The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ods- Why They Want To Kill It?

JjForcebreaker

Even with at least one Nekros it's usually impossible to reach 15minutes. I don't know if it's caused by terrible map generation, wrecked spawning scripts or what but as for now it's impossible to do any serious survival in this mode. Can't remember last time when I've passed 30min mark.

Standing in one spot, running across whole map- no difference.

I'm sure DE know that, they have stats. Do any of you recall any attempts to fix it lately?

Edited by JjForcebreaker

Fixed I've got nothing constructive to contribute in here.

lmftfy

Playing with clanmates or random people makes no difference.

When without any bigger problems I can hit 50min mark in T3S with clanmates and can't do thatg with 20min in ODS something is wrong.

Their incompetence is killing this mode. I'll get Lex barrel faster than Burston parts.

I went to 45 mins not too long ago with 2 friends playing as trins and myself as a Nova. We stopped because we were bored.

Like others have said, it's really not that hard to get past 30 mins in that mode. You're either unlucky or with a really bad team.

I also solo them every now and then to about 15 - 30 mins depending on what I'm looking for. 

Edited by DecapitatingJim

It depends on lagg, where you are with team (spread out or camp capsules) And maybe if host have problems (back to the lagg) Once you find the motherload, the bee sack or whatever. You are golden for about 40, 60 minutes and so on. Found the good spot on ODS with Vauban, stood there with team untill 40min and just grinded the vortex of kills and loot. Epic it was. But try with different teams/ hosts. The problem seems to be there. No need for nekros, but he helps to get trough the tough part. And thats the 15m in my opinion... After that its all comming together and more spawn, and more of a challenge.  

Big factor of ODS in advance. Let them come, and gather, let them come and reproduce. If you bring Nova, no wonder the spawn got #*($%%@ up. Just let them come and gather up... Take one by one, and not them all at once. Trust me.

^This

But sometime the level generated a shi... well, sub optimal map layout (Large room but with closed door mostly) also contributed to a low spawn rate.

Me (Vauban) and a friend of mine (Nekros) are doing easily 1 hour when hunting for cells, and we're standing in a spot, make sure the room has many doors, and all are blue (so they can open) and just sit in that room, you'll get tons of enemies. 

One of the (if not the best) rooms is the one with the big orokin tree-like thing growing in the middle with 2 floors, make sure almost all doors are blue and make sure you sit on the bottom floor, it literally RAINS infested as they jump from the top floor down, that's how many you get, preferably try to not use a rhino/nova because the CC from their 4's makes them sit on the top floor much longer before they jump down.

I haven't tried ODS yet, but judging from other survival locations, there is a chance to get a bad map with bad spawns, bad drop rates or both. It's yet another RNG thing.

Tho most of the time things go well until 25-30 minutes into the game, I still think the RNG factor should be removed somehow from this gamemode. Even if it's small, and usually not noticable, it is still there, and you can get really unlucky with it.

O2 is always a crapshoot, but I frequently hit 20-30 minutes solo with Nyx or a Trinity. Other times, you can't find O2 with a search warrant and have to extract at 15.

It's not just ODS, either. There's a particular grineer asteroid tileset that's known for wonky O2 spawns as well--mostly for the same reason: difficult to reach areas that habitually spawn O2 cannisters.

Bottom line is you'll just have to run it more to get what you want.