just to steal life and hit long range per SWING. i can use my first skill with that energy and kill more enemies that way then i would just to swing a melee weapon. and thats not the worst of it! If you add any other channel mods like faster swings or more damage your potentially getting your energy consumption up to near 50 per swing. its ridiculous.

I do see were your coming from but personally im NOT a fan of channeling. I think its not worth the energy consumption as it is right now! If the % energy consumption was lowered then maybe but spending near 25 energy for a life steal/channel spec mod lay out is ridiculous. So thats why i would rather have you channel then HOLD the attack button to do a semi long range energy attack that way if people WANT to offer up more energy from channeling they could otherwise its not effecting your channel efficiency because we all know giving melee long range is going to coast us a few limbs

Well i like the "Only pay when hitting an enemy" cause with the new channel mods you get boosts. its always nice to see just how fast you can swing while channeling. and with the life steal mod your channeling ALONE is boosted to 17 energy per hit. to put a long range attack on it it would probably be near 140% just like life steal. so your going to be paying near 25 energy just to steal life and hit long range per SWING. i can use my first skill with that energy and kill more enemies that way then i would just to swing a melee weapon. and thats not the worst of it! If you add any other channel mods like faster swings or more damage your potentially getting your energy consumption up to near 50 per swing. its ridiculous.

I do see were your coming from but personally im NOT a fan of channeling. I think its not worth the energy consumption as it is right now! If the % energy consumption was lowered then maybe but spending near 25 energy for a life steal/channel spec mod lay out is ridiculous. So thats why i would rather have you channel then HOLD the attack button to do a semi long range energy attack that way if people WANT to offer up more energy from channeling they could otherwise its not effecting your channel efficiency because we all know giving melee long range is going to coast us a few limbs

if you are using dual daggers thats 3x energy per swing then its also per hit so 3 enemys around you get hit 3x each thats 3x3 thats 9x the energy channeling with fast weapons is not recomended using channeling mods is not recomended either  using channeling efficiency mods is another not recomended thing either unless its focus energy :X channeling in general for fast weapons is a horrible idea because of its energy per hit not per swing in a game where hundreds of enemys are trying to kill you you should not be channeling in the current mechanics with a weapon that always hits 3 times when fighting 20 guys at a time even if you have both efficiency mods and it costs you 1 energy a hit thats 60 energy when you could have just stacked damage and did the same for no energy

with what i preposed that range would always cost alot yes but thats all it would cost to hit if 20 enemys where in the way you could melee them and kill them all without channel or channel and take 5x3x20 if it takes only 3 attacks to kill each while channeling or just 25x3 to hit them from a range

Edited by MoyuTheMedic