Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Love To Hate You

OldGodKing

Question

...yay for a crappy title.

Need some feedback on my mod setup for Hate. From what I can tell, I can make the Hate a pretty good weapon w/o any Forma in it.

P.S, If I get Life Strike and Corrupt Charge by Trading, how much would an unranked one cost?

Grineer

http://goo.gl/ZXNmfm

Infested

http://goo.gl/RHcLYN

Corpus + Void

Corpus - [Not sure which elements to put in. Magnetic or Toxin + Smite mod.]

Void - [Go full Corrosive on Void since I only have 2 spare mod space for a combined element?]

Edited by AxialBlue

16 answers to this question

I think I'd add quickening instead of corrupt charge since the spoiled strike lowers the speed a bit. Yeah I'm more of an attack speed person, if you like channeling it's actually a nice build

Edited by F_deel

I actually tried out this little setup and the speed didn't feel like it would hinder me so I'll stick with Corrupt Charge.

Just curious though, will Life Strike work as long as I hit something with my melee? Or do I have to channel the energy for it to take effect?

Unranked Life Strike is around 9-12p.

And the effect only applies when you're channeling and an attack connects.What I'm trying to figure out is whether it's better to just use a R0 Life Strike for efficiency or to raise it a Rank or two for more healing, assuming you're using a Rage build with high vit? At R1, you're using about 8 energy per hit that connects for a 10% life drain. Assuming you're spinning into crowds with the Hate, that's a hefty amount of healing if you hit 2-3 targets. At the same time, that's ~24 energy spent.

Edited by Noble_Cactus

Unranked Life Strike is around 9-12p.

And the effect only applies when you're channeling and an attack connects.What I'm trying to figure out is whether it's better to just use a R0 Life Strike for efficiency or to raise it a Rank or two for more healing, assuming you're using a Rage build with high vit?

I'm using Hate with my Excalibur who has around 700 HP with a max Vitality and I have Rage installed too.

I heard that R0 is more than enough  for Life Strike but I wouldn't know since I've never actually used it.

Edited by AxialBlue

Don't use Corrupt Charge. Its +50% dmg to the channeling modifier, which is only +23.8% dmg when channeling, which gets worse and worse as your combo counter goes up. It's barely worth it for the damage - when you consider it makes attacks less efficient it's just terrible overall.

Edit: Use Smite Grineer instead, +30% to all attacks. Or an event mod if you have it. Or some Toxin for a bit of  bonus damage to Ferrite Grineer. For Infested, definitely use Smite Infested instead, as the base slash increase is worth a lot more than against Grineer.

Even Killing Blow is not that great - works out to +40% damage when channeling without a combo multiplier, but when you have 1.5x on the board you're only getting 20% more damage by having the mod installed, so just about anything else is a better choice.

Life Strike is 5% hp return per extra 1.75 energy spent - because of the base energy cost, this mod is most EFFICIENT in terms of health restore when fully ranked. However the higher you rank it, the more energy you waste when you dont want health returns.

IMO use low rank LS if you intend to channel attacks for damage, use it at full rank if you're only going to activate channeling to heal.

Edit: I prefer the latter, so I would build like this for Grineer, giving me much higher base damage when not channeling (and in fact more damage when channeling too!)

Edited by Darzk

Don't use Corrupt Charge. Its +50% dmg to the channeling modifier, which is only +23.8% dmg when channeling, which gets worse and worse as your combo counter goes up. It's barely worth it for the damage - when you consider it makes attacks less efficient it's just terrible overall.

Life Strike is 5% hp return per extra 1.75 energy spent - because of the base energy cost, this mod is most EFFICIENT in terms of health restore when fully ranked. However the higher you rank it, the more energy you waste when you dont want health returns.

IMO use low rank LS if you intend to channel attacks for damage, use it at full rank if you're only going to activate channeling to heal.

Well, crap. I guess I'll save this newly purchased C.Charge for some other weapon then.

Tbh, I don't know what I want to do with Life Strike since I don't even have it at the moment. But from the looks of it, I'd better get 2 LS then, one unranked and one maxed.

What should I use in place of Corrupt Charge?

I suppose I could just go full Corrosive for my Void build. But not sure which element I should use for Corpus. Mag or Toxin. =/

Edited by AxialBlue

But not sure which element I should use for Corpus. Mag or Toxin. =/

Both?

Corpus tend not to proc bleeds as much so I could even see dropping Life Strike for the Cicero mod, which would give you optimal damage against Corpus.

Swapping the Cicero in instead of Smite would give a slight damage increase against crewmen, but a considerable damage decrease against robots.

Edited by Darzk

Both?

Corpus tend not to proc bleeds as much so I could even see dropping Life Strike for the Cicero mod, which would give you optimal damage against Corpus.

Swapping the Cicero in instead of Smite would give a slight damage increase against crewmen, but a considerable damage decrease against robots.

Lol, I'm an idiot. I forgot that Corrupt Charge was taken out so another element could fit in there.

But will Mag be more efficient than Killing Blow in the long run?

Looking my own Void setup though, I could use an extra Shocking Touch with the current installed Corrosive setup of Focus Energy and Fever Strike. But that has a lower damage base than the other builds. Tried putting in Voltaic Strike too but the damage is still lower than my Grineer and Corpus builds.

Maybe I should put in Killing Blow specifically for the Void build.

Edited by AxialBlue

Void, imo. Assuming you don't have Cicero.

Using Killing Blow instead, we gain significant damage for channel attacks (~20% of what we most want), but lose damage on regular attacks. In addition, that 20% drops rapidly as we get to higher combo multipliers. By the time we're at a 2x combo multiplier, we'd be doing more damage with the non-KB build. However KB will always be doing more Corrosive damage.

If you had the cicero mod too +300% corrosive would definately be ideal. However, if you don't, and you're often using channel attacks, KB might be a better option than the extra cold damage.

Edit: Use Smite Grineer instead, +30% to all attacks. Or an event mod if you have it. Or some Toxin for a bit of  bonus damage to Ferrite Grineer. For Infested, definitely use Smite Infested instead, as the base slash increase is worth a lot more than against Grineer.

Even Killing Blow is not that great - works out to +40% damage when channeling without a combo multiplier, but when you have 1.5x on the board you're only getting 20% more damage by having the mod installed, so just about anything else is a better choice.

Edit: I prefer the latter, so I would build like this for Grineer, giving me much higher base damage when not channeling (and in fact more damage when channeling too!)

Well I'll be. That's the exact setup I have on my Hate.

Something important to keep in mind is the damage multiplier for different stances. No numbers yet but this poster is working on finding out how the Scythe stances alter their damage output. I personally don't find the combo finisher on Reaping Spiral's second combo to be all that practical, either, but whether or not you want to use it is up to personal preference

Edited by Noble_Cactus