Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Need A Kick Feature. Not Soon. Not Later. Now.

YourLocustBuddy

I run Kappa a lot. Usually for Oxium. Sometimes exp. Rarely for fun.

I was doing a run just now, and like most runs, there was one jackass who just wouldn't stay in the room and was ruining it for everyone else.

I even asked the guy nicely if he'd stay in the room, even said please, and he continued to be an A****** and told me to "stay mad".

Sure, there's issues of kick features being abused, so on and so forth. I don't really care at this point. I just want to be able to do Kappa runs or survival runs without having to worry about that one idiot who wants to ruin it for everyone else. Sure, I can play it solo, which I usually do. It's just annoying that any time I try to play co-op there's always that one chump who just gets off on being an insufferable.

So what kind of kick do I think works? Host-only. Why? 'Cause you have two cases here. In my case, I won't play a public game unless I'm hosting, and I'm only going to kick someone if they're being a S#&$bird. That'd probably be the case for most people. The second case is when the S#&$bird in question is the host, and kicks people just 'cause they want to. Sure, that can go wrong, so why don't I think a vote-to-kick works?
Two reasons.
Reason one: There's only four people, usually games that have a vote-to-kick feature have a large amount of players, so you know if the person gets kicked they deserved it. Four players doesn't really give a lot of leeway.
Second reason: Trolls love to travel in pairs. If there's two people playing the game normally, and then two people come in to harass them, there ain't anything they can do about it if it's a vote-to-kick system.

So all-in-all, host-only kicking doesn't have too much going for it, and about the same amount going against it as vote-kicking. Sure, it can be abused. If it is abused, you can remove it, simple as that. Could always add an option to matchmaking to join matches that do have host-kicking, matches that have vote-kicking, and matches that have no kicking. Simple as that. Maybe not simple to implement. Don't really care. Just kind of tired of always having to play single-player 'cause of the rotten apples in the bunch.

+1

A lot of people say it can be used for griefing, but there is no precedent for that. Every online game but warframe that I've ever played has basic group tools like kicking or kick voting and is better off for it, even if it can be used for griefing it always does more good than harm.

A lot of people would rather see some perfect amazing creative system that never could be used for anything bad and has tons of wonderful features. That's fine. Give us kicking and then take kicking out when that system is ready for release in 2018.

The bar for the community is on the floor as long as people can play like asshats and get away with it.

Spawn campers get booted from servers on shooters. People who mess up pulls and have no discipline get dropped in MMO's. People who ruin games on Warframe get to argue with you and pretend it's okay because MY OPINION MAN, MY PLAYSTYLE NOOB, XP IS SHARED STFU. Shooter servers with no admins die off and don't maintain regulars. MMO leaders who are too nice can't handle content with worthwhile rewards and fail over and over. Warframe has a ceiling on co-op potential and player retention as long as we leave this problem unsolved.

Edited by VKhaun

I reported a guy that essentially did the same thing to me when I asked him to politely stay in the defense room, so when he went all troll I just ended up taking screenshots and sending them to support. He was dealt with very soon after. 

Screenshots and Support are your friends :)

EDIT to keep OT: A blatant kick system initiated by players is rather a bad idea, imo. Too open to trolling. What they really need to implement is a blacklist that prevents you from ever being matched with X player again. 

Edited by BizarreFetalChimpanzee

Vote kicking works in L4D.

Let's go with that.

It *can* work. It can also be abused. I wanted to see just exactly how it works, so I looked it up. One of the first results I saw upon entering "L4D vote" in google was "L4D vote kick abuse". Must be a pretty common occurrence if that's one of the first results. Seems there's also a lot of threads on various forums that it doesn't work out so well. 

I reported a guy that essentially did the same thing to me when I asked him to politely stay in the defense room, so when he went all troll I just ended up taking screenshots and sending them to support. He was dealt with very soon after. 

EDIT to keep OT: A blatant kick system initiated by players is rather a bad idea, imo. Too open to trolling. What they really need to implement is a blacklist that prevents you from ever being matched with X player again. 

I didn't bother taking a screenshot at the time since I didn't think anyone would bother dealing with the troll. Now that I do know this, I'll make sure to take screen shots from here on in.

See, I'd much rather support a blacklist option over a kick feature. Last thing I want is to spend 30+ minutes/waves in a game only to get kicked at the last second for no reason.

i disagree with a 'votekick' feature, if anything it should be a 'hostkick', but AFAIK the fear is that troll host will bm other players

IMHO the most impartial and effective feature is to just GIVE US A BLACKLIST, currently u can ignore players in chat but u will still be grouped with them, by giving us a blacklist, it is completely personal and unique to each user and they have the ability to filter who they simply dont want to be grouped with in the future

after a few months i figure the community will have basically 'quarantined' the vast majority of toxic players, so basically, problem solved